Author Topic: Former Top Rated NRA Senator Rumored to Introduce Gun Ban This Week  (Read 9314 times)

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
Like I said, his guests are often Nobel prize winners, and state/national lawmakers
Oh my gosh! I had no idea Al Gore was an Alex Jones guest! :rolleyes:

Geojap, forget it, it isn't worth trying to change your mind, I knew a guy just like you.
He really believes he is a friend to the cause of freedom/2nd Amendment but his infowars nonsense
just marked him as a lunatic, I do not know if anyone has told you, but crazy people often believe they are sane.

"infowars" people are either insane, incredibly naive, or really incredibly stupid.
Except for Alex Jones, he is just a huckster.

Good luck geo, you're gonna need it.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Matthew Carberry

• Formerly carebear
  • friend
  • Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
I have one for you.

infowars trumpeted HR 45 as a serious threat by simply reprinting a GOA (another depressingly frquent bastion of unreason and chicken-little-ism) press release on the subject. 

There was NO follow-up journalism I can find on the site noting this was vanity legislation that had been repeatedly introduced over almost a decade by one or another of the usual subjects and just as regularly left to die in committee without co-sponsors.

This idiotic non-issue, promulgated by Pratt, Jones and the rest of those whos' ad revenue and donations depend on scaring the credulous (who fail to do their own research and just believe what they read from their chosen "authorities") inflamed the gun blogs and forii for weeks, distracting gun owners from more subtle threats such as the Inter-American Arms Treaty and the UN Convention on Small Arms.

If just once infowars did real research and/or admitted that they were wrong once that becomes clear they might gain a bit of credibility form people who can and do think for themselves.
"Not all unwise laws are unconstitutional laws, even where constitutional rights are potentially involved." - Eugene Volokh

"As for affecting your movement, your Rascal should be able to achieve the the same speeds no matter what holster rig you are wearing."

GeoJAP

Oh my gosh! I had no idea Al Gore was an Alex Jones guest! :rolleyes:

Geojap, forget it, it isn't worth trying to change your mind, I knew a guy just like you.
He really believes he is a friend to the cause of freedom/2nd Amendment but his infowars nonsense
just marked him as a lunatic, I do not know if anyone has told you, but crazy people often believe they are sane.

"infowars" people are either insane, incredibly naive, or really incredibly stupid.
Except for Alex Jones, he is just a huckster.

Good luck geo, you're gonna need it.

I'm going to say this one more time.  YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT IT AT ALL.  You never listen, you don't know who is on his shows and you have NO IDEA WHAT HE SAYS.  YOU ARE IGNORANT and talking out of your rear-end here.  You are spouting off about him when you literally know NOTHING about what he actually says.  He HATES Al Gore.  The Nobel prize winner was Josef Stiglitz who was VP of the World Bank and talked about how corporations rape small countries under globalism.

Today on his show, Alex had the director of the new documentary "Reclaiming the Blade", which discusses the important of the sword throughout history.  They discussed the importance of having an armed militia citizenry and how that specifically applied to the Second Amendment and why it was so important.  Check it out here: http://www.reclaimingtheblade.com/

How dare you presume that I might not support the Second Amendment.  How dare you presume that you can pass any judgment on me without knowing me at all.  You sir, are a patronizing, ignorant blow hard.  You pass judgment on those you know nothing about.  Your contributions are not even positive, they leave a negative black hole in the discussion.  This thread is worse off after you have participated.

I encourage everyone to actually listen to what Alex says and read the news stories and government documents he discusses.  Make up your own mind then after you have checked him out.  One good documentary to get you started is called "Endgame".  It's all over the internet on video sites.  He also has a bibliography with all his sources for the documentary, so you can check him out.  Just google: "Endgame bibliography".

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
How dare you ignore the fact that the article in question is a complete, utter, and bald faced lie. Perhaps you'd care to address that fact?
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Physics

• ∇xE=-1/c·∂B/∂t, ∇·E=4πρ, ∇·B=0, ∇xB=1/c·∂E/∂t, F=q(E+v/cxB)
  • friend
How dare you ignore the fact that the article in question is a complete, utter, and bald faced lie. Perhaps you'd care to address that fact?

Gonna agree with Balog on this one.

From infowars:
Senator Kirsten Gillibrand, Democrat and member of the so-called Blue Dog Coalition, plans to introduce an assault weapons ban this week.

From the source infowars quoted:
But McCarthy said that next week she plans to introduce an assault weapons ban - legislation that is anathema to the NRA and that could pose a problem for Gillibrand.

There seems to be a contradiction here. 

And remember, gunsmith has a very good point.  It's not just what you believe in, but how you contribute to that belief.  Does it help the cause you are fighting for if Charles Manson comes out on your side?  No, it hurts your cause, because people think that Manson is crazy.  You can be for Alex Jones and his 9/11 conspiracy theory all you want, just remember that people WILL judge you based on that decision, and people WILL take you less seriously.  Not saying I agree with it, but that's life. 

Also, whenever there is a plausible explanation for a conspiracy theory, it wasn't a conspiracy. 

And frankly, GeoJAP, stop being a jerk.  It really makes people just not listen.  If you cannot present your argument in a constructive way, then maybe you should think about letting others fight your battles.  Relax, nobody is attacking YOU, they merely do not believe your source, because frankly, it's been shown (hell I just showed it AGAIN) that in at least 1 case, infowars was WRONG. 
In the world of science, there is physics.  Everything else is stamp collecting.  -Ernest Rutherford

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
And frankly, GeoJAP, stop being a jerk.  It really makes people just not listen.  If you cannot present your argument in a constructive way, then maybe you should think about letting others fight your battles.  Relax, nobody is attacking YOU, they merely do not believe your source, because frankly, it's been shown (hell I just showed it AGAIN) that in at least 1 case, infowars was WRONG. 

But, but, but, they have experts and sources and everything! How dare you question them! You traitor to the cause!  ;/

If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

GeoJAP

because the article in question cites a shady source...

How about all these other sources he provides, which are THE government documents themselves?
MIAC report: http://www.infowars.com/secret-state-police-report-ron-paul-bob-barr-chuck-baldwin-libertarians-are-terrorists/
Army War College Report recommends re-focusing US Army to potentially act against domestic US civilians: http://www.strategicstudiesinstitute.army.mil/Pubs/Display.Cfm?pubID=890
DHS report labels veterans as possible extremists/terrorists: http://www.infowars.com/homeland-security-report-upsets-veterans/
DHS report labels people who discuss Constitution as "extremists": http://www.infowars.com/dhs-extremist-lexicon-emerges/

Did you actually read my earlier post? Oh, and you are aware that appeal to authority is a logical fallacy?

Conversely, establishing authority is a primary technique in debate.

Additionally, I've seen his 9/11 troof "documentary" and found it utterly laughable. The proof of his lack of credibility is his body of work.

Evidently many scientists don't agree with you.  Two independent scientists found thermite material in the dust in NYC from 9/11.  There were explosives used.
http://rawstory.com/news/2008/Scientists_find_active_superthermite_in_WTC_0404.html
http://www.bentham-open.org/pages/content.php?TOCPJ/2009/00000002/00000001/7TOCPJ.SGM

Are those sources good enough?  Check them out.

GeoJAP

And remember, gunsmith has a very good point.  It's not just what you believe in, but how you contribute to that belief.  Does it help the cause you are fighting for if Charles Manson comes out on your side?  No, it hurts your cause, because people think that Manson is crazy.  You can be for Alex Jones and his 9/11 conspiracy theory all you want, just remember that people WILL judge you based on that decision, and people WILL take you less seriously.

Also, whenever there is a plausible explanation for a conspiracy theory, it wasn't a conspiracy. 

Point taken, thanks.  Physics, what do you think about this report?
http://rawstory.com/news/2008/Scientists_find_active_superthermite_in_WTC_0404.html
http://www.bentham-open.org/pages/content.php?TOCPJ/2009/00000002/00000001/7TOCPJ.SGM

GeoJAP

But, but, but, they have experts and sources and everything! How dare you question them! You traitor to the cause!  ;/

What I was heatedly saying above is that you should just check out some of the sources.  It appears obvious to me that you haven't, and therefore don't know what you're talking about.

It's like someone looking at the ground saying, "The sky is green."  Someone else says, "What? Have you even seen it?  It's right there!  Look at it!  It's blue! It's right there!"

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
Care to answer the question about the article in question, and the fact that it's a complete fabrication?

Why are you citing things about the extremist reports when that's not we are discussing? No one is saying every single thing Infowars says is a complete lie; just that much of it is. But I suppose addressing that would upset your little applecart, wouldn't it?

/gasp Two whole scientists?!?! ZOMG, it must be true!!!!!!!!11!!one!!!  :rolleyes:

Quote from: G.B Shaw
The moment we want to believe something, we suddenly see all the arguments for it, and become blind to the arguments against it.

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
What I was heatedly saying above is that you should just check out some of the sources.  It appears obvious to me that you haven't, and therefore don't know what you're talking about.

It's like someone looking at the ground saying, "The sky is green."  Someone else says, "What? Have you even seen it?  It's right there!  Look at it!  It's blue! It's right there!"

Have you looked at the source of the article we're talking about? The one that infowars blatantly lies about? Or do you just prefer to insult people and ignore their arguments while citing sources that have no bearing on the point being argued?
« Last Edit: May 13, 2009, 04:04:33 PM by Balog »

gunsmith

• friend
Dick Cheney is from
Wyoming!!!!
Last summer it was hot in Wyoming!!!
This past winter it was cold in Wyoming!!
This proves that climate change in Wyoming is all Dick Cheney's fault!!!
Also people in Wyoming sometimes use explosives during mining operations thus it proves without a shadow of a doubt....
DICK CHENEY IMPLODED BUILDING SEVEN!!!
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

GeoJAP

You guys are being complete idiots now.  When presented with good sources, you act like fools.  Give me a break.

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
You guys are being complete idiots now.  When presented with good sources, you act like fools.  Give me a break.

If those sources had any relationship to the topic at hand they might be better received.

By the way, are you ever going to address the fact that the article this thread is about is a blatant lie?

gunsmith

• friend
You sir, are a patronizing, ignorant blow hard.

=D :lol:

Why, thanks! I'll have you know in addition to those fine qualities I have many other attributes, such as my humility...I'm very proud of my humility! =D =D =D :lol: :lol: :lol: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel:

Physics

• ∇xE=-1/c·∂B/∂t, ∇·E=4πρ, ∇·B=0, ∇xB=1/c·∂E/∂t, F=q(E+v/cxB)
  • friend
I am well aware of Dr. Stephen Jones' work on 9-11.  That is the only thing that is believable in this whole conspiracy theory stuff.

Keep in mind that the process he uses cannot specify what specific chemicals are, only the atomic makeup.  Yes he sees the same signature as military grade thermate, but that is not conclusive evidence with energy dispersive x-ray analysis (edx for short).  I use this same technique in my scanning electron microscope.  Great for certain things, but it is not EELS, that is for sure.

I have seen all those documentaries, and I remain unconvinced.
In the world of science, there is physics.  Everything else is stamp collecting.  -Ernest Rutherford

GeoJAP

If those sources had any relationship to the topic at hand they might be better received.

We were discussing Alex Jones and his sources.  It applies.

By the way, are you ever going to address the fact that the article this thread is about is a blatant lie?

Yes, the articles' title on Infowars and Newsday don't jive with each other at all. 

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
If by "title" you mean "entire article" we can agree.

And again, no one has said Alex Jones et all have never ever said anything true. We are merely pointing out the frequent lies, half-truths, distortions, and misrepresentations. As such, pointing out that he occasionally cites "reputable" sources has no bearing.

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
Oh, and just in case you missed it this is the "Armed Polite Society" not the "Be An ahole To Anyone Who Dares Call Alex Jones On His Bullshit Society." Unless you are looking for an intimate night for two at Hotel Banschwerk I'd suggest you tone the wild eyed rhetoric, personal attacks, and general ass-hattery down a few notches.