Author Topic: Type "Boog," get shot  (Read 2802 times)

MechAg94

• friend
Re: Type "Boog," get shot
« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2020, 02:57:29 PM »
The other side of the story begins.

https://www.usnews.com/news/us/articles/2020-03-17/police-man-shot-by-officer-had-rifle-ignored-commands

Not sure how you get a conviction that prohibits you from owning firearms until 30, as mentioned in the article.  That's pretty weird.

Still it's another situation where no-knocks are clearly being abused.  The crimes he's accused of are not the type of crimes where you can destroy evidence (guns don't flush down the toilet very well), and he's not going to hurt anyone in the house.

I'm still very interested in body cam footage.  Supposedly multiple eyewitness reports support the original assertion that police fired into the house before announcing themselves or breaching the door.
The only thing that comes to mind is possibly probation from a misdemeanor.  Someone I know has a relative on probation down here and "no guns" was supposedly part of the probation requirements.  I think that was for a felony though. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2020, 03:01:50 PM »
I agree with dogmush.  No knock raids need to stop.  We are supposed to follow the rule that we would rather see 10 guilty people let go than convict 1 innocent person.  It seems to me these raids trample on people's rights and sometimes kill them to stop the for the remote possibility that someone might dispose of evidence while the police are still outside. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #27 on: March 18, 2020, 08:44:46 PM »
Which? Being in a militia, or shooting people while they sleep?  >:D

Yes,  and it depends on the person... >:D
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #28 on: March 18, 2020, 08:50:03 PM »
Three Percenters around here really aren't even considered a militia group - more of a "patriot movement" group. They're practically mainstream.

I'm in no way disparaging the overall 3% movement,  far from it.  My gunsafe proudly wears an Oathkeepers sticker.

The Media tried to paint this guy as a militia type, and the usually proceeds to show footage of fat losers in surplus camo waddling around the gun range while calling eachother by unearned ranks.  That's all I meant by militia = tacky.  The Media has effectively killed that word.

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #29 on: March 18, 2020, 09:05:05 PM »
I'm in no way disparaging the overall 3% movement,  far from it.  My gunsafe proudly wears an Oathkeepers sticker.

The Media tried to paint this guy as a militia type, and the usually proceeds to show footage of fat losers in surplus camo waddling around the gun range while calling eachother by unearned ranks.  That's all I meant by militia = tacky.  The Media has effectively killed that word.

Oh, I wasn't disparaging you for anything. I'm always talking about the sloppy battle rattle militia guys showing up to gun protests and making us look bad. And truth be told, some of the three percenters are those same guys, including here. But most that I've seen around here seem to be more like the Black Rifle Coffee Company dudes - clean cut and a bit hipster.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #30 on: March 18, 2020, 09:09:59 PM »
Oh, I wasn't disparaging you for anything. I'm always talking about the sloppy battle rattle militia guys showing up to gun protests and making us look bad. And truth be told, some of the three percenters are those same guys, including here. But most that I've seen around here seem to be more like the Black Rifle Coffee Company dudes - clean cut and a bit hipster.

:cool:

Any group of guys who run a company that puts a frigging M61 Vulcan on a Prius gets a pass from me.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2020, 01:51:21 AM »

Call Evan a hipster to his face, it would make for awesome YouTube content.   >:D =D

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #32 on: March 19, 2020, 08:16:38 AM »
Call Evan a hipster to his face, it would make for awesome YouTube content.   >:D =D

I say a bit hipster because I heard him say that in an interview. Though I guess he lost the beard now.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #33 on: March 19, 2020, 02:06:02 PM »
:cool:

Any group of guys who run a company that puts a frigging M61 Vulcan on a Prius gets a pass from me.

Amen, brother.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.