Author Topic: U.S. Capitol police will become a spy agency?  (Read 533 times)

Grandpa Shooter

• friend
U.S. Capitol police will become a spy agency?
« on: July 09, 2021, 07:15:44 PM »
Capitol Police opening up new offices in Florida, California to handle threats to Congress

The United States Capitol Police (USCP) will open new regional offices in response to increased threats to members of Congress since the Jan. 6 Capitol attack, the police agency announced Tuesday.

The first announced two field offices will open in California and Florida, with additional states expected in the "near future," acting USCP Chief Yogananda Pittman said in a statement Tuesday. The purpose will be "to investigate threats to Members of Congress."

This is the intro to an article I read just now.  You can just type in Capitol police to establish branch offices to get the whole story.  It is on multiple servers so it's now common knowledge.  As one subject of the .gov witch hunt back in the 90's, this whole concept scares me.  If you know someone who knows someone, you are suspect.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: U.S. Capitol police will become a spy agency?
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2021, 07:32:41 PM »
I'm surprised they chose CA and FL, instead of someplace in flyover country, where all the white supremacist domestic terrorists are.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2021, 08:38:28 PM »
I'm surprised they chose CA and FL, instead of someplace in flyover country, where all the white supremacist domestic terrorists are.
I’m surprised they didn’t go with Hawaii for their vacation postings.

Grandpa Shooter

• friend
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2021, 08:58:40 PM »
There were a number identified as being from Ca and Fl, out of the 500 arrested so far, so they picked two liberal states to start with.

griz

• friend
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2021, 09:27:14 AM »
Can that be challenged legally?  I don't understand how they claim any jurisdiction whatsoever.  After all, if my local police department opened up a branch office in DC I would think it would be frowned upon by the feds.
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

Grandpa Shooter

• friend
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2021, 07:34:35 AM »
Can that be challenged legally?  I don't understand how they claim any jurisdiction whatsoever.  After all, if my local police department opened up a branch office in DC I would think it would be frowned upon by the feds.

When did the liberals start caring about the Constitution and the laws?

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2021, 08:26:36 AM »

First you create another money draining agency then you make sure it's offices are in choice vacation spots.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2021, 08:30:08 AM »

I would assume the USCP are federal law enforcement agents. 

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2021, 10:34:49 AM »
I would assume the USCP are federal law enforcement agents. 

If Pelosi's personal police department aren't federal law enforcement agents, I'm sure they soon will be.  I can't imagine them overlooking that.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.