Author Topic: More on that rift healing.  (Read 1318 times)

Battle Monkey of Zardoz

• friends
  • A more Elegant Monkey for a more civilized Forum.
“We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.”

Abraham Lincoln

With the first link the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

onions!

• friend
  • Space for rent.
Re: More on that rift healing.
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2014, 09:47:52 PM »
I thought it would be this one:

http://www.timesunion.com/local/article/Saratoga-deputy-suspended-as-video-of-slapping-5880169.php
Totally justified:
"What my husband did and how he reacted wasn't the correct way to do it, but there were circumstances that came about beforehand," she said. "He's had a very hard year."

^^ie.He's special.
jeff w

I like onions!

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2014, 10:06:33 PM »
This is 10 kinds of screwed up.

http://www.fromthetrenchesworldreport.com/buffalo-police-department-confiscates-guns-from-widows/111063#more-111063

When and if they ever get charged with denying Civil Rights, they could use the infamous Nurenberg Defense, otherwise known as "The Eichmann Defense":

Adolf Eichmann was one of the most prominent Nazis to use this defense at his trial (held in Israel in 1961).

“”I cannot recognize the verdict of guilty. . . . It was my misfortune to become entangled in these atrocities. But these misdeeds did not happen according to my wishes. It was not my wish to slay people. . . . Once again I would stress that I am guilty of having been obedient, having subordinated myself to my official duties and the obligations of war service and my oath of allegiance and my oath of office, and in addition, once the war started, there was also martial law. . . . I did not persecute Jews with avidity and passion. That is what the government did. . . . At that time obedience was demanded, just as in the future it will also be demanded of the subordinate.

In other words, "Ich folgte nur meine Ordnungen."

"I was only following my orders."

Terry, 230RN

« Last Edit: November 10, 2014, 10:26:13 PM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

Battle Monkey of Zardoz

• friends
  • A more Elegant Monkey for a more civilized Forum.
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2014, 10:26:31 PM »
I thought it would be this one:

http://www.timesunion.com/local/article/Saratoga-deputy-suspended-as-video-of-slapping-5880169.php

Yep. I saw that one. Thought about posting it, but if I had, I would have been reminded that I hate cops.
“We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.”

Abraham Lincoln

With the first link the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2014, 11:14:37 PM »
Nice call by the sergeant. "Yeah, I'd do the same thing again -- unless I knew I was being recorded."

That right there is as good an argument as anyone can possibly make for why ALL officers should wear body cams at all times they are in uniform.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2014, 11:41:44 PM »
This is 10 kinds of screwed up.

http://www.fromthetrenchesworldreport.com/buffalo-police-department-confiscates-guns-from-widows/111063#more-111063

So, fifteen days to unload every gun a loved one may have collected, no matter how valuable. Yeah, that sounds reasonable. You just buried your dad, and now you have a week and a half to sell everything he's got to the chiselers at your local gun store. Why so generous? This is a public safety issue. Make it 24 hours.  ;/
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

tokugawa

• friend
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2014, 04:38:29 AM »
This is a provision in Washington States new 594 law- if a person dies, his heirs  have 60 days to report his handguns to the police to "pass the background check" register them, or a felony occurs, repeat felonies with a "serious crime" enhancement occur if there are more than one handgun.
  Sweet, hey? Just what every widow is thinking about in her grief.