Author Topic: Lord of War movie  (Read 1232 times)

Lord of War movie
« on: September 18, 2005, 09:58:51 PM »

InfidelSerf

• friend
Lord of War movie
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2005, 08:35:26 AM »
Hmm a movie about guns from hollywierd.. based on the one line in the preview.. I'm betting its going to be an antigun movie.
The hour is fast approaching,on which the Honor&Success of this army,and the safety of our bleeding Country depend.Remember~Soldiers,that you are Freemen,fighting for the blessings of Liberty-that slavery will be your portion,and that of your posterity,if you do not acquit yourselves like men.GW8/76

InfidelSerf

• friend
Lord of War movie
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2005, 03:13:24 PM »
why do I think its going to be anti-gun... this line in the preview
"You get rich by giving the poorest people on the planet the means to continue killing each other"

It seems to me firearms have always given the poorest people on the planet the means to even the playing field against wealthy tyrants and dictators.

with that in mind I'll certainly download it and see if its any good Smiley
go ahead and flame the evil pirate Wink
The 19th was my day afterall http://www.talklikeapirate.com/piratehome.html
The hour is fast approaching,on which the Honor&Success of this army,and the safety of our bleeding Country depend.Remember~Soldiers,that you are Freemen,fighting for the blessings of Liberty-that slavery will be your portion,and that of your posterity,if you do not acquit yourselves like men.GW8/76

InfidelSerf

• friend
Lord of War movie
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2005, 01:06:07 PM »
I just finished watching Lord of War..

Overall its a movie that is trying to point out the evil of gunrunning.

But it makes many assumptions and leads you to conclusions that are not founded in any common sense or logical thought.  
Cage's character makes a few good points. But they are all in vain. Since his character is dismissed as just a lunatic trying to justify his evil ways.

In the ending credits they post a couple "factoids"
First they say it was based on actual events
based on actual events my a** ... other then the fact that there are arms dealers in the world, and based on the fact that Nicholas Cage exists
And then they post this statement
"While private gunnrunner's continue to thrive, the worlds biggest arms suppliers are the US,UK,Russia, France & China"  followed by "They are also the 5 permanent members of the U.N. security council"
I'll just quote Zundfolge concerning those..

"the largest arms suppliers are also the 5 permanent members of the UN security council."
Bullfeces.

Colt, Winchester, H&K, Glock, SIG,Fabrique National,etc are not members of the UN security council ... thats commie thinking
(ie equating governments with the companies they represent...or more to the point, equating governments with the citizens they represent who may own gun companies)
the US, UK and French governments don't make guns, they are governments

all the major arms suppliers are private companies, not government institutions

"While private gunnrunner's continue to thrive, the worlds biggest arms suppliers are..."

I still contend thats a lie ... just because HK is in Germany doesn't mean that Germany is supplying arms ... just because Colt is in the US doesn't mean that the US is supplying arms.

Just because McDonalds is headquartered in the US doesn't mean that the US is feeding the world hamburgers
exactly, capitalism exercised by private citizens feeds the world
actually private citizens themselves, feed themself.. so technically private citizens feed the world

I have to say I liked the opening credits...you follow a camera angle attached to the base of a casing from the manufacturing line to the crate to several destinations until you are shoved into a magazine and finally fired into a guy(some have said its a kid..well if you can consider a 17yo carrying a kalishnakov a child then so be it) very clever cinematography.