Author Topic: Yay and Nay votes on House bill for Health Care  (Read 12767 times)

Fjolnirsson

• friends
  • The Anti-Claus
Yay and Nay votes on House bill for Health Care
« on: March 21, 2010, 07:42:25 PM »
...nevermind.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2010, 09:00:33 PM by Fjolnirsson »
Hi.

Fjolnirsson

• friends
  • The Anti-Claus
Re: Yay and Nay votes on House bill for Health Care
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2010, 07:43:27 PM »
Sorry, I screwed up.

« Last Edit: March 21, 2010, 09:00:49 PM by Fjolnirsson »
Hi.

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2010, 08:20:58 PM »
OK.  The first link and list of names was from the orginal vote back in November '09.  The second link was of the vote over just the Stupak ammendment (prohibiting federal dollars being spent on elective abortions) also from Nov '09.

Not sure what your point here is.   =|

Fjolnirsson

• friends
  • The Anti-Claus
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2010, 08:59:41 PM »
I was just coming back to fix that, having realized my error. My point is, I'm an idiot.
Hi.

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2010, 10:32:36 PM »
Voting underway now...

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2010, 10:45:58 PM »
...and that's it.  Passed.

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2010, 10:47:46 PM »
219 to 212.  Not a single Republican voted for it.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2010, 10:51:50 PM by Headless Thompson Gunner »

p12

• friend
  • I SEE NOISES!!
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2010, 10:49:03 PM »
 [barf]

Traitors

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2010, 10:49:15 PM »
212 after the gutless Democrats who wanted political cover but didn't want to anger the leadership voted no.

The anger will be unimaginable this year.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2010, 10:50:53 PM »
219 to 210.  Not a single Republican voted for it.

i thought one did?
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Matthew Carberry

• Formerly carebear
  • friend
  • Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2010, 10:56:59 PM »
When I clicked off Cspan 2 Reps had yet to vote.  But time flows differently in the Congress-zone.  ;/

I think it was party line.
"Not all unwise laws are unconstitutional laws, even where constitutional rights are potentially involved." - Eugene Volokh

"As for affecting your movement, your Rascal should be able to achieve the the same speeds no matter what holster rig you are wearing."

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2010, 10:57:57 PM »
i thought one did?
Not according to the CSpan on-screen tally.

34 Dems voted against, 178 Republicans (all of 'em) voted against.

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2010, 11:02:14 PM »
I didn't think they'd do it.

They're going to pay a serious price in November. If not, then this country isn't the USA any more.

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2010, 11:05:21 PM »
Now voting on the Stupak amendment.  Stupak caved to the President and renounced his amendment, but Reps are trying to pass it anyway knowing that it would prevent Senate adoption and kill the bill. 

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2010, 11:08:45 PM »
Final tally isn't in, but the amendment is defeated.  The bill will go the Senate, will be quickly passed there, and signed into law.

We're boned.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2010, 11:14:30 PM »
And now they are off to solve illegal immigration! Taking all bets on the length of the amnesty bill they'll put together and how long it'll take 'em to ram it down our throats pass it.

November isn't going to hurt them nearly as much as everyone thinks it will. If they are voted out, they will be back in shortly, and nothing will be repealed.

[barf]
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2010, 11:25:21 PM »
Here's a quip from Pelosi:

"We all know, and it's been said over and over again, that our economy needs something, a jolt and I believe that this legislation will unleash tremendous entrepreneurial power to our economy,"Pelosi said. "Imagine a society and an economy where a person could change jobs without losing health insurance, where they could be self-employed or start a small business. Imagine an economy where people could follow their passions or their talent and without having to worry that their children would not have health insurance."

Pelosi pledged the new legislation would create hundreds of thousands of jobs and save $1.2 trillion in the second 10 years.

"A jolt" my skinny white butt. "Shock" is more like it.

Only in her mind can spending trillions save money and create jobs.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2010, 11:25:45 PM »
And now they are off to solve illegal immigration! Taking all bets on the length of the amnesty bill they'll put together and how long it'll take 'em to ram it down our throats pass it.

November isn't going to hurt them nearly as much as everyone thinks it will. If they are voted out, they will be back in shortly, and nothing will be repealed.

[barf]

And we won't have a filibuster since Senator Grahamnesty will vote for that crap.

I knew this year would be bad. I should have quashed that glimmer of hope before I considered it.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2010, 11:27:34 PM »
Here's a quip from Pelosi:

"We all know, and it's been said over and over again, that our economy needs something, a jolt and I believe that this legislation will unleash tremendous entrepreneurial power to our economy,"Pelosi said. "Imagine a society and an economy where a person could change jobs without losing health insurance, where they could be self-employed or start a small business. Imagine an economy where people could follow their passions or their talent and without having to worry that their children would not have health insurance."

Pelosi pledged the new legislation would create hundreds of thousands of jobs and save $1.2 trillion in the second 10 years.

"A jolt" my skinny white butt. "Shock" is more like it.

Only in her mind can spending trillions save money and create jobs.
Don't worry, there's going to be a jolt alright.

However, jolting a heart that's already weak usually has a different effect than returning the patient to life...

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2010, 11:31:19 PM »
And we won't have a filibuster since Senator Grahamnesty will vote for that crap.

As a South Carolinian, I am all too familiar with that ahole. No need to remind me of his love of illegals and hatred for the people he is supposed to represent...

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2010, 11:51:48 PM »
It was a nice Republic while it lasted.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

dm1333

• friend
« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2010, 11:58:57 PM »
Stupak caved to the President and renounced his amendment, but Reps are trying to pass it anyway knowing that it would prevent Senate adoption and kill the bill. 

Having lived in Michigan I wonder if Stupak is retiring.  If not he is going to face a tough time in the next election.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/csm/20100321/ts_csm/289188_1

The stand of Stupak and his colleagues had every indication of an underlying principle more than mere political gain. “We stood strong,” said Stupak. “We stood on a principle.

Fjolnirsson

• friends
  • The Anti-Claus
« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2010, 12:59:44 AM »
Knowing what the Democrats are planning(rushed amnesty bill, allowing massive new Democrat registration of new citizens beholden to them), I see no choice but to break it. Break the machine, drain the money out, hasten our countries demise as quickly as possible. Anybody have any ideas?

I'd like to believe we could turn this around.  Given what we have seen play out, and what their clear intent is now, I just don't see it. Don't get me wrong, I am still going to vote, still going to push and work for new representatives, try and educate people. I just don't have much hope for any of it.
Hi.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2010, 02:23:13 AM »
So, what does this boondoggle do to the average working Joe?

Say a fella has health insurance from his employer right now, and makes $60K.

How much do his taxes go up?  What happens to his health care?

How does that change if he made $100K instead of $60K?

Just trying to plan to cope with this crap until it can be repealed... not endorsing it by any means. [barf]
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!