Author Topic: Low Earth Orbit is Gonna Get Crowded  (Read 290 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Low Earth Orbit is Gonna Get Crowded
« on: May 10, 2021, 08:55:42 AM »
China is supposedly creating their own version of Starlink. If a couple more countries do the same thing, it's gonna be a traffic jam up there.

https://www.scmp.com/tech/policy/article/3132709/chinas-new-bid-take-elon-musks-starlink-state-owned-satellite
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: Low Earth Orbit is Gonna Get Crowded
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2021, 08:59:12 AM »
I also expect the Chinese to roll out a copy of Falcon 9 before too long.

Above article starts out with a SJW triggering picture of Musk
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
Re: Low Earth Orbit is Gonna Get Crowded
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2021, 09:14:02 AM »
I expect that picture was chosen deliberately by the South China Morning Post to stir up trouble.  That's despite its bogus symbology. 
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.