Author Topic: Who Are The 20 Allegedly Most Corrupt Members Of Congress?  (Read 1910 times)

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
Who Are The 20 Allegedly Most Corrupt Members Of Congress?
« on: September 13, 2012, 01:15:13 PM »
Article:
http://img.ibtimes.com/www/articles/20120913/383895_20-corrupt-members-congress.htm

Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington Report:
http://tinyurl.com/9p5krfk

"There was no shortage of candidates for CREW's list this year, and 11 of the 20 members are joining it for the first time," the report stated. "In addition, one member, Rep. David Rivera (R-Fla.), has been under investigation by no fewer than six separate authorities - quite the rap sheet for a freshman."
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
Re: Who Are The 20 Allegedly Most Corrupt Members Of Congress?
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2012, 01:22:04 PM »
Holy Schnikey!

Ron Paul is #18 on the list.

Ron Paul (R-Texas)

The Texas rep made the list because of allegedly “improperly seeking double reimbursements for travel expenses.” Paul’s spokesman has told the media that unintentional errors may have caused this but “absolutely zero taxpayer funds were ever misused.”

I counted D's and R's.  Only 8 D's.  I'm surprised.

Interesting backstory on CREW:

http://activistcash.com/citizens_for_responsibility_and_ethics_in_washington_CREW/study.htm

Strong left-wing bias.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2012, 01:34:17 PM »
Holy Schnikey!

http://activistcash.com/citizens_for_responsibility_and_ethics_in_washington_CREW/study.htm

Strong left-wing bias.

Cool thanks for digging up the link on CREW.  Puts the report in perspective.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2012, 01:34:32 PM »
Holy Schnikey!

Strong left-wing bias.

Yeah, reminds me of this: Lawrence O'Donnell responds to AP's claim that Ron Paul fly's first class at tax payers cost

If the worst they can dig up on him is "zomg he abused travel vouchers!" I'm suspicious. Ratchet that up a notch since it'd been tried before and debunked pretty hard. I smell me some bias, and it be stinky. Example: Where the hell is Rangel on the list? True, I've got a personal grudge about the travesty that was the Hughes amendment, but my God, that was even caught on video. And of course 2 years ago he was actually censured by the House ethics committee. But not even so much as a "dishonorable mention."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2012, 01:38:03 PM »
Example: Where the hell is Rangel on the list? True, I've got a personal grudge about the travesty that was the Hughes amendment, but my God, that was even caught on video. And of course 2 years ago he was actually censured by the House ethics committee. But not even so much as a "dishonorable mention."

Yep. That right there tells you all you need to know about the integrity of this list.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

grampster

• friend
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2012, 03:06:34 PM »

"Strong left-wing bias."

Now why was I thinking that before I read your post?  [popcorn]
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2012, 03:13:49 PM »

"Strong left-wing bias."

Now why was I thinking that before I read your post?  [popcorn]

You think I'm a lefty?

I was a Republican Precinct Committeeman for the last 2 years, volunteered extensively with the Paul campaign here in PHX, attended the Maricopa County Convention.

I gave up on the State convention after seeing the jerry-rigging done on the part of the Romney-ite Statist arseholes, which was also blatently obvious at the RNC.

I'm torn as to what to do about the GOP here in the next year.  Seriously considering just de-registering as R on my voter reg and being independent or libertarian.  I won't support a GOP that refuses to adhere to its own rules.

I am anti-Statist of all colors.  Blue or Red.

What about your strong bonafides in the Grand Old Party, grampster?  Can you out-Republican me?  Are you more "left?"
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2012, 03:18:15 PM »
You think I'm a lefty?

Not to speak for Grampster, but I'm pretty sure he meant the article would likely have a left-wing bias, not that you're left wing.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2012, 03:20:54 PM »
Not to speak for Grampster, but I'm pretty sure he meant the article would likely have a left-wing bias, not that you're left wing.

yea  i think i could visualize az in a dress before i could see him as a lefty   now wheres that eye bleach
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2012, 08:22:30 PM »
It really frosts my arse to see that the results of these investigations result in nothing.

If the investigation and penalties are a joke, and the process is a joke, and no bells are rung loudly, then there will be no changes.
Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher

The Almighty tells me He can get me out of this mess, but He’s pretty sure you’re f**ked! - Stephen

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2012, 10:23:04 PM »
Strong Turbo nuclear left-wing bias.

FTFY
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

slingshot

• friend
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2012, 11:52:24 AM »
It really frosts my arse to see that the results of these investigations result in nothing.

If the investigation and penalties are a joke, and the process is a joke, and no bells are rung loudly, then there will be no changes.

Now there is truth!
It shall be as it was in the past... Not with dreams, but with strength and with courage... Shall a nation be molded to last. (The Plainsman, 1936)

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2012, 01:33:34 PM »

I think part of the reason these groups get funded is to create so much noise in all directions that voters are less likely to get upset when the real stuff hits the news.  Also, Democrats can point to stuff like this when they get accused of it.  Hell, anyone that tells you "both sides do it" is likely having their view affected by this stuff.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge