Author Topic: White, “Christian” and Treasonous: Who Will They Kill?  (Read 3083 times)

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

zxcvbob

• friend
"It's good, though..."

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
Re: White, “Christian” and Treasonous: Who Will They Kill?
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2013, 05:45:12 PM »
Interesting, when those on the "other side" publicly acknowledge they think "it's coming" too.

I think that it should be taken with a grain of salt though. Seems clear it's about holding the attention of his hand-wringing base.
I promise not to duck.

Jocassee

• Buster Scruggs Respecter
  • friends
  • "First time?"
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2013, 05:47:34 PM »
What a disgrace to his family name.

Yeah Frankie fell a little far from the tree.
I shall not die alone, alone, but kin to all the powers,
As merry as the ancient sun and fighting like the flowers.

lee n. field

• friend
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2013, 05:52:25 PM »

Daddy issues, to the max.

I remember seeing a short documentary (2 half hour segments), sometime this decade, on Francis Schaeffer's life and work.  It didn't occur to me until later, but it didn't mention his son, just his wife and daughters.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2013, 06:29:31 PM »
My favorite part is how his evidence of extremism consists almost entirely of perfectly reasonable statements, many of which are not about guns. And, of course, none of the quotations mention race.  :laugh:
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Waitone

• friend
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2013, 08:00:22 PM »
So Franky makes a living in Hollywood.  Why am I not surprised he's effectively abandoned his birthright. 

His screed is formulaic and exhibits little of the rational thought his father no doubt taught him.

Sad
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2013, 08:06:13 PM »

Last I heard, he had joined up with the autocratic Eastern Orthodox church.  =|

They probably don't want lay people / peasants having guns either.

That's sorta ironic.  I used to know a nice lady who had spent some time at "La Bree" or however they spelled it.  That cult also went Orthodox (not sure if it's the same flavor - apparently there is more than one that is "orthodox"  ;/ ).
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2013, 08:29:33 PM »
Last I heard, he had joined up with the autocratic Eastern Orthodox church.  =|

That's sorta ironic.  I used to know a nice lady who had spent some time at "La Bree" or however they spelled it.  That cult also went Orthodox (not sure if it's the same flavor - apparently there is more than one that is "orthodox"  ;/ ).

L'Abri.  There's one about a mile or two from my house.  I went to a lecture there about 10 or so years ago; they were conservative Protestant intellectuals at the time.  Don't know what they are now, I should ask around.
"It's good, though..."

dm1333

• friend
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2013, 09:26:11 PM »
Last I heard, he had joined up with the autocratic Eastern Orthodox church. 

TP, can you explain this a little more?  I'm "Eastern Orthodox", technically speaking, and I've never heard a word uttered about anything like this.  I'm curious.  The nearest Eastern Orthodox or Russian Orthodox church is a 3.5 hour drive away from me so I haven't attended a mass in a while.

lee n. field

• friend
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2013, 09:35:15 PM »
Last I heard, he had joined up with the autocratic Eastern Orthodox church.  =|

Yup.  And I wouldn't be surprised if he went elsewhere eventually, or abandoned Christianity altogether.  He's not a man at peace.  
« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 10:41:55 PM by lee n. field »

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

brimic

• friends
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2013, 01:10:03 AM »
These delusional paranoid white (mostly) southern Americans are a vocal minority, and they have extreme fears — gun confiscation, civil instability, a tyrannical government, a “takeover” of the US by the UN and that Obama is a communist.

*Snort* Fears? LOL. More like ambition to guard against everything on that list.Why are we not afraid? Because we have all the guns, and we are buying up all of the guns that we don't have so effete leftists can't get them.>:D
« Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 01:13:47 AM by brimic »
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2013, 09:47:40 AM »
Francis Schaeffer's first three books were really enjoyable to me when I read them back in the eighties. I reread them last year and found they've held up well.

His son Franky is full of so much hate it is kind of sad. He is nowhere near the level of writer nor thinker his father was. At least Buckley's son who went off the reservation became a good writer.

Franky seems to be making a living peddling vitriol and doing the very thing he accuses the Christian right of doing. Spreading disinformation and hatred.  

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2013, 03:51:56 PM »
L'Abri.  There's one about a mile or two from my house.  I went to a lecture there about 10 or so years ago; they were conservative Protestant intellectuals at the time.  Don't know what they are now, I should ask around.

Robin was at the original L'Abri in Switzerland, I think it was.  She actually showed me a picture of her in a group in a book about the place.

TP, can you explain this a little more?  I'm "Eastern Orthodox", technically speaking, and I've never heard a word uttered about anything like this.  I'm curious.  The nearest Eastern Orthodox or Russian Orthodox church is a 3.5 hour drive away from me so I haven't attended a mass in a while.

The people that I was connected with were very authoritarian.  They called themselves "evangelical orthodox" at the time.  They used to tell people where they could/should work, where they could live, and who or if they should marry.

They never particularly had any issue with guns way back then.  But it seems to be the general practice of power hungry organizations to want to keep their members/subjects helpless.
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2013, 04:00:22 PM »
Huh, I live in Seattle and my wife is Mexican, guess my "racist Southern" street cred is gone aside from not wanting victim disarmament.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Zardozimo Oprah Bannedalas

• Webley Juggler
  • friend
  • All I got is a fistful of shekels
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2013, 10:30:35 PM »
As the Southern Poverty Law Center notes
When was the last time the SPLC had any shred of credibility in the eyes of sane people? Hell, recently they've decided that pickup artists are the antichrist.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2013, 11:25:58 PM »
Huh, I live in Seattle and my wife is Mexican, guess my "racist Southern" street cred is gone aside from not wanting victim disarmament.

I guess you're a self-loathing Yankee.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2013, 02:15:45 AM »
These delusional paranoid white (mostly) southern Americans journalists" are a vocal minority, and they have extreme fears desires — gun confiscation, civil instability, a tyrannical government, a “takeover” of the US by the UN and that Obama is a communist.

FTFY

I can't help but thinking that if us gun owners were as paranoid and bloodthirsty as the left like to portray us there wouldn't be nearly as many of them left to flap their lips.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2013, 08:27:05 AM »
FTFY

I can't help but thinking that if us gun owners were as paranoid and bloodthirsty as the left like to portray us there wouldn't be nearly as many of them left to flap their lips.

Yup.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alan_Berg

lee n. field

• friend
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2013, 02:30:11 PM »
From the deep dark sludgy bottom of the blog comments, "Steve X" weighs in:

“I think that sooner than later an individual or individuals are going to take this paranoid delusional call to arms seriously and kill one or more of our elected leaders.” Uh…it already has been attempted. I’m sure the Honey Boo Boo Gun Owners’ Club has forgotten about Gabrielle Giffords, but I sure haven’t.

"SteveX" has more to say, but nothing more worth saying.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2013, 03:18:01 PM »
 [tinfoil]  An elected official getting killed by an irate gun owner is probably what they are hoping for; why else start poking at this bee hive with such enthusiasm?  [tinfoil]
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2013, 03:31:01 PM »
An elected official getting killed by an irate gun owner is probably what they are hoping for; why else start poking at this bee hive with such enthusiasm?

You betcha.
I have a feeling that this administration is itching for a fight- they are playing a very dangerous game of chicken with 1/2 of the country.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

red headed stranger

• friend
« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2013, 04:01:07 PM »
You betcha.
I have a feeling that this administration is itching for a fight- they are playing a very dangerous game of chicken with 1/2 of the country.

I have had this thought too.  The nasty rhetoric has been particularly ramped up, and this, coupled with the whole gun owner map event, makes me feel like they are trying to elicit Yeageresque responses (or worse). 
Those who learn from history are doomed to watch others repeat it