Author Topic: Usain Bolt Owned the 100M Finals  (Read 980 times)

GigaBuist

• friends
    • http://www.justinbuist.org/blog/
Usain Bolt Owned the 100M Finals
« on: August 17, 2008, 07:42:50 PM »
Youtube video here:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_w4qN3o-nA

I'm linking to a non-American source because it's unlikely that they'll try and take it down.  Any footage capcutured off an NBC feed has a lifespan of about 20 minutes on Youtube.

Anyway, I'm a day late on this one, but W.T.F!  This dude is off the freaking chain.

I watched the NBC coverage of the event and they replayed it nice and slow-like after the fact with a camera on Usain's face.  You could see his eyes darting to his right after the 50 meter mark a couple of times.  At around 80 meters he actually turned his entire head to verify that the previous world record holder, another Jamacian, wasn't actually in sight anymore.  He then began his premature celebration.  It's hard to catch in the Youtube video but he actually thumped his chest before he even hit the finish line.

The commentator on NBC remarked that if he hadn't been a show-off he'd have probably hit 9.59 instead of 9.69 on this run.  Which, for the folks not following Olympic coverage, was a time that beat his own previous world record.

The goofy thing about this guy is that he's a 200m runner.  I guess he practically begged his coach to let him run the 100m at the Jamaican trials which is where he set the world record of 9.72, in the 2nd 100m race he ever ran.

The dude just coasted into a new world record at 9.69, and it's quite obvious that he'll set another world record whenever he sees fit.

Iain

• friend
Re: Usain Bolt Owned the 100M Finals
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2008, 09:11:30 PM »
Apparently his coach thinks he is more of a 400m runner, or will be.

Don't think anyone has ever done the 100/200/400 treble. 2012 could be very interesting.
I do not like, when with me play, and I think that you also

DJJ

• friend
Re: Usain Bolt Owned the 100M Finals
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2008, 04:19:40 AM »
Usain Bolt? Yes, yes he does.  cheesy

This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by a third party.