Author Topic: Global Warming  (Read 1635 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
Global Warming
« on: July 06, 2017, 10:12:48 AM »
The new news is that global warming ... doesn't exist.

http://dailycaller.com/2017/07/05/exclusive-study-finds-temperature-adjustments-account-for-nearly-all-of-the-warming-in-climate-data/

A new report claims that ALL the warming is attributable to "adjustments" to the raw data.

What a surprise!
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
Re: Global Warming
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2017, 11:28:57 AM »
 :facepalm:  All this time I thought it was ... "settled science."     [tinfoil]

;/ 
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2017, 12:18:13 PM »
Environmental activists and climate scientists largely panned the idea, with some even arguing it would be “dangerous” to elevate minority scientific opinions.

“Such calls for special teams of investigators are not about honest scientific debate,” wrote climate scientist Ben Santer and Kerry Emanuel and historian and activist Naomi Oreskes.

“They are dangerous attempts to elevate the status of minority opinions, and to undercut the legitimacy, objectivity and transparency of existing climate science,” the three wrote in a recent Washington Post op-ed.
So it really isn't about the science.  It is about the popularity contest. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2017, 12:29:15 PM »
http://thefederalist.com/2017/07/06/leading-climate-scientist-science-debate-un-american/

Scott Pruitt appears ready to move forward with a “red-team, blue-team” exercise, where two groups of scientists publicly challenge each other’s evidence on manmade climate change. The idea was floated during a Congressional hearing last spring and outlined in a Wall Street Journal op-ed by Steve Koonin, former undersecretary of energy in the Obama administration. Koonin said the public is unaware of the intense debate in climate science and how “consensus statements necessarily conceal judgment calls and debates and so feed the “settled,” “hoax” and “don’t know” memes that plague the political dialogue around climate change.”
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

HankB

• friend
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2017, 12:55:50 PM »
"They are dangerous attempts to elevate the status of minority opinions, and to undercut the legitimacy, objectivity and transparency of existing climate science,” the three wrote in a recent Washington Post op-ed. "They are dangerous attempts to elevate the status of minority opinions, and to undercut the legitimacy, objectivity and transparency of existing climate science,” the three wrote in a recent Washington Post op-ed.

In other words:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T505YksOJb8

Unless you take some absurdly ridiculous example, when someone says things shouldn't be questioned or debated . . . that's usually an indication that something NEEDS to be questioned and MUST be debated.

And when "data adjustments" become routine . . . everyone's mental alarm bells ought to start going off.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2017, 01:24:35 PM »

And when "data adjustments" become routine . . . everyone's mental alarm bells ought to start going off.

And they make fun of Trump for "alternate facts." I always thought that data represented facts. Once you "adjust" data, you no longer have data -- you then have fiction.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2017, 03:05:05 PM »
...."opinions"....

Playing with a quote --a parallel situation in scientific theory...

Experienced scientists who supported the climate warming theory attempted to respond to the challenges suggested by the newer scientists. In doing so, the global warming climate theory became more complicated and assumed too much, contributing to the overall demise of the theory.

Many people tried to remodel their theories on climate in order to have them work with what opponents were seeing over the long term. Climate warming theorists reworded their theories many times, and even though they said to have thought the theory of global warming  was doomed, they stood by it and tried to make it work.

Ah, but the original text on the Phlogiston Theory of Burning reads:

Experienced chemists who supported Stahl's phlogiston theory attempted to respond to the challenges suggested by Lavoisier and the newer chemists. In doing so, phlogiston theory became more complicated and assumed too much, contributing to the overall demise of the theory.[16]

Many people tried to remodel their theories on phlogiston in order to have the theory work with what Lavoisier was doing in his experiments. Pierre Macquer reworded his theory many times, and even though he is said to have thought the theory of phlogiston was doomed, he stood by phlogiston and tried to make it work.[19]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phlogiston_theory

See "Challenge and demise":
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phlogiston_theory#Challenge_and_demise

Need I point out the parallels?

...."opinions"....

Terry
« Last Edit: July 06, 2017, 05:34:11 PM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2017, 05:08:54 PM »
^  Yes.... "opinions."

(Bumped because I somehow didn't include the rest of the intended post somehow.)
« Last Edit: July 06, 2017, 05:36:31 PM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2017, 07:41:59 PM »
And they make fun of Trump for "alternate facts." I always thought that data represented facts. Once you "adjust" data, you no longer have data -- you then have fiction.

And I still want to know what is wrong with having alternate facts.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Kingcreek

• friend
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2017, 10:23:41 PM »
Does this mean al gore has to return all that money he made on the carbon exchange?
And didn't he gat a Nobel prize too?
What we have here is failure to communicate.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2017, 09:05:13 AM »
Does this mean al gore has to return all that money he made on the carbon exchange?
And didn't he gat a Nobel prize too?
I think he got the Nobel prize for plagiarizing scenes from a Hollywood movie to make his own global warming video . . .
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain