Author Topic: FiveFingers Maker Will Pay Millions To Suckers Who Bought Its Shoes  (Read 8834 times)

wmenorr67

• friend
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Re:
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2014, 07:46:12 PM »
They are great boat/canoe shoes

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
Re:
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2014, 08:05:17 PM »

So are an $8 pair of canvas sneakers  :lol:
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

freakazoid

• friend
Friend had a pair. Tried them on when we were moored in Hawaii for a while and they were great.
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
Re:
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2014, 08:40:24 PM »

Best river shoes ever were a pair that I don't know where they came from, how much they cost or what they are called.
My teva's snaped on the James through Richmond and the raft guide let me borrow his shoes. They were ankle high booties with little suction cups on the bottoms. The suction cups wern't all that strong, but it really made for secure footing on wet boulders and such.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
My buddy who is a runner uses them for beach running, says he'd never dream of running them on anything but sand.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Jocassee

• Buster Scruggs Respecter
  • friends
  • "First time?"
My buddy who is a runner uses them for beach running, says he'd never dream of running them on anything but sand.

Sand makes perfect sense with those.
I shall not die alone, alone, but kin to all the powers,
As merry as the ancient sun and fighting like the flowers.

SteveS

• The Voice of Reason
  • friends
Re:
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2014, 09:28:00 PM »

I agree.  I think they are fairly comfortable.  As for snake oil, they are probably no worse than any of a variety of over-hyped shoes that have come out since the early 1980's.
Profanity is the linguistic crutch of the inarticulate mother****er.

brimic

• friends
Re: FiveFingers Maker Will Pay Millions To Suckers Who Bought Its Shoes
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2014, 09:43:59 PM »
I have a pair and like them. They aren't made for running on concrete-people aren't made for running on concrete either .
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2014, 09:45:06 PM »
I have a pair and like them. They aren't made for running on concrete-people aren't made for running on concrete either .

Which is what modern running shoes solves.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

brimic

• friends
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2014, 09:48:32 PM »
Which is what modern running shoes solves.
Exactly :cool:

Barack Obama

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2014, 09:54:12 PM »
Flying Five Finger One Armed Eight Pole Shaolin Exploding Death Touch Thursdays  On El Rey network!
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2014, 10:36:51 PM »
If I want to go barefoot, I go barefoot.

If I want to wear shoes, I wear shoes.

;)
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2014, 11:10:27 PM »
If I want to go barefoot, I go barefoot.

If I want to wear shoes, I wear shoes.

;)

And if you want to wear a feather boa and a monocle?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2014, 11:20:37 PM »
I always had the same reaction to those as I did to the socks that were a fad when I was a teenager.
Isn't it uncomfortable to have material between your toes? It's one thing for flip flops, but the thought of having a seam and cloth between my other toes just makes my toes feel itchy thinking about it.

I keep meaning to get a pair of those minimalist running shoes. Not for running, but they look comfy. But I don't want the finger toe thingys. I honestly can't imagine running in them. It's one thing to land on a rock or other odd spot on the ground in light soled footwear when you're walking, but running? Owchyyy!
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2014, 02:09:29 AM »
I always had the same reaction to those as I did to the socks that were a fad when I was a teenager.
Isn't it uncomfortable to have material between your toes? It's one thing for flip flops, but the thought of having a seam and cloth between my other toes just makes my toes feel itchy thinking about it.

I keep meaning to get a pair of those minimalist running shoes. Not for running, but they look comfy. But I don't want the finger toe thingys. I honestly can't imagine running in them. It's one thing to land on a rock or other odd spot on the ground in light soled footwear when you're walking, but running? Owchyyy!

It will drive me freaking crazy if my sock crunches up between my toes or when I have a hole in my sock it my toe sticks out in my shoes, but it didn't bother me at all with these shoes.
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2014, 02:28:37 AM »
Pretty cool deal. Buy new-fangled, untested, misrepresented shoe gadgets, ruin your feet for the rest of your life ... and the company refunds you the price of the shoes.

Gotta love class-action lawsuits.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

dm1333

• friend
« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2014, 05:46:53 AM »
Pretty cool deal. Buy new-fangled, untested, misrepresented shoe gadgets, ruin your feet for the rest of your life ... and the company refunds you the price of the shoes.

Gotta love class-action lawsuits.

I could say the same thing about every over padded, over cushioned running shoe I wore from the age of 19 to 46.  Stress fractures and shin splints were all I got out of them.  How is it I've been injury free for the last three years?

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2014, 06:54:40 AM »
I could say the same thing about every over padded, over cushioned running shoe I wore from the age of 19 to 46.  Stress fractures and shin splints were all I got out of them.  How is it I've been injury free for the last three years?

You quit running.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

brimic

• friends
« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2014, 09:17:43 AM »
I've noticed this trend a lot recently- everyone is a victim, and there is a product liability lawyer behind every blade of grass.
What's the latin term for 'seller beware?'

Barack Obama

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2014, 09:42:22 AM »
I've noticed this trend a lot recently- everyone is a victim, and there is a product liability lawyer behind every blade of grass.
What's the latin term for 'seller beware?'

Caveat venditor. (And it is a saying just like caveat emptor)
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2014, 10:00:18 AM »
With the great success of the Vibram Five Finger line of footwear I hear they are launching a line of gloves called Vibram Five Toes.  :laugh:

If you are going to wear any minimalist footwear for running or any length of time you have to learn to change your gate. No more heal striking; you must walk on the balls of your feet.

A few years ago I picked up some Merrel Trail Gloves. They look more like traditional footwear but have a neutral footbed (no heel lift) with no real cushion.   

They are pretty much used as my camp shoes and going to the gym shoes when I lift or go to yoga. I don't run or walk in them for any distance or length of time. In camp they are especially nice after hauling a pack wearing boots all day.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2014, 10:04:31 AM »
Caveat venditor. (And it is a saying just like caveat emptor)
So that is a thing then?

Barack Obama