Author Topic: FiveFingers Maker Will Pay Millions To Suckers Who Bought Its Shoes  (Read 8833 times)

fifth_column

• friend
Re: FiveFingers Maker Will Pay Millions To Suckers Who Bought Its Shoes
« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2014, 10:30:47 AM »
I find FiveFingers extremely comfortable.  My ex-wife did not. 

Apparently different people have different reactions to the shoes.

Go figure . . .

And what Ron said about changing running gate is right on.  Technique, or lack thereof, is the main cause of running-related injuries.  IMO
Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will... The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress. ― Frederick Douglass

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people.  -  Catherine Engelbrecht

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
Re:
« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2014, 12:23:20 PM »
So are an $8 pair of canvas sneakers  :lol:

I like my Keens for canoeing, but I do a lot of portaging, so I need something a bit more supportive than canvas shoes or toe shoes.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

dm1333

• friend
« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2014, 01:05:22 PM »
You quit running.

Ha!  No, I actually run more now than I was 10 or 15 years ago.  I run in New Balance Minimus shoes.  They make a fore foot landing pretty much mandatory and I haven't had any leg problems since I changed the way I run. 

I'm starting a class action suit against Bill Bowerman and Phil Knight.  Physical pain, emotional stress, extra weight because of the injuries and stress caused by the modern running shoe.  They got money and I got's to get paid!

brimic

• friends
« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2014, 01:15:35 PM »
Ha!  No, I actually run more now than I was 10 or 15 years ago.  I run in New Balance Minimus shoes.  They make a fore foot landing pretty much mandatory and I haven't had any leg problems since I changed the way I run. 

I'm starting a class action suit against Bill Bowerman and Phil Knight.  Physical pain, emotional stress, extra weight because of the injuries and stress caused by the modern running shoe.  They got money and I got's to get paid!

I know right?
The Air Jordan's I had in H.S. didn't add 1' to my vertical jump allowing me to dunk, become an all-star player, and make it to the pros. I expect a check for around $100 million to compensate for my lost wages.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2014, 01:20:59 PM »
I know right?
The Air Jordan's I had in H.S. didn't add 1' to my vertical jump allowing me to dunk, become an all-star player, and make it to the pros. I expect a check for around $100 million to compensate for my lost wages.

You should have gotten some PF Flyersâ„¢. They make you "run faster and jump higher!"

eta: I just Googled them and and they still make them! I doubt they make the same claims though
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

Strings

• APS Pimp
  • friend
« Reply #30 on: May 09, 2014, 07:48:36 PM »
I like my Vibrams. Although it is a bit of an adjustment (and there was an instruction booklet with the shoes that reccomend that very thing)
No Child Should Live In Fear

What was that about a pearl handled revolver and someone from New Orleans again?

Screw it: just autoclave the planet (thanks Birdman)

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
  • From the saner side of Las Vegas
« Reply #31 on: May 11, 2014, 02:38:15 PM »
Y'all are just falling for Madison Avenue hype.  There have been no real running shoe advancements since Red Ball Jets!   ;/
Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
for a lead role in a cage?
-P.F.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #32 on: May 11, 2014, 03:42:46 PM »
Good ole high top Converse. When you were a kid and got that new pair of "back to school" shoes in the fall you really could run just a little faster and jump a little higher.  And get yelled at by mom when you got the dirty the first time.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #33 on: May 11, 2014, 04:00:52 PM »
I always had the same reaction to those as I did to the socks that were a fad when I was a teenager.
Isn't it uncomfortable to have material between your toes? It's one thing for flip flops, but the thought of having a seam and cloth between my other toes just makes my toes feel itchy thinking about it.

I keep meaning to get a pair of those minimalist running shoes. Not for running, but they look comfy. But I don't want the finger toe thingys. I honestly can't imagine running in them. It's one thing to land on a rock or other odd spot on the ground in light soled footwear when you're walking, but running? Owchyyy!
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B005K1P6G2/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?qid=1399838310&sr=1-2&pi=SY200_QL40
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

Bigjake

• friend
« Reply #35 on: May 11, 2014, 08:59:56 PM »
If I want to go barefoot, I go barefoot.

If I want to wear shoes, I wear shoes.

;)

When I drink whiskey, I drink whiskey; and when I drink water, I drink water.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #36 on: May 11, 2014, 09:36:11 PM »
That looks like it belongs in one of the levels of hell...

Sinners in the therapeutic socks of an angry God.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #37 on: May 11, 2014, 10:28:13 PM »
Y'all are just falling for Madison Avenue hype.  There have been no real running shoe advancements since Red Ball Jets!   ;/

Yeah, they were in competition with PF Flyersâ„¢!!!
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #38 on: May 11, 2014, 10:31:13 PM »
That looks like it belongs in one of the levels of hell...

ZOMG!!!!! That would be like having 5 holes in your socks!!!!111eleventy11!!!!!!!

Zardozimo Oprah Bannedalas

• Webley Juggler
  • friend
  • All I got is a fistful of shekels
« Reply #39 on: May 12, 2014, 08:01:08 AM »
Found the Vibrams mildly useful. My toes like to rub against each other and blister, the Vibrams help me avoid that. Comfy shoes, but damn ugly.
Also, concrete is for cars, not people.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #40 on: May 12, 2014, 10:35:22 AM »
When I drink whiskey, I drink whiskey; and when I drink water, I drink water.

The sun is that hot, and me mouth is that dry.
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Bigjake

• friend
« Reply #41 on: May 12, 2014, 10:14:06 PM »
I hope there's a bottle there, whoever it belongs to...