Author Topic: Interesting Lawsuit  (Read 875 times)

wmenorr67

• friend
Interesting Lawsuit
« on: February 03, 2016, 05:22:28 PM »
http://www.kctv5.com/story/31128837/prisoner-suing-munford-powerball-winners-claims-money-belongs-to-him

Prisoner suing Powerball winners claiming he supplied $20 to buy the tickets and that the daughter was to become his Muslim wife.

Link to his filing.

http://ftpcontent4.worldnow.com/wmctv/munfordlawsuit.pdf
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
Re: Interesting Lawsuit
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2016, 05:36:17 PM »
What?  No request to be allowed to file in pauperus?

stay safe.

PS - I'd love for a judge to give him a nunc pro tunc order for a permanent change of name.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

41magsnub

• friend
  • Don't make me assume my ultimate form!
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2016, 05:39:14 PM »
Wonder if a suitable punishment for nuisance suits like that is permanent revocation of commissary, any funds he may get are sent to the folks he sued for their legal bills.  Trivial amount of money, but would be painful to the prisoner.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2016, 05:39:34 PM »
The article said it was hand written.  I didn't notice it said it was on papyrus.  
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2016, 05:40:39 PM »
So assuming there is no valid claim here, what do the defendants have to do to make this go away?  Can they get an injunction from further harassment?
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2016, 07:58:24 PM »
If nothing else,  they defendants can afford to make this creature go away (forever) when he finally gets out. 
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2016, 01:51:02 AM »
If nothing else,  they defendants can afford to make this creature go away (forever) when he finally gets out. 

But he's already out.  And homeless.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

AmbulanceDriver

• Junior Rocketeer
  • friends
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2016, 02:51:20 AM »
I especially liked the part where he wants a "full congressional investigation"......

What a moron.
Are you a cook, or a RIFLEMAN?  Find out at Appleseed!

http://www.appleseedinfo.org

"For some many people, attempting to process a logical line of thought brings up the blue screen of death." -Blakenzy

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2016, 07:20:40 AM »
Apparently a pretty common thing for lottery winners to be sued on extremely specious, or downright fraudulent, terms.

I remember one some years ago where a certified whackadoodle (technical medical term) sued a lottery winner based on their "psychic connection" or somesuch.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2016, 11:59:26 AM »
Screw fighting the lawsuit... set up a $1million trust for the kids of his cellmate, LeRoy, after LeRoy gets all stabby with schitz.  >:D
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama