Author Topic: It Is Natural Not To Hear The Wife  (Read 597 times)

wmenorr67

• friend
It Is Natural Not To Hear The Wife
« on: February 22, 2016, 12:56:12 PM »
http://www.foxnews.com/health/2016/02/20/weird-way-looking-at-your-phone-can-mess-with-your-hearing.html?intcmp=trending

So now you can tell the wife or others that you weren't ignoring them, you actually were deaf at the time.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

Jocassee

• Buster Scruggs Respecter
  • friends
  • "First time?"
Re: It Is Natural Not To Hear The Wife
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2016, 04:17:16 PM »
Somehow I doubt this is going to fly

Only thing that will be flying if I pull this is shoes

at my head.

I'm not signing this so nobody will know I posted it.
I shall not die alone, alone, but kin to all the powers,
As merry as the ancient sun and fighting like the flowers.

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
  • From the saner side of Las Vegas
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2016, 04:26:49 PM »
“The brain scans showed that people were not only ignoring or filtering out the sounds, they were not actually hearing them in the first place, ” study co-author Maria Chait, PhD, explained in a press release. These findings suggest that our vision and our hearing share limited resources in the brain, which is essentially forced to choose between processing info from our eyes or our ears.

Also, this is why I turn down the car radio if I'm doing something intensive behind the wheel.
Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
for a lead role in a cage?
-P.F.

grampster

• friend
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2016, 09:59:28 PM »
That is also why we turn down the radio when looking for a street sign or a particular address or building.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2016, 10:51:13 PM »
Did you say something?

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2016, 09:21:49 AM »

at my head.

Hey !   :police:

That's my line when I want to maintain anonymality.  Sheesh!  =D

Wife2 was a talker.  Before we started living together, she'd yak on the phone with me for an hour or more.  Every subject triggered another subject.  No "middle" to the conversations.  It was OK, it was all WRT mutual interests anyhow, but sometimes I had to sort of "force" an end to the discussion if I had something else to do.

After we started living together*, I developed the habit of mentally kind of recording what she was saying without actually listening to her, just responding with the usual "yes dear" kinds of responses while actually thinking of something else.

I don't know what you'd call that kind of multi-tasking skill, but it sure was handy.  I never got a "you're not listening to me" kind of kickback.

Terry

* We got married after a year of that.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2016, 09:40:30 AM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2016, 08:21:16 PM »

at my head.

I remember my grandfather. Old school Irish with the smell of peat still on him. Grandma would get too mouthy and he would say " shut up woman" and she would . No hysterics.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I