Author Topic: More "buy-back" follies  (Read 787 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
More "buy-back" follies
« on: February 05, 2019, 04:37:20 PM »
New Orleans, now under the management of sumbroad named "Latoya," decided it would fight gun violence by that fool-proof method known as a "gun buy-back." The TL/DR version is that they promised $500 per gun (or, apparently, $500 per person, when they realized their mistake), and ran out of money right away.

https://thehayride.com/2019/01/thanks-to-latoya-cantrell-the-city-of-new-orleans-has-created-the-easiest-profit-opportunity-ever/

http://www.fox8live.com/2019/01/21/new-orleans-gun-buy-back-cut-short-after-large-crowds-turn-out/

https://bearingarms.com/tom-k/2019/01/22/new-orleans-buyback-effort-marred-stupidity/?utm_source=badaily&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=nl&bcid=0d922e23fc446bb037316eeaab487254

:rofl: A glorious achievement, comrades!
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: More "buy-back" follies
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2019, 04:57:26 PM »
Wonder if house break ins shot through the roof in the neighborhood around the church?

This would be funny if it wasn't the tax payer's money being flushed down the toilet.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2019, 05:20:07 PM »

New Orleans, now under the management of sumbroad named "Latoya," ...

No, no, no. "LaToya," not "Latoya."

Doncha know nuttin'?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2019, 05:28:20 PM »
No, no, no. "LaToya," not "Latoya."

Doncha know nuttin'?

I did that purposefully. I am losing patience with the silly names and spellings people have to give their kids (or themselves) anymore.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2019, 05:29:55 PM »
Money to pay for the buy-backs came from the Edward Wisner Donation, a charitable trust established in 1914, according to the city’s website.

This explains it all, it wasn't her money or the city's money. Just doing what Democrats do best, wasting someone else's money.

bob

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2019, 05:31:05 PM »
This explains it all, it wasn't her money or the city's money. Just doing what Democrats do best, wasting someone else's money.

bob

Okay, I missed that part
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2019, 09:02:54 PM »
I did that purposefully. I am losing patience with the silly names and spellings people have to give their kids (or themselves) anymore.

I give as much effort to these retarded names as I do to any given tranny's pronoun psychosis.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2019, 10:44:22 PM »
That seems rather high for a "buy-back" price.
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2019, 09:02:57 AM »
Referring to a woman, no matter if you agree with them or not as "Sumbroad" is not being polite.

Making fun of someone's name due to their ethnicity/race is not polite either.

There are other websites out there more accepting of being less than polite.

Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536