Author Topic: Boxer wants Nationwide CCW Fed supported, modeled after CAs CCW  (Read 3509 times)

Battle Monkey of Zardoz

• friends
  • A more Elegant Monkey for a more civilized Forum.
Boy. If this did happen, what a Charlie Foxtrot it would be.  This woman is insane if she thinks this has half a chance of flying.

"
I believe we should look at sensible gun laws again. The kind of gun laws we have here in California that give people their gun ownership rights while also preventing the sale of guns to criminals, to people with serious mental illness and people who may abuse a spouse or partner,'' said Boxer, who traveled to Riverside from her home in Rancho Mirage.

http://m.examiner.com/exStLouis/pm_76634/contentdetail.htm;jsessionid=4BFB8E1A6B9F53131FED7D6B5A65B946?contentguid=gtI2vfOU
“We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.”

Abraham Lincoln

With the first link the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.

MechAg94

• friend
Re: Boxer wants Nationwide CCW Fed supported, modeled after CAs CCW
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2011, 07:19:57 PM »
I believe we should look at sensible gun laws again. The kind of gun laws we have here in California that give people their gun ownership rights while also preventing the sale of guns to criminals, to people with serious mental illness and people who may abuse a spouse or partner,'' said Boxer, who traveled to Riverside from her home in Rancho Mirage.
She might be insane if she thinks CA laws actually accomplish this more than other states.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

stevelyn

• friend
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2011, 07:42:54 PM »
For a group that wrongly believes that partisan politics were at fault for the shooting, they sure as hell seem intent on picking a fight rather than de-escalating.  :mad: :facepalm:
Be careful that the toes you step on now aren't connected to the ass you have to kiss later.

Eat Moose. Wear Wolf.

Battle Monkey of Zardoz

• friends
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2011, 08:37:06 PM »
I've been waiting for this to happen. If you can't ban guns, pass a nationwide CCW and regulate the *expletive deleted*it out of it.
“We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.”

Abraham Lincoln

With the first link the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2011, 09:06:07 PM »

"My husband can't beat me; he doesn't have a gun."
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2011, 09:07:34 PM »
"My husband can't beat me; he doesn't I have a gun."

FIFY
""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2011, 09:11:59 PM »
Hell yeah!

We are winning!

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2011, 09:25:50 PM »
Heh. Maybe I should clarify before somebody misunderstands me.  I think Boxer's law imposed over all the rest of the states would be a disaster, and I'd fight it tooth and nail if I thought it had any chance of passage.  

Stop and consider what it means.  

It's an obvious attempt to accede to nationwide CCW, just under terms that are more to her liking than what we're likely to push through on our own.

Boxer has essentially thrown in the towel on CCW.  She's sees CCW across the country as inevitable, and her only play to fight it is to try to get there first with a watered-down, weakened version.  She's trying to secure a really crappy version of nationwide Federal CCW rather than risking us implementing a real CCW policy.

We've just had a nationwide gun crime tragedy of the highest proportions, and what are the gun grabbers doing?  They're desperately trying to throw up any road block they can think of the prevent the spread of real CCW nationwide.  

=D
« Last Edit: January 18, 2011, 09:31:27 PM by Headless Thompson Gunner »

Zardozimo Oprah Bannedalas

• Webley Juggler
  • friend
  • All I got is a fistful of shekels
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2011, 09:31:48 PM »
She's trying to secure a really crappy version of nationwide Federal CCW rather than risking us implementing a real CCW policy.
Which is glorious. The Boxer coming out for CCW anywhere was previously unthinkable.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2011, 09:40:29 PM »

Stop and consider what it means.  

It's an obvious attempt to accede to nationwide CCW, just under terms that are more to her liking than what we're likely to push through on our own.

That's what I was thinking when I first read it. It's somewhat promising, yet also a glimpse of hard work ahead. What form of national CCW will eventually get passed? Certainly not CA style, which would be a win for my state and a few others, but a final version could be more restrictive than what a lot of states currently have.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Battle Monkey of Zardoz

• friends
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2011, 09:44:09 PM »
A national CCW program would be a disaster for 2A rights. Not no, but *expletive deleted*ck no!!!

I would not ever support a national CCW program. No way. The fedgov would screw it to us too the nth degree.

Abraham Lincoln

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2011, 09:49:20 PM »
That's what I was thinking when I first read it. It's somewhat promising, yet also a glimpse of hard work ahead. What form of national CCW will eventually get passed? Certainly not CA style, which would be a win for my state and a few others, but a final version could be more restrictive than what a lot of states currently have.
It could prove as simple as imposing national reciprocity.  Get an out of state Florida or Utah permit, and the Feds force every other state to recognize it as valid and legitimate anywhere.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2011, 09:54:53 PM »
That would be an awesome and simple way to do it.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2011, 10:48:31 PM »
It could prove as simple as imposing national reciprocity.  Get an out of state Florida or Utah permit, and the Feds force every other state to recognize it as valid and legitimate anywhere.

+ 100

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2011, 11:37:06 PM »

Full faith and credit? That's crazy talk!

AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

tyme

• expat
  • friend
  • Did you know that dolphins are just gay sharks?
    • TFL Library
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2011, 02:25:05 AM »
"Then let's talk crazy."
Support Range Voting.
End Software Patents

"Four people are dead.  There isn't time to talk to the police."  --Sherlock (BBC)

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2011, 10:52:45 AM »
Full faith and credit? That's crazy talk!

I keep waiting for a gay rights group to win on the full faith argument.  The NRA would be stupid to not ride that little piggy all the way home.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2011, 11:10:45 AM »
I keep waiting for a gay rights group to win on the full faith argument.  The NRA would be stupid to not ride that little piggy all the way home.

I have read about some efforts on that very issue, from the standpoint of states enacting their version of DOMA and recognizing gay marriages in those states that allow it.  I don't know what the current status is, though. 

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2011, 01:44:06 PM »
Boxer has essentially thrown in the towel on CCW.  She's sees CCW across the country as inevitable, and her only play to fight it is to try to get there first with a watered-down, weakened version.  She's trying to secure a really crappy version of nationwide Federal CCW rather than risking us implementing a real CCW policy.

That's exactly what happpened here locally in Milwaukee. Mayor Barrett and the Chief of the MPD were suddenly pointing out that CCW was not a "big problem" in the other states that had it, and were suggesting trying to package CCW (perhaps a sneaky may-issue variety) along with banning all private sales without an FFL/background check.

Starting late 2009, I think they saw the way the political winds were blowing, and fully expected what was to come in the 2010 election.

Which is funny, because it means that in a roundabout way, Barrett was predicting his own defeat at his run for Governor.  :laugh:
I promise not to duck.