Author Topic: Clinton Pulling Out of Ohio  (Read 3511 times)

MechAg94

• friend
Clinton Pulling Out of Ohio
« on: September 30, 2016, 08:09:42 PM »
http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/09/25/exclusive-breitbartgravis-polls-trump-takes-lead-colorado-maintains-lead-ohio/

The last few days I have heard that the Clinton campaign is pulling out of Ohio as they don't think they can win it.  This sounds like a huge deal to me and I heard Rush talking about it today.  He noted the link below where now some media are talking about how she will win without Ohio.  Just a couple months ago, they were talking about Trump losing Ohio.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/30/us/politics/ohio-campaign-trump-clinton.html?_r=0
Ohio, Long a Bellwether, Is Fading on the Electoral Map
http://www.cleveland.com/open/index.ssf/2016/09/why_hillary_clinton_could_win.html
Why Hillary Clinton could win the presidential race without Ohio

I guess it is another item in a list that is building justifying why I don't trust the media polls.  Have any of you heard similar stuff?
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Andiron

• friend
Re: Clinton Pulling Out of Ohio
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2016, 09:32:58 PM »
Good *expletive deleted*ing riddance.

I didn't (and don't) think my fellow buckeyes have it in them,  but if Ohio goes red,  more the better.

Never Clinton.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2016, 10:30:58 PM »
I'm thinking about how FUBAR the polls were concerning Trump during the primaries. Didn't we see results considerably different than the polls in quite a few of the primary elections?
I just don't have any faith in national polls coming anywhere close to reality.

One thing I am counting on is the post election legal challenges along with much wailing, gnashing of teeth rending of garments from the Clinton camp if Trump does pull off a win.
I think the show will make Gore V. Bush from 2000 look like flea on an elephants ass.

I'm due for my annual check-up, I think I'll see if my Dr. can up my blood pressure meds.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2016, 11:08:52 PM »
I ran across this link earlier but it is the only source that I can find so I'm not convinced this really happened.

http://christiantimesnewspaper.com/breaking-tens-of-thousands-of-fraudulent-clinton-votes-found-in-ohio-warehouse/

According to sources, Randall Prince, a Columbus-area electrical worker, was doing a routine check of his companies wiring and electrical systems when he stumbled across approximately one dozen black, sealed ballot boxes filled with thousands of Franklin County votes for Hillary Clinton and other Democrat candidates.

“No one really goes in this building.  It’s mainly used for short-term storage by a commercial plumber,” Prince said.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2016, 12:00:56 AM »
I ran across this link earlier but it is the only source that I can find so I'm not convinced this really happened.

http://christiantimesnewspaper.com/breaking-tens-of-thousands-of-fraudulent-clinton-votes-found-in-ohio-warehouse/

The Rubbermaid tubs with "BALLOT BOX" not even Photoshopped on with any sort of perspective has me not convinced this really happened.  :rofl:
I promise not to duck.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2016, 07:28:58 AM »
This is likely untrue.  In my opinion it is just more "whistling past the graveyard" by the Republican party.
Clinton is polling comfortably ahead of Trump in most indices, so I doubt she's falling behind in Ohio.  She might pull out if she were convinced that she had Ohio in the bag for November.  That would allow her to shift reserves to another more contested state where it could tip the balance in her favor.
As distasteful as it is, we need to get used to the reality of another President Clinton.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2016, 10:54:45 AM »
While I simply don't trust all the various polls in general, one point I do think is accurate, regardless of the poll, is the "Trump suppression vote". That's the term being used to account for people that will vote for Trump, but won't admit to anyone they're voting for Trump.

I think that's a real and significant number. No idea what it might be or how it might change in the next month. However, assuming a theoretically accurate poll in the 50/50 range, I'm thinking it's a large enough number that it would give it to Trump with a decent margin. If polling shows it as something like Clinton 49%, Trump 46%, I think closet Trump voters will put him over the top plus make progressive heads explode in a "he cheated!!!" kind of way.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2016, 12:15:23 PM »
This is likely untrue.  In my opinion it is just more "whistling past the graveyard" by the Republican party.
Clinton is polling comfortably ahead of Trump in most indices, so I doubt she's falling behind in Ohio.  She might pull out if she were convinced that she had Ohio in the bag for November.  That would allow her to shift reserves to another more contested state where it could tip the balance in her favor.
As distasteful as it is, we need to get used to the reality of another President Clinton.

I've been trying to do that .... still not sure that if Hillary is elected, insanity will not commence.
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2016, 05:40:37 PM »
Ben, while I agree there is a "Trump suppression vote", it will be easily surpassed by leftist voter fraud.  I believe those numbers will be far larger than any hidden Trump votes.  My gut tells me that 4-6% of Democrat votes will be fraudulent this year. They have that down to a science.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2016, 02:37:39 PM »

Where are you seeing this?  That was true about the polls a while back, but the polls I have heard about over the last month have been moving Trump's way and I have been hearing talk about Trump winning or gaining in electoral count.  Compared to a few months ago, things have shifted a lot. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

brimic

• friends
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2016, 02:42:04 PM »
Are we talking about bill, and is 'Ohio' a stripper's name?
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2016, 05:20:38 PM »
Mech, take a look at the listing at RealClearPolitics.  Their latest update shows HRC ahead in all polls they track save for two.  One shows a tie, and one shows Trump ahead. A lot of the damage is post debate.
I think Trump is toast.

grampster

• friend
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2016, 05:26:56 PM »
Brimic beat me to it. :P
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2016, 06:12:01 PM »
Okay, I see where you are coming from.  I am not sure how much of that is post debate as that stuff usually takes 3 or 4 days and little of that is recent.  We will see how it all shakes out.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2016, 12:34:00 AM »
Mech, take a look at the listing at RealClearPolitics.  Their latest update shows HRC ahead in all polls they track save for two.  One shows a tie, and one shows Trump ahead. A lot of the damage is post debate.
I think Trump is toast.

As you point out, this is a recent change, probably due to recent events. There will be more debates, and more events. Trump's been written off a few times, only to come back.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife