Author Topic: Democrats Are APPALLED by Stock Market Rally  (Read 2625 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Democrats Are APPALLED by Stock Market Rally
« on: November 19, 2016, 11:22:57 AM »
O.M.G.

I'm watching Bulls and Bears on Fox right now, and they just played a clip of Maxine Waters on the House floor. She was going apeshit about the Wall Street Rally after Trump won and how it was a sign of all the criminal activity of the big corporations on Wall Street.

Where the hell was she when everyone was talking about how Clinton would keep the market up or raise it, and how Trump would tank the market? Did she miss the 800+ point drop in the futures on election night when Trump was winning?

I realize people will tell me, "what did you expect?", but it just continuously amazes me. I consciously brace myself to take in these peoples' lies, and they still end up surprising me with even stupider stuff. Worse, that their moron constituents take them at their word.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Northwoods

• friend
  • Formerly sumpnz
Re: Democrats Are APPALLED by Stock Market Rally
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2016, 11:59:22 AM »
What did you expect?
Formerly sumpnz

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2016, 12:08:44 PM »
What did you expect?
It just continuously amazes me.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2016, 12:12:01 PM »
You realize it didn't matter whether the stock market went up or down or just yawned?  Any outcome would piss them off and confirm how right they were all along.   [barf]
"It's good, though..."

griz

• friend
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2016, 01:06:38 PM »
You realize it didn't matter whether the stock market went up or down or just yawned?  Any outcome would piss them off and confirm how right they were all along.   [barf]

Exactly that.  If you start with a conviction that republicans and free markets are evil, then any outcome will be viewed through that lens and you will conclude that any republican (even a recent convert) and any market change (up or down) is a sign of Armageddon.
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2016, 01:17:20 PM »

Also: it's Maxine Waters.  She makes Barbara Boxer look like a rocket scientist.
""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2016, 01:32:44 PM »
I would be happier if my long-term Government Treasuries fund had not lost about $ 60,000 over the past week.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2016, 07:37:44 AM »
Isn't Maxine Waters the one who went apeshit in Congress in 2000 when it was time to certify the results of the election?

To the point where Al Gore mildly chastised her?
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2016, 08:27:03 AM »
Trump isn't going to tank the market, if anything, the globalist of the federal reserve bank will.
All that needs to happen is Janet yellen to open her mouth and say "interest rate increase" and the markets will tank immediately as the banisters sell their positions and the middle class is left holding the bag.
It has to happen sooner or later, so might as well vilify an antiglobalist movement in the process.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2016, 11:11:52 AM »
Trump isn't going to tank the market, if anything, the globalist of the federal reserve bank will.
All that needs to happen is Janet yellen to open her mouth and say "interest rate increase" and the markets will tank immediately as the banisters sell their positions and the middle class is left holding the bag.
It has to happen sooner or later, so might as well vilify an antiglobalist movement in the process.

I was just thinking about that and looking at my positions.

My thought is that stinkin' Yellen is going to play politics and time her first relatively big interest rate jump announcement so that the hack politicians and the uninformed can blame it on Trump right around the time he's sworn in.

While I have stated here many times that I want to see a sensible rate increase (actually, that I wanted to see one several years ago) I have no allusions that an effective rate increase will tank the market for the shorter term, while strengthening it for the longer term. The partisans will use that short term chaos to their political advantage.

I sure hope Trump shows Yellen the door.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2016, 03:00:07 PM »
Yellen already testified before Congress that the Fed plans to increase interest rates in 1Q of 2017.  Which would be mid Jan.  Guess what else is happening then ?

Which of course will cause the markets to do all kinds of goofy things, because no one has really had to think because the Fed Funds rate has been Zero for close to a decade now.

Which is all Trump's fault. 
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.