Author Topic: Thank God for small favors... Michael Steele appears to be stepping down  (Read 1257 times)

AZRedhawk44

• friends
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1210/46287.html

One RINO down, only a few hundred well-placed ones to go...

And this is a big RINO.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
Re: Thank God for small favors... Michael Steele appears to be stepping down
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2010, 10:32:44 AM »
I almost threw my beer through the TV when he got the slot.  In his tenure in Maryland he backed gun control and a whole slew of other progressive evils.  Neocon through and through, and he only got the slot so the GOP could appear to be post-racial, too.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Steele

Lowlights:

During his time as Lieutenant Governor, he chaired the Minority Business Enterprise taskforce, actively promoting an expansion of affirmative action in the corporate world..................Affirmative Action
As Lieutenant Governor of Maryland, Steele committed $70 million in grants and loan guarantees for small and minority-owned businesses.[74]

Gun control:
"Society should draw lines. What do you need an assault weapon for, if you're going hunting? That's overkill. But I don't think that means you go to a total ban for those who want to use gun for skeet shooting or hunting or things like that. But what's the point of passing gun laws if we're not going to enforce them? If you want to talk about gun control, that's where you need to start. We've got 300 gun laws on the books right now. At the end of the day, it's about how we enforce the law."[78]

The RNC should have left the man in Maryland where his brand of "conservatisim" belongs.

JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Ned Hamford

• friend
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2010, 11:49:47 AM »
I had been hoping he would step down after any one of a number of scandals.  My favorite being using RNC moneys for an S&M Club outing.
Improbus a nullo flectitur obsequio.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2010, 04:58:31 PM »
Nvrmind, sounds like he's back in.

http://politics.blogs.foxnews.com/2010/12/13/sources-say-steele-will-seek-second-term-rnc-chair

Here's to hoping that enough TEA party folks have stepped up to infuse the RNC with people that think like the rest of flyover America.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2010, 07:49:32 PM »
Thanks for getting my hopes up... :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Maybe he'll lose yet ....
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Leatherneck

• friend
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2010, 03:19:31 PM »
Not one red cent, RNC.

TC
TC
RT Refugee