Author Topic: Precursor to TSA on bus stops, subways, etc  (Read 1500 times)

AZRedhawk44

• friends
Precursor to TSA on bus stops, subways, etc
« on: December 16, 2010, 07:17:09 PM »
http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE6BF5FM20101216

DC subway police are going to initiate random backpack and purse searches.

A one-liner gem in the story:
There is "no specific or credible threat to the system at this time," Metro said in a statement.

Also memorable (and a mere 1 sentence later, no less!):
Passengers who refuse to have their bags inspected will be denied entry into the subway system.

I expect that to last maybe a month, until they decide they can do the same thing that TSA does and arrest anyone as a terrorist who refuses to consent to a search. :'(

Good bye, 4th amendment.  It was great while you lasted.

"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
Re: Precursor to TSA on bus stops, subways, etc
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2010, 07:37:15 PM »
Shut up and get in line, prole. You have no specific right to use the public transportation you pay for.

*sigh* So I presume the folk who cried about how you didn't need to use the airlines, that you could always take the bus or train, will be along next to tell us that we can always take the bus and train if we don't like it.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2010, 08:07:48 PM »
Shut up and get in line, prole. You have no specific right to use the public transportation you pay for.

*sigh* So I presume the folk who cried about how you didn't need to use the airlines, that you could always take the bus or train, will be along next to tell us that we can always take the bus and train walk if we don't like it.

Fixed it.
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2010, 08:25:48 PM »
been doing it on the new york subway for quite some time
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2010, 08:48:43 PM »
This is just the beginning.  We can expect the same--unless we resist--in all public spaces and on public highways.  The King's Peace must be preserved.  This was inevitable.  The rise of liberalism is about fear and oppressive control.  Unfortunately, most people value (the illusion of) security over liberty.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2010, 08:50:36 PM »
How long before someone with a CCW permit and carrying winds up getting taken down by some overzealous and overfrightened functionaries of the State?
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2010, 09:28:29 PM »
There is going to be some real problem if they decide to get all TSA on riders in Virginia, where the law allows either concealed or open carry and there is a sizeable contingent of each flavor who regularly ride the subways.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

erictank

• friends
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2010, 10:06:31 AM »
How long before someone with a CCW permit and carrying winds up getting taken down by some overzealous and overfrightened functionaries of the State?

I'd thought that WMATA would forbid carry on trains.  Quite surprised to learn that (in VA, at least) they obey VA state law on the subject, apparently.

Re: police-state TSA-style warrantless-and-suspicionless-search crap -  [barf]