Author Topic: Barbara Walters: Palin is not a reformer cuz "She sold the airplane at a loss"  (Read 8904 times)

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
The plane became a big deal because McCain told a cheering audience that she sold it on eBay, for a profit.

Which was misinformation at best and a lie at worst.

Jets are EXPENSIVE BEYOND ALL BELIEF to keep up.

Trust me when I say Palin did very, very well selling the aircraft for 2.1 mil when it was bought it for 2.7 mil.

Barbara Walters doesn't know anything about aviation. Don't believe her for a second.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

agricola

• friend
The plane became a big deal because McCain told a cheering audience that she sold it on eBay, for a profit.

Which was misinformation at best and a lie at worst.

Jets are EXPENSIVE BEYOND ALL BELIEF to keep up.

Trust me when I say Palin did very, very well selling the aircraft for 2.1 mil when it was bought it for 2.7 mil.

Barbara Walters doesn't know anything about aviation. Don't believe her for a second.

Was this the same show where Whoopi Goldberg claimed that strict constitutionalist SC judges would bring back slavery?
"Idiot!  A long life eating mush is best."
"Make peace, you fools"

ilbob

• friend
    • Bob's blog
Was this the same show where Whoopi Goldberg claimed that strict constitutionalist SC judges would bring back slavery?
They would except for the 13th amendment.
bob

Disclaimers: I am not a lawyer, cop, soldier, gunsmith, politician, plumber, electrician, or a professional practitioner of many of the other things I comment on in this forum.

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.

Kinda speaks for itself, doesn't it?.....  rolleyes
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Matthew Carberry

• Formerly carebear
  • friend
  • Fiat justitia, pereat mundus

They wouldn't, states were allowed to have slavery as part of their sovereign rights under the original document, it wasn't mandated by the Constitution.

Worst case if the 13th went away would be... no effect.   If the state laws then allowing slavery haven't been rescinded by now, they would be in an instant.  States admitted since the 13th already bar the practice.

Remember, the Feds getting out of the way doesn't mean most things would immediately be legal or illegal, it just means the states would be free to decide again per their citizen's beliefs.

Abortion access wouldn't disappear overnight, as a majority of polled voters support allowing it in the cases of life of mother, rape and incest.  Their state laws do and would reflect that.

Similarly for most equal protection issues.
"Not all unwise laws are unconstitutional laws, even where constitutional rights are potentially involved." - Eugene Volokh

"As for affecting your movement, your Rascal should be able to achieve the the same speeds no matter what holster rig you are wearing."

ArfinGreebly

• Level Three Geek
  • friend
Strict Constitutionist?
« Reply #30 on: March 03, 2005, 10:18:52 PM »
Constitution?

As in, the WHOLE Constitution?

Like, you know, the Constitution AS AMENDED?

Jeesh.

Some people's kids.

"Look at it this way. If America frightens you, feel free to live somewhere else. There are plenty of other countries that don't suffer from excessive liberty. America is where the Liberty is. Liberty is not certified safe."

agricola

• friend
Re: Strict Constitutionist?
« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2005, 10:18:52 PM »
Constitution?

Jeesh.

Some people's kids.

McCain did fluff the answer a bit, though admittedly I sure he really wasnt expecting to be accused of wanting to bring back slavery.
"Idiot!  A long life eating mush is best."
"Make peace, you fools"

Matthew Carberry

• Formerly carebear
  • friend
Re: Strict Constitutionist?
« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2005, 10:18:52 PM »
Constitution?

Jeesh.

Some people's kids.

McCain did fluff the answer a bit, though admittedly I sure he really wasnt expecting to be accused of wanting to bring back slavery.

That's when, in my argument style, you take a moment, appear confused, and then quite calmly and precisely allow the questioner to reveal their idiocy by laying out their own position for them.
"Not all unwise laws are unconstitutional laws, even where constitutional rights are potentially involved." - Eugene Volokh

"As for affecting your movement, your Rascal should be able to achieve the the same speeds no matter what holster rig you are wearing."

The Annoyed Man

Ahhh so. The old Vulcan, use your own stupidity against you trick!

Damn it Jim! I'm just a country doctor. Not a miracle worker...  grin

ArfinGreebly

• Level Three Geek
  • friend
Damn it Jim! I'm just a country doctor. Not a miracle worker.

Alt:

Dammit, Jim!  I'm a doctor, not a physician!

grin

"Look at it this way. If America frightens you, feel free to live somewhere else. There are plenty of other countries that don't suffer from excessive liberty. America is where the Liberty is. Liberty is not certified safe."

Matthew Carberry

• Formerly carebear
  • friend
Verbal Judo baby.

I'm not calling you an idiot, you are proudly proclaiming it.