Author Topic: Whaaaaa ???  (Read 1524 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
Whaaaaa ???
« on: July 16, 2017, 01:46:32 PM »
http://www.newser.com/story/245776/macron-trump-listened-to-me-on-climate-change.html

French president tries to snow Trump, and thinks he succeeded. I hope he's wrong. But ...

On their main point of contention—Trump's withdrawal from the landmark Paris climate agreement—Macron is quoted as saying that "Donald Trump listened to me. He understood the reason for my position, notably the link between climate change and terrorism."

WHAT link between climate change and terrorism? France has a terrorism problem because they've admitted too many terrorists into their country. What does this have to do with [alleged] climate change?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
Re: Whaaaaa ???
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2017, 01:51:20 PM »
Uhh, "climate change is the primal and root evil from which all others flow"?
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2017, 02:19:38 PM »

When I was growing up, back in the Stone Age, I was taught that "Money is the root of all evil."

I think we just said the same thing ...
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2017, 02:21:43 PM »
When I was growing up, back in the Stone Age, I was taught that "Money is the root of all evil."

I think we just said the same thing ...

A couple of thousand years ago, a famous guy said "love of money is the root of all evil."

The part you quoted there just says that Macron thinks Trump understands that he (Macron) cites terrorism as a reason.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2017, 04:02:36 PM »
Whole groups of terrorists are currently trapped in the ice sheets. As the ice melts the terrorists are freed. And then go on to cause mayhem.

You people don't even understand basic science.
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2017, 05:57:17 PM »
Including collusion with Russia during an election, no doubt . . .  :rofl:
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2017, 06:16:08 PM »
Trump has a history of listening very well to whatever argument is put forth, then doing whatever the hell he wants.
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

MikeB

• friend
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2017, 08:00:44 PM »
Trump has a history of listening very well to whatever argument is put forth, then doing whatever the hell he wants.

It’s kind of like listening to the 21 year old at work that just graduated from college tell you how the world and business works. You nod politely and go back to reality.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2017, 08:58:04 PM »
It’s kind of like listening to the 21 year old at work that just graduated from college tell you how the world and business works. You nod politely and go back to reality.

That's a really good example to apply to a lot of these progressives. :)
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2017, 09:15:29 PM »
Actually.....
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
Re:
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2017, 09:55:18 PM »
Trump is a salesman.  He tells whoever he's talking to what they want to hear.  (Unless they attack him. Then it's the opposite.)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2017, 11:31:27 PM »

Beat me to it.  Not "whatever the hell he wants" so much, but in terms of analyzing negotiating and counterpointing points.  I'm sure he'd listen to Pelosi the same way.

That doesn't mean he agrees with whatever is spouted in a face-to-face discussion, and in true "salesman" mode, he probably wouldn't disagree on the spot.

Hypothetical:

I suspect a "nod" or an "uh-huh" or even an "OK" does not reflect agreement, only acknowledgement that the statement was received and understood.

Just my opinion.

Terry
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.