Author Topic: For all the liberals who want "open borders"  (Read 5418 times)

grislyatoms

• friends
For all the liberals who want "open borders"
« on: December 31, 2011, 09:39:17 AM »
I say "concertina wire, walls, border agents with night vision equipment, dogs, mines, helicopters, C-130's, etc."

ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. -- Federal agents said the man accused of sexually assaulting and killing a 1-month-old baby girl had recently sneaked back into the United States after being deported to Mexico four months before the crime.

Read more: http://www.koat.com/news/30107305/detail.html#ixzz1i7hb127C

"A son of the sea, am I" Gordon Lightfoot

mtnbkr

• friend
Re: For all the liberals who want "open borders"
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2011, 09:57:42 AM »
Mexico doesn't have a monopoly on monsters like that.

Chris

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2011, 10:03:59 AM »
Bullet to the head and be done with it.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2011, 10:06:16 AM »

Chris

This.

JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

grislyatoms

• friends
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2011, 10:11:03 AM »

Chris
True. I'm sure some of the folks coming across are hard working and decent. Doesn't change the fact that they are here illegally.
This animal was back in the US in under 4 months. Stories like this are becoming more and more frequent here, proof positive current border control policies are not working.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2011, 10:27:03 AM »
It's pretty clear that the current border control policy is to let a bunch of low-skilled folks in with a wink and a nod so that they can be employed at less then the (artificially raised by government meddling) market value of low-skill labor.

How exactly is that not working again?

As to criminality? Chris is right. We have plenty of perverts born and raised here.

There are reasons to control immigration.  Turning the US into East Berlin because of perverts isn't the correct response or reason.

grislyatoms

• friends
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2011, 11:05:31 AM »
It's pretty clear that the current border control policy is to let a bunch of low-skilled folks in with a wink and a nod so that they can be employed at less then the (artificially raised by government meddling) market value of low-skill labor.

How exactly is that not working again? The current figure I have heard (sorry, don't have a source) is 12 million illegal immigrants.
As to criminality? Chris is right. We have plenty of perverts born and raised here. I won't/cannot argue against that

There are reasons to control immigration. Such as keeping criminal immigrants, legal or illegal, out of the country?

Turning the US into East Berlin because of perverts isn't the correct response or reason. Ok, perhaps I was over the top with the comment about minefields and such.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2011, 11:10:26 AM »
Just think how many Americans we could put to work building a real border fence.  =)

Or would we have to hire Messicans ???   ;/
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2011, 11:26:57 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkWjDrNltSg

What Uncle Ted would say about it.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2011, 11:34:42 AM »
True. I'm sure some of the folks coming across are hard working and decent. Doesn't change the fact that they are here illegally.
This animal was back in the US in under 4 months. Stories like this are becoming more and more frequent here, proof positive current border control policies are not working.

The real issue isn't the crimes the illegals commit.  Its a strawman and the liberals will overlook it every time.
The real issue is the cost of illegals.  Welfare benefits to illegals, healthcare, and their anchor babies welfare, schooling, chip, medicaid, etc.  It is an affront to a free market of labor to subsidize the low cost of illegal labor with the benefits reaped on the backs of legal labor.  Each one of us who works legally not only have to prop up the legal citizens who are supported by the welfare state (and subsidized to stay out of the labor pool), but also those who are allowed into the labor pool at a reduced rate. 
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2012, 12:40:49 PM »
The real issue isn't the crimes the illegals commit.  Its a strawman and the liberals will overlook it every time.
The real issue is the cost of illegals.  Welfare benefits to illegals, healthcare, and their anchor babies welfare, schooling, chip, medicaid, etc.  It is an affront to a free market of labor to subsidize the low cost of illegal labor with the benefits reaped on the backs of legal labor.  Each one of us who works legally not only have to prop up the legal citizens who are supported by the welfare state (and subsidized to stay out of the labor pool), but also those who are allowed into the labor pool at a reduced rate. 

Getting rid of the welfare state would go a long ways towards solving the entire issue, or make it into a non-issue.
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2012, 02:13:42 PM »
Bullet to the head and be done with it.

...esp. for repeat border-crossers....
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2012, 02:18:24 PM »
Getting rid of the welfare state would go a long ways towards solving the entire issue, or make it into a non-issue.

Good luck with shutting down welfare. Let us know how that works out for you.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2012, 02:41:07 PM »

Chris
Exactly. 99.9% of the children abused or killed in the US are the victims of American citizens.

These scumbag citizens reflect many different ethnic backgrounds and political views.

Evil is an equal opportunity employer.
Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher

The Almighty tells me He can get me out of this mess, but He’s pretty sure you’re f**ked! - Stephen

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2012, 03:01:51 PM »
Exactly. 99.9% of the children abused or killed in the US are the victims of American citizens.

These scumbag citizens reflect many different ethnic backgrounds and political views.

And there is a special hell reserved for them.

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2012, 03:10:38 PM »
And there is a special hell reserved for them.
Yes, I firmly believe that, although it takes them too long to get there.....
Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher

The Almighty tells me He can get me out of this mess, but He’s pretty sure you’re f**ked! - Stephen

Gowen

• Metal smith
  • friend
    • Gemoriah.com
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2012, 06:35:24 PM »

Look at the age of consent laws in Mexico.  They have no reason to come to the US, they can sit at home a pick just about any age they want.
"That's my hat, I'm the leader!" Napoleon the Bloodhound

Gemoriah.com

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2012, 06:59:39 PM »
Good luck with shutting down welfare. Let us know how that works out for you.

Well, not if you keep voting for the same old *expletive deleted*it ...

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2012, 08:55:43 PM »
High altitude reapatriation for repeat or violent offenders. Load them up in a C130, fly them over Some drug cartels compound and pitch them out the back from 30K ft.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2012, 09:07:46 PM »
Ha ha ha, so witty.  Enough bloodlust.

Chris