Author Topic: No Not Touch  (Read 1412 times)

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
No Not Touch
« on: June 26, 2015, 05:11:15 PM »
http://www.foxnews.com/travel/2015/06/26/queen-guard-points-gun-at-tourist-who-touches-him-while-marching/

Annoying git puts hand on Queen's Guard.  Gets bayonet pointed at him but is not skewered.

They have a high tolerance for stupid party tricks like annoying questions, faces made at them, and even people walking alongside them (as long as the walker stays off the marked path).  They somehow even manage to ignore camera flashes right in their face.

I am highly disappointed the Guard pushed him away first before bringing the rifle to bear.

I wonder how far it is to Royal Brown Stain Remover's shop.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Re: No Not Touch
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2015, 07:04:20 PM »
Fracking awesome...

Hear his buddies talking about how his gun is jammed?

Must have read about the SA-80...
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2015, 09:44:16 PM »

Not sure why this is news. Person touched an armed soldier on guard duty. Guard tells civvie to not touch the guard. Civvie goes elsewhere. SOP for the Queen's Guards is to give verbal warning, present bayonet if potentially a threat and use bayonet if they are an active threat. Usually there are cops nearby.

"Gun is jammed" is untrue. The rifles are virtually always unloaded, no ammo means no jam. They only get issued ammo if there's a heightened threat. Off-post soldiers are nearby and said off post soldiers theoretically have access to live ammo.

Here in the States, pretty much same thing. Of course, the "ready ammo" supply is often a joke and there's virtually no way it'd be accessible in an emergency 9 out of 10 times. You get an Article 15 at a minimum if you're caught with personal ammo. There was a bit of an exception after 9/11 for a bit. Yes, worst terrorist attack in US history and overwhelming majority of soldiers were not issued ammo. Mind you, at the time, we had no idea WTF was going on and if things would escalate. Most NCOs with half a brain ignored BDU pant pockets with suspiciously rectangular bulges. Army started getting less stupid during the wars, but from what I hear, the Army is quietly purging all that "war" type mentality. Peacetime military can really really suck.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2015, 09:47:28 PM »
It must be rather cathardic to finally have an excuse to get back at an obnoxious tourist.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2015, 09:53:59 PM »
It must be rather cathardic to finally have an excuse to get back at an obnoxious tourist.

I've always assumed that when the 3rd Regiment guys get to yell at tourists, it makes their week.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2015, 03:46:26 AM »

Here in the States, pretty much same thing. Of course, the "ready ammo" supply is often a joke and there's virtually no way it'd be accessible in an emergency 9 out of 10 times. You get an Article 15 at a minimum if you're caught with personal ammo. There was a bit of an exception after 9/11 for a bit. Yes, worst terrorist attack in US history and overwhelming majority of soldiers were not issued ammo. Mind you, at the time, we had no idea WTF was going on and if things would escalate. Most NCOs with half a brain ignored BDU pant pockets with suspiciously rectangular bulges. Army started getting less stupid during the wars, but from what I hear, the Army is quietly purging all that "war" type mentality. Peacetime military can really really suck.

We established a flightline roving watch on the darkest un-patrolled corner of the world's largest naval base. Kayak right on up if you please. Our watch was several rovers each with a Mossberg 590 and 10 rounds of 00. It was likely a long time before I didn't carry a highly unofficial BUG. It was different then, and on Sep 12 when I posted my revised watchbill for the day we truly had no idea what was next. I was pissed too, first time in forever I had the watchbill out a week ahead of time with no changes and no snivels.

As for the Queen's guard the only thing that could improve that situation is a halberd. A sharp one.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2015, 06:10:56 AM »
Not sure why this is news.

Not so much news as a needed chuckle at the chuckleheads out there.  (Yes, I know that one more example of someone not even knowing they are playing stupid games is - how you say? - overkill.)

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2015, 08:59:44 AM »
It should have been buttstock to the chin to "move him back" then pointy end for (potentially) final emphasis.
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2015, 09:33:42 AM »
""Gun is jammed" is untrue. The rifles are virtually always unloaded, no ammo means no jam. They only get issued ammo if there's a heightened threat. Off-post soldiers are nearby and said off post soldiers theoretically have access to live ammo."

I'm positing that the "gun is jammed comment made by the idiot's friends is a reference to the well-known, embarrassing, problems the SA-80s had in its early years.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2015, 09:38:25 AM »
The idiots didn't learn a damn thing, and still lack respect.

Shoulda knocked him the *expletive deleted*ck out with the buttstock of the rifle as an example. Not like there was a brain at risk anyway.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2015, 11:12:27 AM »
^
Shoulda knocked him the *expletive deleted*ck out with the buttstock of the rifle as an example. Not like there was a brain at risk anyway.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

My first roffle of the day !  Thank you !

Terry

WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2015, 01:13:31 PM »
Stupid should have hurt.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2015, 05:00:47 PM »
Good on the Brit soldier. 

I despise folk who screw with others in situations where the screw-ee has limited recourse.  From Queen's Guard to gal-behind-the-counter.  Do not flipping torment folks whose duty precludes them from giving out a merited beating.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2015, 05:10:25 PM »
Good on the Brit soldier. 

I despise folk who screw with others in situations where the screw-ee has limited recourse.  From Queen's Guard to gal-behind-the-counter.  Do not flipping torment folks whose duty precludes them from giving out a merited beating.

Oh, for a polite and genteel world in which such beatings were administered via observers and bystanders de rigueur in acordance with Heinleinian principles of civility.
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch