Author Topic: Scream like a girl  (Read 2730 times)

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
Scream like a girl
« on: July 29, 2015, 04:06:55 PM »
http://tinyurl.com/no33l6h

It's Texas, y'all.

I'd prefer not to Monday morning quarterback all the mistakes of omission and commission, but knowing this bunch there is going to be little chance of that.

Kudos to the partner.  Without that intervention there might have been a different person laying on the ground.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
Re: Scream like a girl
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2015, 04:32:17 PM »
""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

AmbulanceDriver

• Junior Rocketeer
  • friends
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2015, 04:53:33 PM »
The usual response from the suspect's brother:

http://www.kltv.com/story/29211815/officer-involved-shooting-victims-brother-he-was-trying-to-turn-his-life-around

Although this actually seems like a very different response than the "minority" community when someone plays stupid games and wins stupid prizes:  “From everything that I've heard and seen, they acted on someone waving a firearm. I wasn't there and I'm not here to judge,” said Jeff Bushey. “I figure that the investigation will reveal it and justice will be served in the end.”
Are you a cook, or a RIFLEMAN?  Find out at Appleseed!

http://www.appleseedinfo.org

"For some many people, attempting to process a logical line of thought brings up the blue screen of death." -Blakenzy

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2015, 06:02:52 PM »
I didn't listen to the sound.

So why were they interrupting the guy washing his hands  ???
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2015, 06:04:58 PM »
Old boy was taking fire from both occifers at once. Talk about double-tapping.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2015, 06:07:01 PM »

"You're a suspect in reference to a theft case." I'm guessing the guy had a reputation, since the officer made sure to scoot the table knife further away from him.

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2015, 06:07:19 PM »

Didn't you see the "employees must wash hands" sign?  No self service in Applebees.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2015, 06:10:48 PM »
"You're a suspect in reference to a theft case." I'm guessing the guy had a reputation, since the officer made sure to scoot the table knife further away from him.

But not enough reputation to cuff and frisk ?  =|

I guess he won't be washing his hands anymore.  >:D
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2015, 06:26:21 PM »
Although this actually seems like a very different response than the "minority" community when someone plays stupid games and wins stupid prizes:  “From everything that I've heard and seen, they acted on someone waving a firearm. I wasn't there and I'm not here to judge,” said Jeff Bushey. “I figure that the investigation will reveal it and justice will be served in the end.”

I was referring to the "he was trying to turn his life around" cliche.

But yeah, Jeff Bushey wasn't screaming for the officers' heads like some do.  Not sure what the perp was thinking, pulling a BB pistol on two armed LEOs.  Suicide by cop?
""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2015, 07:22:47 PM »
But not enough reputation to cuff and frisk ?  =|

I guess he won't be washing his hands anymore.  >:D

I was presuming they wanted to do that outside the restaurant, so as not to embarrass the management too badly. I don't know if that's realistic.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2015, 10:29:59 PM »
The usual response from the suspect's brother:

http://www.kltv.com/story/29211815/officer-involved-shooting-victims-brother-he-was-trying-to-turn-his-life-around

I'm confused. In fact, I'm baffled. The author of that article completely omitted mention of the mobs of distraught people marching to the beat of "White Lives Matter!"
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2015, 10:35:59 PM »

No the guy shoplifted from Wal-Mart and went to hide in the Applebee's restroom. Then the officers confronted him there and took him outside to question and arrest him. He then chose to remove himself from the gene pool in a most efficient manner, because there is no way in hell that play was going to end well for him...

since the officer made sure to scoot the table knife further away from him.

One would be wise to get a potential weapon like that away from any suspect, reputation or not, in a situation like that.

Back when I had to confront people I always either put myself in between the person I was talking to and potential weapons or I called them away from said potential weapons to lessen the chance of them suddenly grabbing a nearby object and skewering me or knocking me over the head before I could react. I also tried to position myself between them and any area nearby that the potential to have a weapon (such as a vehicle, RV, tent, etc).

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2015, 10:41:01 PM »
I'm confused. In fact, I'm baffled. The author of that article completely omitted mention of the mobs of distraught people marching to the beat of "White Lives Matter!"

The white mobs are too busy working to pay for the other mobs...

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2015, 12:30:03 AM »
This is exactly the reason why cops should all be required to wear body cameras at all times on duty.
The only fault I'll find with the officers is not restraining and frisking the guy while they were still in the can. But, I can see trying to avoid excess drama in a business. IMO  the guy committed suicide by cop.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2015, 01:00:51 AM »
One would be wise to get a potential weapon like that away from any suspect, reputation or not, in a situation like that.

Back when I had to confront people I always either put myself in between the person I was talking to and potential weapons or I called them away from said potential weapons to lessen the chance of them suddenly grabbing a nearby object and skewering me or knocking me over the head before I could react. I also tried to position myself between them and any area nearby that the potential to have a weapon (such as a vehicle, RV, tent, etc).

The fact that he even noticed the flatware sitting there just gives me the idea the officer was expecting trouble. Going back for a second look, though, he didn't move it all that far.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2015, 06:11:56 AM »
If they thought that he was a suspect in a theft case... why didn't they frisk him before they took him out of the restroom?

Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2015, 10:12:45 AM »
If they thought that he was a suspect in a theft case... why didn't they frisk him before they took him out of the restroom?

Because it's so much more embarrassing to march a handcuffed suspect out of Applebees than to have a shooting on the front sidewalk.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2015, 10:37:54 AM »
No one said anything about handcuffing him, just frisking him.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2015, 10:40:45 AM »
No one said anything about handcuffing him, just frisking him.

Your funny bone is broke again  :facepalm:

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2015, 11:06:13 AM »
I'd have to see something funny first to make that determination.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2015, 11:12:32 AM »
I'd have to see something funny first to make that determination.

That would be totally, and in all other ways, inconceivable.

AmbulanceDriver

• Junior Rocketeer
  • friends
« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2015, 12:05:02 PM »
That would be totally, and in all other ways, inconceivable.

You keep using that word...  I do not think it means what you think it means.
Are you a cook, or a RIFLEMAN?  Find out at Appleseed!

http://www.appleseedinfo.org

"For some many people, attempting to process a logical line of thought brings up the blue screen of death." -Blakenzy

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2015, 12:12:54 PM »
You keep using that word...  I do not think it means what you think it means.

I see what you did there...  =|