Author Topic: Don't let the economy down  (Read 711 times)

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
Don't let the economy down
« on: July 31, 2015, 06:41:45 PM »
http://freebeacon.com/issues/study-beer-creates-jobs/

Beer creates jobs and is a boon for small business, according to a new study that credits the industry with creating nearly 2 million jobs.

The Hill reports:

The Beer Institute and the National Beer Wholesalers Association issued the report Tuesday during a congressional briefing. It claims that beer companies are responsible for 1.5 percent of the gross domestic product and more than $48.5 billion in taxes.

American brewers and beer importers employ nearly 50,000 workers, according to the report, while distributors employ more than 130,000 workers and suppliers employ more than 380,000 workers.

In all, the industry is responsible for 1.75 million jobs, the report noted.

“It can be said that beer truly serves America,” said CEO and president of the Beer Institute Jim McGreevy. “Beer is more than our nation’s favorite adult drink — it is a powerhouse in job creation, commercial activity and tax revenue.”

Or as Franklin said:  "Beer is proof that Go*d loves us."

Now get out there and do your part.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

HankB

• friend
Re: Don't let the economy down
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2015, 04:02:21 PM »
Or as Franklin said:  "Beer is proof that Go*d loves us, and wants us to be happy."
FIFY.

Although I've read that there's some doubt as to whether or not Franklin actually said that - there's no actual documentation he said that about beer, but he did express similar sentiments about wine. (But . . . he SHOULD have said it!!!!)
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

dm1333

• friend
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2015, 05:26:03 PM »
I'm helping boost the economy right now!

grampster

• friend
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2015, 05:28:53 PM »
I live near Grand Rapids, Mi.  It's proclaimed the "Beer Capital of the World".  We have a micro-brewery on ever corner, even more than banks.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2015, 08:38:02 PM »
I live near Grand Rapids, Mi.  It's proclaimed the "Beer Capital of the World".  We have a micro-brewery on ever corner, even more than banks.

So when you take your girlfriend out for a beer, do you go "dutch"  ???

=D
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

dm1333

• friend
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2015, 09:01:37 PM »

If it weren't for the god awful winters here in MI the Grand Rapids area would be high on my list of places to retire to.  Right after Traverse City and Marquette.  But I've spent 4 winters in MI and I'm about done with snow and record breaking cold.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2015, 03:22:11 PM »
I do my part every chance I get.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!