Author Topic: Welcoming our new overlords to the Puget Sound  (Read 868 times)

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
Welcoming our new overlords to the Puget Sound
« on: August 06, 2015, 04:32:51 PM »
http://www.king5.com/story/tech/science/environment/2015/08/05/jellyfish-ecology-noaa-puget-sound/31194035/

OLYMPIA, Wash. -- Biologists with NOAA and the Department of Ecology are teaming up by plane and boat to track a jellyfish boom in Puget Sound.

On Tuesday morning, they launched from a dock near Olympia. It took just minutes for the blue water to turn yellow with jellies.

They sunk a large net 35 feet deep with a camera attached, which showed a swarm of jellyfish the entire way down.

By tomorrow it's going to meld together into one giant 35-foot long monster jelly.  Reports of caravans of trucks hauling peanut butter have not been confirmed.  Then again, no evidence has been put forward to deny the reports.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

Northwoods

• friend
  • Formerly sumpnz
Re: Welcoming our new overlords to the Puget Sound
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2015, 11:39:37 PM »
I know there was a huge bloom of jelly fish off the Oregon and southern Washington coast.  Then they all died.  The resulting toxins in the water killed huge numbers of Dungeness crabs, and caused the fishery for the crabs to be completely shut down.
Formerly sumpnz

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2015, 05:32:02 AM »
Reports of caravans of trucks hauling peanut butter have not been confirmed.  Then again, no evidence has been put forward to deny the reports.

Looks like a joke, but no referent for us non-coastal, non-marine biologist types.  Or is that just something that "everybody knows" except me.  

Searched cited page for peanut: "No matches found."

???
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2015, 06:18:45 AM »
Looks like a joke, but no referent for us non-coastal, non-marine biologist types.  Or is that just something that "everybody knows" except me.  

Searched cited page for peanut: "No matches found."

???

Jelly fish - sometimes referred to in the singular as a "jelly" although I grant you some non-coastal and/or non-marine biologists might not "know" that.

Smart-ass plan to get rid of excess "jellies"?  PBJs for everybody!

What did you expect from APS?

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2015, 06:44:25 AM »
Nah, I should'a "got" that one.  Excuse 1: Just woke up.  Excuse 2:  Coffee wasn't ready yet.  Excuse 3:  Stupid me.

:facepalm:

Terry
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2015, 02:14:25 PM »
Would it have helped if I had included mention of the local bread bakeries putting on a third shift?

stay safe.