Author Topic: Thoughts on pistol caliber AR's?  (Read 11073 times)

AZRedhawk44

• friends
Re: Thoughts on pistol caliber AR's?
« Reply #50 on: February 24, 2010, 01:00:11 PM »
Kriss:  the only gun that could possibly make a Glock look elegant. =D
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

sanglant

• friend
« Reply #51 on: February 24, 2010, 01:04:10 PM »
i might have missed it in this thread. :angel: but, i just remembered, there's this one, if they really make it this time. :facepalm:

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #52 on: February 24, 2010, 01:07:37 PM »
Oh, the Kriss is foogly, and would match up great with a Glock.

Want!  Want a nice shiny G21 and a Kriss.....mmmmm
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #53 on: February 24, 2010, 02:08:16 PM »
Why's that? There are various movements to legalize them in CA, as well.  =)

Oops, just realized I never answered this question. Given the BATF&E's horrific track record of violence, property destruction, malicious prosecution, and the all purpose charges of "conspiracy" and "constructive possession" I want as little to do with them as humanly possible.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #54 on: February 24, 2010, 02:54:52 PM »
Kriss:  the only gun that could possibly make a Glock look elegant. =D
I'm almost surprised Glock hasn't tried to market a carbine version of their pistols. 

I guess I'm not the first to ask that question though.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #55 on: February 24, 2010, 02:57:51 PM »
Still have (you'll need to pry it out of my hands) a Rock River Arms .45APC that takes grease gun mags.  Up to 50 rounds before reloading, instead of 20 out of the UZI mags.  You need a fixed stock to hold the recoil buffer spring.  I use the sproiiiinnnng to set the pace for "rapid" fire - I can crank out maybe 3 rounds per second but that's synchronizing perfectly.  Real-world timing is 2 rounds per second.

I've been looking, and I can't find any referrence to this. Was it a special order item, or did RRA just stop making them?

If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #56 on: February 24, 2010, 04:55:53 PM »
I've been looking, and I can't find any referrence to this. Was it a special order item, or did RRA just stop making them?

Just stopped making them - many moons ago.  I bought it used maybe (&*#) years ago and it was out of production then.

The stuff in my gun safe could be called eclectic if there were only oe or two "normal" guns amongst them.  If it's weird, different, not made for at least a decade, never sold well, but somehow functions as intended I probably have an example.

stay safe.

skidmark
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #57 on: February 24, 2010, 05:05:27 PM »
Let me know if you ever feel like selling/trading it. :)

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #58 on: February 25, 2010, 06:26:36 AM »
Let me know if you ever feel like selling/trading it. :)

You talking about the AR/Downsizer combo carry package, or just the AR? =D

stay safe.

skidmark
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #59 on: February 25, 2010, 10:52:23 AM »
You talking about the AR/Downsizer combo carry package, or just the AR? =D

stay safe.

skidmark

I'll take the downsizer if I have to...  :O  ;)

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #60 on: February 25, 2010, 01:59:07 PM »
I'll take the downsizer if I have to...  :O  ;)

Hey!  I've recovered the purchase price 5 times over with that little bugger.  Deal is always this:  I load, shoot, extract/eject, reload, shoot 2nd time in all under 30 seconds.  You, after instruction in opening, extracting/ejecting, reloading, closing, must get off 2 shots in 59 seconds or less.  If you get off 2 shots in 59 seconds or less I pay you $10 - if not you pay me $5.  I have NEVER paid anyone!

I also have witnesses to knocking down a full-sized pepper-popper at 20 - 25 yards (we never measured as everyone was standing around with their jaws dropped) with a shot taken with the Downsizer.  Unaimed - just took a bullseye shooter stance & let go.  Personally I'm wondering if it was the muzzle blast rather than the bullet that knocked it over. =D :angel:

I'll keep you in mind if I ever get desparate for funds.

stay safe.

skidmark