Author Topic: Thoughts on Paris  (Read 1296 times)

MechAg94

• friend
Thoughts on Paris
« on: November 18, 2015, 11:00:55 PM »
http://monsterhunternation.com/2015/11/16/thoughts-on-paris/#comments

I thought I would drop this link here.  It is a good read IMO.  I have seen a lot of comments by people who seem to think concealed carry or any personal defense effort is completely useless against terrorism.  

Larry Correia wrote this down in the comments.  
This just illustrates another phenomena I see a lot on the internet. I like to call it the Dracula riding Godzilla effect. So you’ve got a violent encounter somewhere. Immediately the anti-gun jackasses launch with but Your gun is useless when there are ten terrorists with AK-47s! or Your gun is useless when you’re suddenly attacked by a dozen ninjas in a surprise attack! Oh yeah! What if the mall is attacked by Dracula riding Godzilla! What good is your CCW then, huh?!

Got me there. But you’re not normally fighting an entire fire team of dedicated bad guys, and if you are, then see above. Speed bump. This is reduction to the absurd, where they make up unlikely hypothetical situations doomed to absolute failure. The problem there is that these situations are so ridiculous that you could take the most highly trained special operator war heroes America has ever produced, and they’d also be stepped on by Godzilla, ergo no guns for anybody.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
Re: Thoughts on Paris
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2015, 11:08:58 PM »
https://youtu.be/RqcL-y457Ds
Of course, CHL may have limited usefulness against terrierism.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2015, 12:54:12 AM »
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2015, 01:22:02 AM »
"An armed citizenry might be the answer to terrorism"

https://youtu.be/mezNb09KaIo

""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2015, 01:59:42 AM »
https://youtu.be/RqcL-y457Ds
Of course, CHL may have limited usefulness against terrierism.

Turn on the Closed Captioning, Youtube is a might confuddled on the dialogue.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2015, 07:50:20 AM »
I saw a recent report about the kenya mall attack where it was a few security guards and idpa shooters armed with handfuns and wrecking balls for testicles that saved quite a few lives in a veey similar situation.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2015, 08:05:20 AM »
But some law-abiding citizen with a handgun will only be protecting themself and their family.  They will not be protecting all the rest of those folks who are getting/going to get killed.

Selfish NRA!

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2015, 01:37:58 PM »
But some law-abiding citizen with a handgun will only be protecting themself and their family.  They will not be protecting all the rest of those folks who are getting/going to get killed.

Well, y'now, if the tango is facing away from me, a bullet to the base of the skull is a pretty damn effective way of making sure he doesn't turn around and become a threat.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2015, 02:10:22 PM »
Well, y'now, if the tango is facing away from me, a bullet to the base of the skull is a pretty damn effective way of making sure he doesn't turn around and become a threat.

I'm going to go out on a limb and make a prediction: In the near future, taking such action will make you a hero to 1/2 the country and a blood thirsty villain to the other half- you know, 'being white' and interfering with the 'victim's' right to religeon. Further, you'll fall under the mandatory minimum sentencing provision of the 2018 'Refugee and Black Lives Matter Protection Act' in which you will be thrown in prison filled with, you guessed it, ISIS gangs.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2015, 03:02:47 PM »
I saw a recent report about the kenya mall attack where it was a few security guards and idpa shooters armed with handfuns and wrecking balls for testicles that saved quite a few lives in a veey similar situation.

You mean this one? http://foreignpolicy.com/2015/09/20/nairobi-kenya-westgate-mall-attack-al-shabab/
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

Mannlicher

• Grumpy Old Gator
  • friend
  • The Bonnie Blue
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2015, 09:22:40 PM »
and after all this, Paris, ISIS and the like, we still have folks that think it's a good thing to bring totally unvetted 'refugees' from Syria to America.   Damn.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2015, 09:50:49 PM »
we still have folks that think it's a good thing to bring totally unvetted 'refugees' from Syria to America.

*expletive deleted*ing liberal/Christian "Hug A Haji" dipshits.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!