Author Topic: Clinton says she'll take the fight to the convention  (Read 14633 times)

Silver Bullet

• friend
Re: Clinton says she'll take the fight to the convention
« Reply #50 on: June 06, 2008, 05:50:57 PM »
More from the interview, and more of McCains voting record.

Senator, throughout your career you have opposed waiting periods on firearm purchases, bans on commonly owned ammunition, and efforts to register and license gun owners.  What are your reasons for these positions?

Throughout my years in the U.S. House of Representatives and the U.S. Senate, I have consistently opposed these measures, because they are arbitrary restrictions on the constitutional rights of law-abiding citizens.  Gun bans, waiting periods, ammunition bans, registration and licensing of gun owners -- each of these has a common theme:  They only affect law-abiding citizens.  And they have another common theme:  They dont work as crime-fighting tools.  The way to reduce crime is to prosecute criminals to the fullest extent of existing laws -- which, if elected president, gun owners can count on my administration to do.

Senator, you were a co-sponsor of, and helped lead the effort to pass, the Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act in the Senate -- a bill to stop the reckless lawsuits that were designed to bankrupt the American firearm industry.  Why did you feel so strongly about that legislation ?

I was proud to co-sponsor and work hard for the passage of the Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act.  For too long, big-city mayors were trying to sue the American firearm industry out of business, by forcing them to spend nearly a quarter of a billion dollars just to defend their innocence in court.  Holding the manufacturers of a lawful product responsible for the unforeseeable acts of criminals is not the way we do things in America.  It was important for Congress to step in and protect this key industry -- an industry that President Franklin Roosevelt called the arsenal of our democracy.  I was proud to help lead that effort.

Senator, in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina, there were efforts to confiscate legally owned guns from citizens at a time when there was a breakdown of public services, including police protection.  What is your view of this?

I was disturbed to see the actions of authorities attempting to disarm law-abiding citizens, especially at a time of crisis or emergency when public authority was in doubt.  I was pleased to support and vote for an amendment that prohibited such confiscation in 2006.  One of the core purposes of the Second Amendment is to enable our citizenry to protect themselves, their families and their property.  Government should never undermine this inalienable right.

Can your Dem do this ?

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #51 on: June 06, 2008, 05:57:10 PM »
Who's dem? Why do you assume just because someone doesn't tow the party line and love McCain that they like the Democrats? That's just foolish.
If you just want the last word you can have it. I really couldn't care less if you're a McCain lover.
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

Silver Bullet

• friend
« Reply #52 on: June 06, 2008, 07:22:18 PM »
I'm making a case why McCain is a much better choice than Obama. 

And I'm not even a "McCain lover".  I voted for Ron Paul.

You're the one who was running down McCain while there exists a possibility that Obama might win.

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #53 on: June 06, 2008, 08:49:24 PM »
Senator, throughout your career you have opposed waiting periods on firearm purchases, bans on commonly owned ammunition, and efforts to register and license gun owners.  What are your reasons for these positions?

Wow, that's some hard hitting questioning there. Here's the next one in the series.

Senator, you've long held a traditional yet maverick position that states that both kitties and puppies are adorable. How do you find the courage to hold such radical yet traditional views?

Bullshit like this is why McCain is so much more dangerous than Barack Hussein Carter the II. All the fudds who would scream bloody murder if nobama tried something would be only too happy when McCain establishes a national registry.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #54 on: June 07, 2008, 05:45:53 AM »
you trying to say the statement framed as a question was untrue? back it up
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I