Author Topic: Is there any more room under Obama's bus?  (Read 9615 times)

Manedwolf

• friend
Is there any more room under Obama's bus?
« on: May 30, 2008, 09:16:47 AM »
Lots of bodies piling up under there. grin

Obama distances himself from another clergyman
By Associated Press  |   Friday, May 30, 2008  |  http://www.bostonherald.com  |  2008 Pres. Campaign

CHICAGO - Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama said Thursday that he was "deeply disappointed" by a supporters sermon at his church that mocked Hillary Rodham Clinton.

The Rev. Michael Pfleger, a Chicago activist, also apologized for last Sundays sermon at Obamas church, in which he said Clintons eyes welled with tears before the New Hampshire primary because she felt "entitled" to the Democratic nomination and because "theres a black man stealing my show."

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/2008/view.bg?articleid=1097556&format=text

longeyes

• friend
Re: Is there any more room under Obama's bus?
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2008, 09:58:48 AM »
He has yet to throw his doppelganger, the evil "white" Obama, under the bus and come forth as a totally redeemed, pure Uber-Black man.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2008, 10:22:08 AM »

This is the same priest who publicly threatened to "snuff out" the owner of a local gun shop.  Real nice guy.  rolleyes

"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2008, 10:28:41 AM »

This is the same priest who publicly threatened to "snuff out" the owner of a local gun shop.  Real nice guy.  rolleyes

Didn't that just prove why law-abiding people need gun shops?

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2008, 11:02:40 AM »

Didn't that just prove why law-abiding people need gun shops?

Of course it does.  But the irony is lost on Pfleger and his ilk.

"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

ilbob

• friend
    • Bob's blog
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2008, 11:58:26 AM »

You have to wonder why the catholic church hierarchy does not deal with this loose cannon?
bob

Disclaimers: I am not a lawyer, cop, soldier, gunsmith, politician, plumber, electrician, or a professional practitioner of many of the other things I comment on in this forum.

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2008, 12:03:32 PM »

You have to wonder why the catholic church hierarchy does not deal with this loose cannon?

Because the Black Separatist Church has about as much to do with the traditional Catholic church as a Nation of Islam mosque has to do with an ordinary mosque? 

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2008, 02:37:15 PM »
Having heard some other sound bytes from this tool on Hannity's show, and of course, Obama's endorsement of the "new, young pastor" that welcomed Pflegger to the platform, it's really getting hard for those people who tried to tell us that Wright was a non-issue.  Between preachers and domestic terrorists, Obama's scary associations are really starting to stack up. 

Manedwolf, best thread title ever.   cheesy  And his typical white grandmother must be awfully scared of that screaming black preacher, down there under the bus with her. 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2008, 06:00:30 PM »
He has yet to throw his doppelganger, the evil "white" Obama, under the bus and come forth as a totally redeemed, pure Uber-Black man.
He threw that guy under the bus years ago when he joined that church to further his career. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Regolith

• friend
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2008, 09:58:33 PM »
It's getting mighty crowded under that bus.  Obama just threw the entire Trinity Church under it.   undecided
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

Waitone

• friend
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2008, 03:59:43 AM »
Can't wait to see the next associate of O'Bama.  The current list looks like the Star Wars saloon scene.
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2008, 05:08:45 AM »
Sen. Barack Obama said Saturday that he has resigned from the church where controversial sermons by his former pastor and other ministers created political headaches for his campaign.

He resigned?  Odd choice of words. 

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2008, 05:44:19 AM »
Obama doesn't need the UCC any more; he has his own church, with himself as capo and millions of Obamatons behind him.

Anyway, the guy talks Christian but acts Marxist.  Who's kidding whom?

Even in "resigning" Obama doesn't get it.  He sees no problem with the UCC itself, only with us Red Meanies for bringing undesirable attention to the hateful madness therein.  Always the victim he is willing to step aside for The Good of All of Us.

No, Obama never really did exorcise "the white part" of himself.  Nor did he integrate it.  This is why he is what he is, a fractured and dangerous soul.
"Domari nolo."

Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2008, 10:09:56 AM »
Even in "resigning" Obama doesn't get it.  He sees no problem with the UCC itself, only with us Red Meanies for bringing undesirable attention to the hateful madness therein.  Always the victim he is willing to step aside for The Good of All of Us.  

Yup.  If it weren't so insulting to our intelligence, it would be quite entertaining to track Obama's shifting positions on this subject. 

First, Wright was a pastor, mentor, friend and campaign adviser.  When his vitriolic statements first surfaced, he was a good man, who was being "taken out of context," and Obama could no more disown him than the whole black community.  His assertions about "context" imply that Obama had looked at the context of the statements, in order to discover the true, and non-inflammatory meaning that we were all missing.  Or maybe he was just assuming the context would exonerate Wright.  Either way, he didn't care about the truth, and seemed to think the whole thing would blow over.   

When Wright supplied additional context, and it was still inflammatory, Obama was forced to pretend that he didn't know much about his mentor, friend, campaign adviser and pastor of twenty long years, whose sermons he hadn't paid much attention to.  And yes, he most certainly could and would disown him.  And did so.  Presumably, then, he was wrong (or lying) about the very strong identification between Wright and the "black community."  Why, after Wright stepped down, the church was going to carry on with its good work under the "wonderful, young" pastor, Otis Moss.  And, yes, those were Obama's words. 

Now, with his church going full steam ahead with more hatred, racism and general craziness, Obama has thrown the rest of the church under the bus.  (Is he then throwing the black community under the bus, or no?)  Keep in mind that not long ago, Obama was praising the "wonderful work" of Trinity church, and assuring us that he holds to its "values." 

Who are his handlers?  Where are they?  Or is there any way out of the mess Obama's gotten himself into, without looking like a liar who thinks we're all gullible boobs, or a complete idiot, or both? 

anygunanywhere

« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2008, 12:57:13 PM »
This was posted on another board I frequent.

http://www.policelink.com/news/26729-obama-uses-police-memorial-for-porta-potties

PORTLAND, OR  Police officers in Portland, Oregon, are still waiting for an apology from Barack Obama after campaign staffers of his recent rally in Portland, Oregon, setup porta potties directly on top of the Portland Police Memorial, which honors the agencys 25 fallen police officers.

The Obama rally drew a crowd of over 75,000 people.

Officer Thomas Brennan, who was working overtime at the rally, took a picture of the offending toilets, with the American flag still at half mast because of Police Officers Memorial Day, directly behind them. The local law enforcement memorial service had been held at the site only five days earlier.

Despite a large amount of open areas in the vicinity, the campaign staffers claimed the toilets were placed on the memorial for safety reasons to accommodate wheelchair access.

The Obama campaign has not responded to requests for an apology.

If anyone besides BHO did this it would still be on the news.

Anygunanywhere

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2008, 01:53:10 PM »
You seem to have missed the recent revelation that Obama has communion with our "fallen heroes."  He probably spoke with those dead policemen, and got their approval. 

yesitsloaded

• friends
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2008, 04:53:03 PM »
Must be a pretty big bus for all the room under it. Reverend Wright, the whole congregation, his grandmother, Hillary, the population of West Virginia, rural people clinging to guns, bitter white folks, and his father. I'm going to guess that his wife is next up on the cut list. She says too much for him to not throw her under there before too long.
I can haz nukular banstiks ? Say no to furries, yes to people.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2008, 05:54:24 PM »
Michelle can't be thrown under the bus; she IS the bus.  She drives; Barack just rides along.
"Domari nolo."

Molon Labe.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2008, 05:57:28 PM »
The bus is a triple-decker with a shrunken head hanging in it  grin
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2008, 06:40:20 PM »
Must be a pretty big bus for all the room under it. Reverend Wright, the whole congregation, his grandmother, Hillary, the population of West Virginia, rural people clinging to guns, bitter white folks, and his father. I'm going to guess that his wife is next up on the cut list. She says too much for him to not throw her under there before too long.

laugh

You forgot Pfleger, or whatever his name is. And they still need room for William Ayers. 

ilbob

• friend
    • Bob's blog
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2008, 05:50:43 AM »

Because the Black Separatist Church has about as much to do with the traditional Catholic church as a Nation of Islam mosque has to do with an ordinary mosque? 
The priest involved is a white catholic priest.
bob

Disclaimers: I am not a lawyer, cop, soldier, gunsmith, politician, plumber, electrician, or a professional practitioner of many of the other things I comment on in this forum.

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2008, 06:00:48 AM »

The priest involved is a white catholic priest.

Yes? Race has nothing to do with a cause. That church is a cause, and a culture of racism. Doesn't matter what race the guy is...didn't you hear what he said? And the audience's approving response?

Never heard a Catholic priest talk like that anywhere else. They'd be told to leave immediately.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2008, 06:27:13 AM »
Isn't this the same bus we used to see back in the '60s?

Now it's Barack Obama and his Merry Pranksters. grin
"Domari nolo."

Molon Labe.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2008, 12:50:25 PM »
Not to be outdone, Republicans bring out our own nutty priest.    shocked

yesitsloaded

• friends
« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2008, 06:23:36 PM »
I switched to moderate libertarian after the Patriot Act I, I don't claim the republicans anymore. It really is such a shame to see them do this to themselves though. Church and state folks, church and state.
I can haz nukular banstiks ? Say no to furries, yes to people.