Author Topic: Is there any more room under Obama's bus?  (Read 9614 times)

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
Re: Is there any more room under Obama's bus?
« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2008, 06:32:23 PM »
"Church and state folks, church and state."

When a candidate talks about his church, it's fair game.

yesitsloaded

• friends
« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2008, 06:38:53 PM »
I was referring to the use of religion to drive an agenda that is completely non-related to the claimed faith of the so called church. Church and state are not supposed to be separated merely because of the 1st amendment. Think of how many people have been killed when political leaders have committed terrible acts while hiding behind a claimed religion. I consider myself a believer, but am very wary of any church that says anything political outside of definite biblical doctrine.
I can haz nukular banstiks ? Say no to furries, yes to people.

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2008, 04:19:13 AM »
Think of how many people have been killed when political leaders have committed terrible acts while hiding behind a claimed religion.

Sandbox, yes. US, not so much.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #28 on: June 03, 2008, 04:31:07 AM »
The priest involved is a white catholic priest.

Who interestingly sounds more ghetto than a rapper. Is he Vanilla Ice's dad or something? What is it with white people (it always seems to be suburban WASPs or Jerry Springer guests) who do the "black ghetto-speak" thing? The most irritating of all was that singer who played Will Smith's wingman in "Independence Day".

These people obviously did not grow up in the surroundings that would have naturally modified their speech patterns. They have to work at changing their native patterns. Do they truly believe it ingratiates them into "poor black society" or whatever demographic they're attempting to impress? It looks so obviously contrived and forced that it's ridiculous.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #29 on: June 03, 2008, 06:06:48 AM »

Who interestingly sounds more ghetto than a rapper. Is he Vanilla Ice's dad or something? What is it with white people (it always seems to be suburban WASPs or Jerry Springer guests) who do the "black ghetto-speak" thing? The most irritating of all was that singer who played Will Smith's wingman in "Independence Day".

These people obviously did not grow up in the surroundings that would have naturally modified their speech patterns. They have to work at changing their native patterns. Do they truly believe it ingratiates them into "poor black society" or whatever demographic they're attempting to impress? It looks so obviously contrived and forced that it's ridiculous.

urbandictionary.com can help:
wigger

Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #30 on: June 03, 2008, 06:08:37 AM »

urbandictionary.com can help:
wigger

Be warned that urbandictionary will set off most workplace firewall filters...

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #31 on: June 03, 2008, 06:32:37 AM »
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #32 on: June 03, 2008, 08:40:07 AM »
The magical mystery tour is coming to take you away...
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

Manedwolf

• friend
Jerusalem goes under the bus!
« Reply #33 on: June 06, 2008, 04:43:49 AM »
Now he just stuffed an entire city under the bus!

He didn't mean what he said he didn't say he meant.

Presumptive Democratic presidential nominee Barack Obama did not rule out Palestinian sovereignty over parts of Jerusalem when he called for Israels capital to remain undivided, his campaign told The Jerusalem Post Thursday.

Democratic presidential candidate Sen. Barack Obama addresses AIPAC Policy Conference 2008, Wednesday.

Jerusalem will remain the capital of Israel, and it must remain undivided, Obama declared Wednesday, to rousing applause from the 7,000-plus attendees at the American Israel Public Affairs Committee policy conference.

But a campaign adviser clarified Thursday that Obama believes Jerusalem is a final status issue, which means it has to be negotiated between the two parties as part of an agreement that they both can live with.

http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?cid=1212659672984&pagename=JPost%2FJPArticle%2FShowFull

Obama Clarifies Remarks on Jerusalem

Updated 9:10 p.m.
By Glenn Kessler
Facing criticism from Palestinians, Sen. Barack Obama acknowledged today that the status of Jerusalem will need to be negotiated in future peace talks, amending a statement earlier in the week that Jerusalem "must remain undivided."

Obama, during a speech Wednesday to the American Israel Public Affairs Committee, a pro-israel lobbying group, had called for Jerusalem to become the site of the U.S. embassy, a frequent pledge for U.S. presidential candidates. (It is now in Tel Aviv.) But his statement that Jerusalem should be the undivided capital of Israel drew a swift rebuke from Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas.

"This statement is totally rejected," Abbas told reporters in Ramallah. "The whole world knows that holy Jerusalem was occupied in 1967 and we will not accept a Palestinian state without having Jerusalem as the capital of a Palestinian state."

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/the-trail/2008/06/05/obama_backtracks_on_jerusalem.html

Is that a new record for flip-flopping? What a freaking CLOWN! Also, apparently he did this due to "pressure" from the Palis. Preview of his foreign policy.

If he makes it into office, we and all our allies are completely screwed.

agricola

• friend
« Reply #34 on: June 06, 2008, 05:34:11 AM »
Even for politicians, claiming Jerusalem will be undivided while remarking that it probably wont be, is a remarkable state of affairs.  Sadly, such is his support amongst the entirity of the media (Murdoch has endorsed him as well, so I doubt Fox will be going after him anytime soon) - that we are unlikely to see this displayed widely.   The world expects you to do your Duty, Yanks!

"Idiot!  A long life eating mush is best."
"Make peace, you fools"

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #35 on: June 06, 2008, 07:58:11 PM »
Charby, that is the freakinist thing I have seen in some time.  I'm scared.   sad

I'm not sure about the people you're talking about, but I have seen a lot of white kids growing up in diverse neighborhoods (i.e., the crummy part of town where I live right now), for whom I think the ghetto-speak is not forced or unnatural.  Some of them have seem to have more black than white friends, and probably spend a lot of time in black homes.  Additionally, the pop culture makes that patois seem very cool and confident, so it doesn't seem that odd that kids in less-than-upscale neighborhoods would adopt it as they grow up. 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #36 on: June 07, 2008, 06:04:16 AM »
What is it with white people (it always seems to be suburban WASPs or Jerry Springer guests) who do the "black ghetto-speak" thing?

we call em the grey boys   there is another nastier term i reserve for face to face with one  when you wanna force em
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #37 on: June 08, 2008, 06:20:25 AM »
We live in the Age of Justin Timberlake.   We all need to do some soul-searching to know how we got here; that will tell us how we get out.  But it's not just the lost loser kids fantasizing about thugs, pimps, and hos, it's the 60-year-old white men, educated, that I know who want to seem cool, hip, and young, and have half-succeeded by never really growing up.  You could do that in the last forty years and get away with it.

We've been on a flight from reason and responsibility for decades, and Obama is the inevitable manifestation of magical thinking backed by the power of special interest groups like the teachers' unions.  They raised two generations of American know-nothings and now they want the Presidency.

"Domari nolo."

Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #38 on: June 10, 2008, 05:04:12 AM »
http://article.nationalreview.com/?q=ZmM4YjVhZjg5NDFiZmI5M2ZlNWNiMWNiZDAwZjQ2NDM=

Modern Liberals, Whine Connoisseurs
An introductory class from Barack & Michelle Obama.

By Peter Schweizer

We now are down to two presidential candidates. One went to the Ivy League and Harvard Law School as a young man. The other spent years of his youth in a Vietnam Prisoner of War camp and suffered lifelong injuries. Guess which one whines more about his hardships?

Barack Obama is many things  a senator, a gifted orator, and a charismatic figure. But hes also a whiner.

In recent months hes complained about the questions during the ABC News debate with Hillary Clinton because they were not to his liking and whined that the media coverage of McCain wasnt harsh enough. (Pretty rich coming from Obama.) He whines that scrutiny of his wifes statements are mean and low class and that media scrutiny of his connection to convicted felon Tony Rezko is unfair because he was poorly served by his staff. He claims he is a victim in the Rev. Wright controversy and that the black church is being harshly attacked. Then there is the non-whine whine in the NBC News debate, in which he said that Hillary Clinton has consistently sent out negative attacks on us, email, robo-calls, flyers, television ads, radio calls, and we havent whined about it&.

Michelle Obama whines about the burdens of paying for piano lessons and summer camp for the kids, and the paying off the student loans for her two Ivy League degrees. The salaries dont keep up with the cost of paying off the debt, she complained when they Obamas cleared half a million a year, so youre in your 40s, still paying off your debt at a time when you have to save for your kids. America is just downright mean, she whines and then tells an audience recently in Charlotte, N.C. that they (whoever that might be) were constantly changing the rules for the contest and that they are constantly trying to undermine her husband. They raise the bar. Raise the bar. Shift it to the side. Keep it just out of reach. Gee, isnt this about the delegate count?

But the Obamas penchant for whining didnt begin with the presidential campaign. Michelle Obama, in her Princeton undergraduate thesis titled Princeton-Educated Blacks and the Black Community, complains of further integration and/or assimilation into a white cultural and social structure that will only allow me to remain on the periphery of society; never becoming a full participant. Never mind that she just graduated from a prestigious Ivy League school. Barack Obama complains throughout his book Dreams From My Father about the slights, insults, and injustices he suffered. Not that there is anything dramatic. There were those two white friends who came to an all-black party and kept smiling a lot because they were uncomfortable. When they told him after I can see how it must be tough for you and at sometimes being the only black guys and all. This offends Obama, who writes, A part of me wanted to punch him right there. Obama complains about white mans rules, and how unjust things are, but cant really offer any difficulty or act of outright bigotry that happened to him. People were satisfied so long as you were courteous and smiled and made no sudden moves. Alas, the harsh light of oppression.

Barack Obama published this memoir of complaint just five years after leaving law school. Senator John McCain waited 25 years to write a book about the real-life horrors of life in a prisoner of war camp.

Many observers believe that Barack Obama secured the liberal base of the Democratic party because he was antiwar from the beginning. But I think its because he mastered the art of complaining and won over the Whine Caucus. Today the Democratic party is dominated by groups making claims of victim status  blacks, Hispanics, Asians, Native Americans, unwed mothers, artists, pampered academics, environmental activists, the poor, the unemployed, animal rights activists, women, homosexuals. As Michael Crowley openly admits on Slate: What does define and unify the [Democratic] party is a sense of victimhood.

A wide body of research shows that modern liberals are much more likely to complain about things in their lives. Conservatives are more content with their lives. When asked How satisfied are you with life these days? Sixty-six percent of conservatives said very satisfied compared with only 46 percent of liberals. Conservatives are more likely to say they love their jobs (53 percent vs. 41 percent) and even enjoy their hobbies more (63 percent vs. 51 percent). When asked by the Social Capital Survey whether they were satisfied with their income, liberals were more than three times as likely to say not at all satisfied  even when they earned the same as conservatives.

When it comes to something like housework, Democrats are much more likely to complain that the division of work in their home is unfair to me than Republicans. In fact, they are five times as likely to whine about it. Another study in The Journal of Applied Psychology found that feminist women do less housework than traditional women  but complain more about it.

On a more serious note, researchers writing in The American Journal of Psychiatry and The Journal of Marriage and Family found that liberals are more likely to attempt suicide than conservatives.

Liberals are also more likely to whine that they are unhappy in their marriages and declare that their health is fair or poor than conservatives. Even when you control for income, these gaps exist. Unless you are willing to believe that certain illnesses afflict only certain political groups, something else is at work here.

Barack Obama understands the language of victimhood and uses it effectively. And victimhood has become a central tenant of modern liberalism. As Kenneth Minogue argues in his classic book The Liberal Mind, modern liberalism is completely wrapped up in suffering situations.

So as the campaign continues, get used to more acts of whining and complaining. Its part of modern liberalism. Wendy Kaminer understood this perfectly when she wrote in The Atlantic Monthly: Personally, I reserve the right to complain and even whine about whatever injustices are visited upon me  bad haircuts, bad boyfriends, and bad reviews. I have always believed in complaining  in one view, that makes me a liberal.

Peter Schweizer is author of Makers and Takers: Conservatives Work Harder, Feel Happier, Have Closer Families, Take Fewer Drugs, Give More Generously, Value Honesty More, Are Less Materialistic and Envious, Whine Less...and Even Hug Their Children More Than Liberals.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #39 on: June 10, 2008, 05:46:54 AM »
My advice to Schweizer:

The first step toward sobriety is to realize that Obama is neither gifted nor charismatic.  Stop repeating the b.s. on B.O.  He is just the collective projection of millions of psychologically maimed Americans who shouldn't be permitted anywhere near a voting booth.
"Domari nolo."

Molon Labe.

MechAg94

• friend
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #41 on: June 11, 2008, 11:56:44 AM »
We live in the Age of Justin Timberlake.   We all need to do some soul-searching to know how we got here; that will tell us how we get out.  But it's not just the lost loser kids fantasizing about thugs, pimps, and hos, it's the 60-year-old white men, educated, that I know who want to seem cool, hip, and young, and have half-succeeded by never really growing up.  You could do that in the last forty years and get away with it.

We've been on a flight from reason and responsibility for decades, and Obama is the inevitable manifestation of magical thinking backed by the power of special interest groups like the teachers' unions.  They raised two generations of American know-nothings and now they want the Presidency.

Anyone got a link to the opening of Office Space where Michael Bolton is stuck in traffic?  grin cheesy I love that movie.....
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.