Author Topic: George Lucas calls Obama a "Hero in the making".  (Read 8814 times)

wmenorr67

• friend
Re: George Lucas calls Obama a "Hero in the making".
« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2008, 12:34:04 AM »
Send it to Bogie.  He might do it.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2008, 08:24:34 AM »
Damn Indiana Jones 4 sucked....

What!? It was awesome, Cheesy
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2008, 09:03:17 AM »
I thought Iron Man was pretty good.

I think the real reason comic book movies are coming in now is that CGI these days allows them to show all the effects as they want to.  Most of those hero movies in the 70's were pretty lame by comparison.  Of course, the downside of CGI is making the movies feel completely unreal. 

I agree on Hollywood's general lack of creativity.  Comic book stories come with ready made plots and storylines for the first movie and sequels. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #28 on: June 06, 2008, 03:12:44 PM »
Back on the original topic, there is absolutely nothing new about Hollywood elites falling in love with the liberal candidate. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #29 on: June 10, 2008, 06:16:38 AM »
And nothing new about George Lucas selling myth.  I think he has Obama confused with Gilgamesh and Beowulf.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #30 on: June 10, 2008, 10:12:14 AM »
Most of the Obama supporters aren't educated enough for that.  I think they see Obama as Rufus, Bill, and Ted all roled into one, but instead of the Wild Stallions, it will be his Presidency that will bring the universe into harmony. 

Surely, all of you have heard of Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure.  Cheesy

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #31 on: June 10, 2008, 10:20:30 AM »
And nothing new about George Lucas selling myth.  I think he has Obama confused with Gilgamesh and Beowulf.

...or Lando Calrissian....  laugh
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

StopTheGrays

• friend
  • bah...
« Reply #32 on: June 11, 2008, 05:11:30 AM »
"We have a hero in the making back in the United States today because we have a new candidate for president of the United States, Barack Obama," Lucas said when asked who his childhood heroes were.

Wouldn't that be like someone over 50 saying Brett Favre was their childhood hero?
Does any image illustrate so neatly the wrongheadedness of the Obama administration than Americans scrambling in terror from Air Force One?
Just great…Chicago politics has spread to all 57 states.
They told me if I voted for John McCain, my country would look like it is run by people with a disturbing affinity towards fascism. And they were right!

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #33 on: June 11, 2008, 08:46:38 AM »
The only thing heroic in Barack is his uncanny ability to avoid Michelle's rolled-up NY Times.  He's back to smoking cigarettes, I hear.  He's done with the greenies.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

xavier fremboe

• friends
  • All-American Meanie
    • The Shop
« Reply #34 on: June 11, 2008, 08:48:11 AM »
The only thing heroic in Barack is his uncanny ability to avoid Michelle's rolled-up NY Times.  He's back to smoking cigarettes, I hear.  He's done with the greenies.
Yeah, I heard he fell off the Nicorette wagon today.  Stress getting to him?
If the bandersnatch seems even mildly frumious, best to shun it.  Really. http://www.cctplastics.com