Author Topic: Obama uses same line over again for new scandal, people nod along...  (Read 8845 times)

Manedwolf

• friend
Obama issued a statement saying he was saddened, adding, This isnt the Tony Rezko I knew, but now he has been convicted by a jury on multiple charges that once again shine a spotlight on the need for reform.

Wasn't the Father Pfleger he knew.
Wasn't the Reverend Wright he knew.
Wasn't the Samantha Powers he knew.
Wasn't the William Ayers he knew.
Wasn't the Robert Malley he knew.

How many freaking times is he going to get away with saying he didn't know the people he knew for up to 20 years or more?

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5iQRxkYTsoPZU4eCBGiXoTgkGtScAD913KDM80

El Tejon

• friend
    • http://www.kirkfreemanlaw.com
Re: Obama uses same line over again for new scandal, people nod along...
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2008, 08:58:11 AM »
As many as it takes to get him elected.
I do not smoke pot, wear Wookie suits, live in my mom's basement, collect unemployment checks or eat Cheetoes, therefore I am not a Ron Paul voter.

xavier fremboe

• friends
  • All-American Meanie
    • The Shop
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2008, 09:09:24 AM »
Obama issued a statement saying he was saddened, adding, This isnt the Tony Rezko I knew, but now he has been convicted by a jury on multiple charges that once again shine a spotlight on the need for reform.

Wasn't the Father Pfleger he knew.

How many freaking times is he going to get away with saying he didn't know the people he knew for up to 20 years or more?

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5iQRxkYTsoPZU4eCBGiXoTgkGtScAD913KDM80

How many wheels on a campaign bus?  Gotta chock those wheels somehow...
If the bandersnatch seems even mildly frumious, best to shun it.  Really. http://www.cctplastics.com

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2008, 09:11:47 AM »
And nobody has taken this as an idea that if you don't believe that he knew what they really were (I think he did), that if you think he's innocent, then that means the man is apparently a lousy judge of character?

El Tejon

• friend
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2008, 09:22:30 AM »
I used to see Ayers at Obama's place on 54th Street all the time.  Ayers was his point man for the old radical club for his Senate run when the Illinois Republicans imploded.

Obama knows who Billy Ayers is and respects him for it.
I do not smoke pot, wear Wookie suits, live in my mom's basement, collect unemployment checks or eat Cheetoes, therefore I am not a Ron Paul voter.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2008, 10:17:22 AM »
Obama gets away with it, and will continue to get away with it, because a sizeable chunk of the American electorate is either stupid, drugged, malignantly narcissistic, or lacking in all curiosity.  It gives me no pleasure to believe that a lot of my fellow citizens and voters lack the rational faculties essential to a responsible republic, but that conclusion is inescapable when I watch Obama pass off a string of bromides and canards as a "brilliant speech."  The guy is a demagogue or, more prosaically, a slick bullshit artist who appears to have found a receptive audience in the Boomer Baby generation and their spoiled offspring.

The country has changed; what we will learn in November is how much.  I remain hopeful that McCain, the warty one, will still emerge victorious and save us from the brink so we can start rebuilding a more vigorous liberty-centered movement.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2008, 11:12:12 AM »
Big part of the problem is that 99%+ of the people out there have not clue one who Rezko or Ayres is shoot 80%+ probably don't know who Obama is but will vote for him because he said "Change"

"Che"nge we can believe in!
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

agricola

• friend
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2008, 11:17:52 AM »
Obama gets away with it, and will continue to get away with it, because a sizeable chunk of the American electorate is either stupid, drugged, malignantly narcissistic, or lacking in all curiosity.  It gives me no pleasure to believe that a lot of my fellow citizens and voters lack the rational faculties essential to a responsible republic, but that conclusion is inescapable when I watch Obama pass off a string of bromides and canards as a "brilliant speech."  The guy is a demagogue or, more prosaically, a slick bullshit artist who appears to have found a receptive audience in the Boomer Baby generation and their spoiled offspring.

The country has changed; what we will learn in November is how much.  I remain hopeful that McCain, the warty one, will still emerge victorious and save us from the brink so we can start rebuilding a more vigorous liberty-centered movement.

I will say this for the umpteenth time, but this election is very similar to the 1997 General Election over here.  I hope you lot have more sense than we showed then.
"Idiot!  A long life eating mush is best."
"Make peace, you fools"

El Tejon

• friend
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2008, 11:19:58 AM »
Well, if the Tories start running the tree commerical over here, then I will panic. grin

86thecat

« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2008, 12:17:30 PM »
"Wasn't the Father Pfleger he knew.

How many freaking times is he going to get away with saying he didn't know the people he knew for up to 20 years or more? "

And this is the candidate who thinks he can solve the worlds problems by talking with enemies of the US. If he can't figure people out in 20 years he will surely do well in a 20 minute meeting.

mek42

« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2008, 03:38:01 PM »
It would be nice to hear him say, "Yes, Wright is a very racially motivated holdout from the Malcolm X days and I do not totally agree with him regarding his race views but by God he gives a good sermon on Easter," or something like that.

Have we gotten to the point where elected officials cannot say "I'm wrong" or "Yes, this does look bad" anymore?  This spans both parties and is very sad.

grampster

• friend
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2008, 03:52:30 PM »
Cough, ahem.  You guys are missing the obvious regarding Obama wanting to talk with terrorists, autocrats, racists, dictators and despots.  He be one of 'em.  His talks will be productive in that they will give him guidance and mentor him just like the home grown ones have for the last 20-30 years.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2008, 03:53:53 PM »
Cough, ahem.  You guys are missing the obvious regarding Obama wanting to talk with terrorists, autocrats, racists, dictators and despots.  He be one of 'em.  His talks will be productive in that they will give him guidance and mentor him just like the home grown ones have for the last 20-30 years.

Eh. I just think he's like a horrible blend of Carter and Chamberlain.

nico

• friend
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2008, 05:18:39 PM »
in the not so distant future:

President Obama issued a statement saying he was saddened, adding, This isnt the Mahmoud Ahmadinejad I met with, but now he has been convicted by an international court on multiple charges that once again shine a spotlight on the need for more UN intervention.

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2008, 07:25:53 PM »
Obama's campaign is clearly aware of the weakness argument.

I predict that if he gets elected, he'll pick the most defenseless country possible with terrorist looking people, and bomb it to show his willingness to wage war.
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

agricola

• friend
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2008, 09:47:13 PM »

I predict that if he gets elected, he'll pick the most defenseless country possible with terrorist looking people, and bomb it to show his willingness to wage war.

dont say that, we have a large muslim population, all our army is in iraq or afganistan, and we have no guns

shocked grin
"Idiot!  A long life eating mush is best."
"Make peace, you fools"

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2008, 09:53:14 PM »

dont say that, we have a large muslim population, all our army is in iraq or afganistan, and we have no guns

shocked grin

HA!

But yeah...we're talking a whole new level of defenseless here-I predict something like attacking villages with "terror leaders from Sudan" in Chad or something roughly similar.

Not sure what the pretext will be, but you can bet that the criteria for being hit by Obama will include having no access to water, electricity, or transportation.
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2008, 10:10:49 PM »
So voting for the Peace President again, are ya? angel
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2008, 09:10:16 AM »

shocked grin

HA!

But yeah...we're talking a whole new level of defenseless here-I predict something like attacking villages with "terror leaders from Sudan" in Chad or something roughly similar.

Not sure what the pretext will be, but you can bet that the criteria for being hit by Obama will include having no access to water, electricity, or transportation.
I predict somewhere in Africa at least. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2008, 09:11:38 AM »
It would be nice to hear him say, "Yes, Wright is a very racially motivated holdout from the Malcolm X days and I do not totally agree with him regarding his race views but by God he gives a good sermon on Easter," or something like that.

Have we gotten to the point where elected officials cannot say "I'm wrong" or "Yes, this does look bad" anymore?  This spans both parties and is very sad.
I agree with that sentiment.  Candidates will not accept any negative however small.  They always run from it.  The media would probably eat it up if he did that.  Of course, they would eat it up no matter what he did.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2008, 09:31:53 AM »
Looks like he's picked up George Galloway as a supporter, too.

Werewolf

• friend
  • Lead, Follow or Get the HELL out of the WAY!
« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2008, 10:03:37 AM »
And this is the candidate who thinks he can solve the worlds problems by talking with enemies of the US. If he can't figure people out in 20 years he will surely do well in a 20 minute meeting.

After his first meeting with Ahminijad (sp?) they'll be butt buddies. We'll be sending nuclear tech to Iran (for peaceful uses only of course) within months.

What happens after that is anyone's guess...

It won't be pretty though - nope - not pretty at all.
Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love
truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile.

Fight Me Online

86thecat

« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2008, 12:56:42 PM »
Don't you have to take the Mau Mau oath to be one of Bama's buddies?

xavier fremboe

• friends
  • All-American Meanie
    • The Shop
« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2008, 01:53:38 PM »

After his first meeting with Ahminijad (sp?) they'll be butt buddies. We'll be sending nuclear tech to Iran (for peaceful uses only of course) within months.

What happens after that is anyone's guess...

It won't be pretty though - nope - not pretty at all.
But, there are no homosexuals in Iran!!! Mahmoud said so!!
If the bandersnatch seems even mildly frumious, best to shun it.  Really. http://www.cctplastics.com

The Annoyed Man

« Reply #24 on: June 06, 2008, 01:54:38 PM »
Like all those people at the Whitehouse who said 'this is not the Scott McClellan we knew'.  laugh