Author Topic: Stick a fork in her....  (Read 10939 times)

Manedwolf

• friend
Re: Stick a fork in her....
« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2008, 08:00:57 AM »
Because the notion that a VP of the US would have the sitting President assasinated or even have the power and/or ability to do such a thing is asinine.  The whole idea can only be believable by paranoid conspiracy freaks who don't live in the same world as the rest of humanity.

I'm sorry, but why couldn't a VP have a President whacked?  Oswald did it.  Hinckley nearly did it.  What gives? 
Oswald and Hinckley were individuals who can stay off the radar just by shutting the fork up.

How and who would a VP have whack a president? He certainly couldn't do it himself. Who's he gonna get to find the one whack job out there who'd be willing to try and off a president. Too many people involved, too much potential for shooting off of the mouth. Too many people watching.

Sorry but the notion that a VP could have his/her president bumped off (with out  getting caught) is just a ways out there.

Character assassination with plausible deniability. Cause a Nixon-level scandal that requires resignation.

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2008, 10:00:12 AM »
He was joking.

Some here just don't have a sense of humor, it appears.

They'd not get the irony in the fact that I dump used rifle brass onto aforementioned Grassy Knoll each time I visit Dallas, either.

So the shooter on the Grassy Knoll didn't use .17HMR to fire the "magic bullet"?....  undecided
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #27 on: June 09, 2008, 10:19:41 AM »
He was joking.

Some here just don't have a sense of humor, it appears.

They'd not get the irony in the fact that I dump used rifle brass onto aforementioned Grassy Knoll each time I visit Dallas, either.

So the shooter on the Grassy Knoll didn't use .17HMR to fire the "magic bullet"?....  undecided

No, it was probably the .338 Lapua which was used. It's the environmentally friendly round to use. grin

.338 Lapua Magnum Naturalis

" Controlled and optimized expansion, ideal penetration, powerful shock effect
" Solid and unbreakable construction, weight retention up to 100 % Reinforces the "one bullet theory"
" Unique Lapua technology
" Copper bullet offers environmentally friendly alternative
" A clean shot - minimized meat loss
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #28 on: June 09, 2008, 10:21:40 AM »
Gyro-jet.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #29 on: June 09, 2008, 03:46:01 PM »
Such a silly way to die ... slipping on spilled tea and breaking his neck  shocked

Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #30 on: June 09, 2008, 04:30:48 PM »
Such a silly way to die ... slipping on spilled tea and breaking his neck  shocked

That only happens in Tom Clancy novels.....
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #31 on: June 09, 2008, 04:36:25 PM »

That only happens in Tom Clancy novels.....

Would you have ever thought polonium in tea, or a ricin-tipped umbrella could happen in the real world?

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #32 on: June 09, 2008, 04:38:29 PM »
If the Klintons could have people whacked (fairly blatantly, too) while in office........
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #33 on: June 11, 2008, 04:08:49 AM »
I can't believe we are sitting around the campfire discussing how Obama might Obamanate America.  To really do that he'd have to breach the Constitution in major ways.  We are all just going to let that happen?

We here (or at least most of us) aren't willing to sit around and let it happen, but there aren't many options. There are a hell of a lot of idiots out there who can only gaze at Obama with that glazed over look while drooling and spouting "Change! Hope! Change! We can do it!". And they all can vote, just like you.

And, Obama can do nothing wrong in the eyes of the media, who look at him much the same way. He's the New Messiah.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #34 on: June 11, 2008, 04:09:38 AM »
I can't believe we are sitting around the campfire discussing how Obama might Obamanate America.  To really do that he'd have to breach the Constitution in major ways.  We are all just going to let that happen?

We here (or at least most of us) aren't willing to sit around and let it happen, but there aren't many options. There are a hell of a lot of idiots out there who can only gaze at Obama with that glazed over look while drooling and spouting "Change! Hope! Change! We can do it!". And they all can vote, just like you.

And, Obama can do nothing wrong in the eyes of the media, who look at him much the same way. He's the New Messiah.

If you try to stop a stampede, you just get trampled.