Author Topic: Kucinich is reading articles of impeachment on House floor  (Read 10809 times)

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
Re: Kucinich is reading articles of impeachment on House floor
« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2008, 05:54:36 AM »
The Democrats aren't going to impeach Bush, though they could and should.  Sort of a professional courtesy among criminals, I suppose  rolleyes
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

HankB

• friend
« Reply #26 on: June 10, 2008, 06:06:13 AM »
The Democrats aren't going to impeach Bush, though they could and should. 
Thing is, any Articles of Impeachment the Dems would draw up wouldn't be for the things that Bush ought to be impeached for - like failing to deal with the influx of millions upon millions of foreign criminals invading our country.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2008, 06:15:42 AM »
millions upon millions of foreign criminals invading our country

Oh, you mean "guest voters" ?   laugh
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

alan2

« Reply #28 on: June 10, 2008, 07:32:44 AM »
Re the above, possibly an interesting idea, perhapss something that should have been PREVIOUSLY taken up.

At this point in time, how much longer is Bush going to be in office, I submit that impeachment is something that isn't going to happen.

The Annoyed Man

« Reply #29 on: June 10, 2008, 08:31:49 AM »
Understand, I am no fan of Bill Clinton. But 'party payback'? If impeachment charges can be brought up against Clinton for getting a B.J., we'd be foolish to think the Democrats won't bring forth impeachment [of Bush] for deceiving the country into what many consider an unjust war.

xavier fremboe

• friends
  • All-American Meanie
    • The Shop
« Reply #30 on: June 10, 2008, 09:39:50 AM »
Mmm. I sort of like Dennis. I disagree with him on almost every point, but there's a noble quality to him.
It's from his time carrying the One Ring.
If the bandersnatch seems even mildly frumious, best to shun it.  Really. http://www.cctplastics.com

Marnoot

• friend
« Reply #31 on: June 10, 2008, 09:43:43 AM »
Mmm. I sort of like Dennis. I disagree with him on almost every point, but there's a noble quality to him.
It's from his time carrying the One Ring.
grin

The Annoyed Man

« Reply #32 on: June 10, 2008, 10:59:37 AM »
Bush won't be impeached, but a President Obama might well be.  There's impeachment in the air, the result of too many betrayals by too many people over the years.

Or, a 'President Obama' may well investigate and prosecute the crimes of the Bush Administration.  That's almost as good as impeachment.  I wonder if Cheney can squeal like a pig.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #33 on: June 10, 2008, 01:51:25 PM »
Understand, I am no fan of Bill Clinton. But 'party payback'? If impeachment charges can be brought up against Clinton for getting a B.J., we'd be foolish to think the Democrats won't bring forth impeachment [of Bush] for deceiving the country into what many consider an unjust war.

They've had almost eight years to do so.  They have had over a year with a majority in both houses, but have yet to make a serious attempt.  So it ain't so foolish, I guess. 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #34 on: June 10, 2008, 04:11:01 PM »
Or, a 'President Obama' may well investigate and prosecute the crimes of the Bush Administration.  That's almost as good as impeachment.  I wonder if Cheney can squeal like a pig.

So we've been hearing.  But that would be very ill-advised.  Political trials of former heads of state is something most Americans associate with violent, benighted nations.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

Hugh Damright

• friend
« Reply #35 on: June 10, 2008, 07:05:31 PM »
'party payback'? If impeachment charges can be brought up against Clinton for getting a B.J.
People still repeating this propaganda? The way I remember it, Clinton was impeached for perjuring himself, it came about because of allegations from Paula Jones, and since it was his word against hers there was a question about whether Clinton had a pattern of behavior such as Paula Jones described, and women came forward, I can't remember all their names now .. but Clinton denied and denied but when it came to Monica she had evidence and Clinton was busted and IIRC he had to pay off Paula. So let's be clear on this now, Clinton was not impeached for getting a B.J., he was impeached for perjuring himself over sexual allegations.

we'd be foolish to think the Democrats won't bring forth impeachment [of Bush] for deceiving the country into what many consider an unjust war.
And there's the propaganda again - Bush deceived the country i.e. he lied just like Clinton i.e. republicans do it too. I don't think so.

Matthew Carberry

• Formerly carebear
  • friend
  • Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
« Reply #36 on: June 10, 2008, 09:18:47 PM »

So we've been hearing.  But that would be very ill-advised.  Political trials of former heads of state is something most Americans associate with violent, benighted nations.

And a certain way to ensure that politicians begin to do whatever it takes for them or their party to remain in power.

We're talking corruption and killing on a scale this country has never seen.

The criminal justice system cannot be allowed to be used for mere political retribution.
"Not all unwise laws are unconstitutional laws, even where constitutional rights are potentially involved." - Eugene Volokh

"As for affecting your movement, your Rascal should be able to achieve the the same speeds no matter what holster rig you are wearing."

PTK

• friends
« Reply #37 on: June 11, 2008, 01:24:07 AM »
Isn't this sort of just... acting? So that people say "wow, Democrats are really doing somethingTM!"
"Only lucky people grow old." - Frederick L.
September 1915 - August 2008

"If you really do have cancer "this time", then this is your own fault. Like the little boy who cried wolf."

LAK

• friend
« Reply #38 on: June 11, 2008, 02:31:42 AM »
Yep; more WWF. G Bush should have been impeached a long time ago. Bill Clinton should have been impeached, then tried, on two counts - not one. And George's father should have been impeached as well.

No, it is not going to happen. In World Wrestling the "combatants" never really deliver those forearm smashes, headbutts, etc. The idea is to convince enough gullible people to buy the tickets, merchandise and keep them occupied.

--------------------------------

http://searchronpaul.com
http://ussliberty.org/oldindex.html
http://www.gtr5.com
http://ssunitedstates.org

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #39 on: June 11, 2008, 02:48:33 AM »

i think you need to look at our history more
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

HankB

• friend
« Reply #40 on: June 11, 2008, 03:18:09 AM »
I'll start you with three words: Lyndon Baines Johnson.

. . . Clinton was not impeached for getting a B.J., he was impeached for perjuring himself over sexual allegations.
As was pointed out at the time, hundreds of "lesser" people have gone to prison for perjuring themselves about sexual allegations.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Matthew Carberry

• Formerly carebear
  • friend
  • Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
« Reply #41 on: June 11, 2008, 05:54:44 PM »
Once again the valiant Democrats narrowly avoided the Republican ploy to force them to actually vote on the Articles and instead punted by shipping them off to keep the Cheney articles company in the round file.

Man up nancies, quit running your yaps if you aren't willing to back it up.  You're embarrassing yourselves.
"Not all unwise laws are unconstitutional laws, even where constitutional rights are potentially involved." - Eugene Volokh

"As for affecting your movement, your Rascal should be able to achieve the the same speeds no matter what holster rig you are wearing."