Author Topic: Dems have even crazier conspiracy theorists (Denver convention)  (Read 7251 times)

Manedwolf

• friend
On the other hand, if this were true, it might be a good thing. We all know what the Obamatons that will be there are full of...maybe it might make them think clearly! 

Activists Preparing Against Use of Brown Note at Dem Convention

Political activists planning protest rallies at the upcoming Democratic Convention in Denver have their stomachs in knots over a rumor about a crowd control weapon - known as the crap cannon - that might be unleashed against them.

Also called Brown Note, it is believed to be an infrasound frequency that debilitates a person by making them defecate involuntarily.

Mark Cohen, co-founder of Re-create 68, an alliance of local activists working for the protection of first amendment rights, said he believes this could be deployed at the convention in August to subdue crowds.

We know this weapon and weapons like it have been used at other large protests before, he said.

Cohen, who described Brown Note as a sonic weapon used to disrupt peoples equilibrium, cited eyewitness accounts of its use during free-trade agreement protests in Miami in 2003.

I think these weapons were mostly intended for military use and so their use for dealing with innocent protesters seems highly inappropriate, he said. The idea that they might be field testing them on people who are doing nothing more than exercising their first amendment rights is disturbing.

His group is preparing against a possible attack by Brown Note and other crowd-control measures by dispatching street medics at the convention trained in treating injuries in demonstration situations.

Its all we can do, Cohen said.

So is the Brown Note a real threat?

Dr. Roger Schwenke - an expert acoustician who appeared on the Discovery Channels Mythbusters in 2004 to test the phenomenon - told FOXNews.com there is no scientific evidence that proves such frequencies cause involuntary defecation.

When we conducted the low frequency experiment for the Brown Note episode of MythBusters, we tested a variety of low frequencies and no involuntary gastro-intestinal motility was caused, he said.

But Schwenke acknowledged the low-frequency exposure did cause an adverse effect. Several people  including himself  reported abdominal discomfort, he said, which was easily alleviated by moving a moderate distance away from the source.

Adding to the Brown Note rumor is a refusal by Denvers Mayor John W. Hickenlooper to release details of what was purchased with $18 million of a $50 million federal grant the city received to pay for convention security, despite a lawsuit filed by ACLU.

Cohens group is calling on the administration to disclose what measures will be taken.

In a statement released to FOXNews.com, city spokeswoman Sue Cobb said, commenting on specific security preparations is not helpful to ensuring their effectiveness. I can say, however, that all of our security-related purchases for the Democratic National Convention will comply with federal and City requirements. We are working closely with the U.S. Department of Justice to ensure that the $50 million federal security grant is spent on personnel and equipment in the manner required by the grant.

Denvers police Department wouldnt comment on the tactics that will be used during the convention, but a spokesman said that we do support and encourage people to express their views safely and in a manner that respects the rights of others along with the laws and ordinances of our city.

But Glenn Spangnuolo, also with Re-create 68, isnt taking any chances. He said he has no doubt that Brown Note exists, and is preparing his group for confrontation. Whether it causes someone to defecate in their pants or not, I dont know that, said Spagnuolo. What I do know is that it causes a person to be disoriented and lose their equilibrium resulting in a nauseous feeling in their stomach.

More troubling to Spagnuolo is the Active Denial System or ADS, a ray gun used to send high levels of microwave frequencies that cause a burning sensation the skin.

He described ADS as an indiscriminate weapon and said theres no long-term testing on what happens to the body when exposed to those kinds of microwave frequencies.

Spagnuolo believes that Raytheon, the company that manufactures the weapon, is planning to test a limited-range civilian version on protesters in Denver before approving its use in places like Iraq.

Spagnuolo said he believes tactics like these are excessive. I think spending millions of dollars on weapon technologies to be used on people in our community is completely wrong, he said.

http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/06/10/activists-preparing-against-use-of-brown-note-at-dem-convention/

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
Re: Dems have even crazier conspiracy theorists (Denver convention)
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2008, 04:31:19 AM »
in the old days it was the brown acid that they worried about
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

StopTheGrays

• friend
  • bah...
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2008, 04:50:32 AM »
May I suggest this?

Does any image illustrate so neatly the wrongheadedness of the Obama administration than Americans scrambling in terror from Air Force One?
Just great…Chicago politics has spread to all 57 states.
They told me if I voted for John McCain, my country would look like it is run by people with a disturbing affinity towards fascism. And they were right!

Standing Wolf

• friend
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2008, 04:59:03 AM »
We are working closely with the U.S. Department of Justice to ensure that the $50 million federal security grant is spent on personnel and equipment in the manner required by the grant.

Yippee! Your tax dollars and mine at play!
No tyrant should ever be allowed to die of natural causes.

41magsnub

• friend
  • Don't make me assume my ultimate form!
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2008, 05:28:47 AM »
Somebody has been watching South Park...

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2008, 05:47:32 AM »
But Glenn Spangnuolo, also with Re-create 68, isnt taking any chances. He said he has no doubt that Brown Note exists, and is preparing his group for confrontation.

Interesting name.... Is he planning to start riots?
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2008, 05:50:56 AM »
But Glenn Spangnuolo, also with Re-create 68, isnt taking any chances. He said he has no doubt that Brown Note exists, and is preparing his group for confrontation.

Sounds like it! I hope they do. It'll turn more people off. I hope lots of moonbats show up and wave Soviet flags and throw stuff, and get the hose.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2008, 06:05:16 AM »
So they are all planning on getting constipated for the convention? 

Or they could OD on laxatives leading up to the convention. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2008, 06:22:36 AM »
Mark Cohen, co-founder of Re-create 68,

MY MAN !!!!!
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Antibubba

• friend
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2008, 06:57:30 AM »
I don't see the problem--don't most of them have diarrhea of the mouth as it is?
If life gives you melons, you may be dyslexic.

The Annoyed Man

« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2008, 06:58:06 AM »

Sounds like it! I hope they do. It'll turn more people off. I hope lots of moonbats show up and wave Soviet flags and throw stuff, and get the hose.
Was the Chicago riots (where Emperor Daley ordered the cops to kill arsonists) related to the DNC of 1968?

HankB

• friend
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2008, 07:03:04 AM »
Colorado has more than it's share of moonbats, and with Boulder just a short ride from Denver, we can all hope they make their presence felt at the convention.

Still, there's this little tidbit:
. . . refusal by Denvers Mayor John W. Hickenlooper to release details of what was purchased with $18 million of a $50 million federal grant . . .
Wonder if how much of it went for things like consultant's fees to Mayor Hickenlooper's family, friends, and campaign contributors . . .

Was the Chicago riots (where Emperor Daley ordered the cops to kill arsonists) related to the DNC of 1968?
No, Mayor Daley issued his "shoot to kill arsonists, shoot to maim looters" order when riots broke out after Martin Luther King was killed. Much of Detroit burned, many lives were lost, and then blacks started up in Chicago. Hizzoner Da Mayor issued the order - probably the best order of his career - and the incipient wave of rioting and arson stopped.

Daley was a scumbag, but that time, he did the right thing.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

The Annoyed Man

« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2008, 07:13:14 AM »
No, Mayor Daley issued his "shoot to kill arsonists, shoot to maim looters" order when riots broke out after Martin Luther King was killed. Much of Detroit burned, many lives were lost, and then blacks started up in Chicago. Hizzoner Da Mayor issued the order - probably the best order of his career - and the incipient wave of rioting and arson stopped.
Daley was a scumbag, but that time, he did the right thing.
Ah. Thanks for the history lesson. Yeah, I guess that was the right thing to do. I can only wish for the cops here to get the same orders when the leftists/immigrants start rioting...
"Ok, we've had it. I've called the army, they've let us borrow an armored vehichle with a .50 mounted. Do what you have to do to restore the bloody order!"

Scout26

• friend
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2008, 07:26:46 AM »
Re: The 1968 Democrat Convention

Mayor Richard J. Daley:

"Gentlemen, get the thing straight once and for all  the policeman isn't there to create disorder, the policeman is there to preserve disorder."

Hold fast by the river.
for the motherland.

anygunanywhere

« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2008, 08:12:58 AM »
How does
I think these weapons were mostly intended for military use and so their use for dealing with innocent protesters seems highly inappropriate, he said. The idea that they might be field testing them on people who are doing nothing more than exercising their first amendment rights is disturbing.
equal the riots at the 68 DNC?

Innocent protesters do not riot.

Anygunanywhere

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2008, 08:16:01 AM »
They did have to come up with something else, but I suspect it's the actually effective LRAD, the "sound cannon" that chased pirates away from a liner. ADS turned out to be an expensive and ineffectual boondoggle, since it was shown that it could be countered by being behind a microwave-reflective surface.

xavier fremboe

• friends
  • All-American Meanie
    • The Shop
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2008, 08:20:23 AM »
Wow, it's gonna be like watching the monkey exhibit at the zoo.
If the bandersnatch seems even mildly frumious, best to shun it.  Really. http://www.cctplastics.com

xavier fremboe

• friends
  • All-American Meanie
    • The Shop
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2008, 08:22:42 AM »
They did have to come up with something else, but I suspect it's the actually effective LRAD, the "sound cannon" that chased pirates away from a liner. ADS turned out to be an expensive and ineffectual boondoggle, since it was shown that it could be countered by being behind a microwave-reflective surface.
It could still be effective.  Just imagine all of the protesters walking down the street with their aluminum-foil "protective gear".  Would make the AFDB folks seem pretty grounded.
If the bandersnatch seems even mildly frumious, best to shun it.  Really. http://www.cctplastics.com

The Annoyed Man

« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2008, 08:53:16 AM »
Yep, and if their claims are true, they can throw their own feces, just like real monkeys do! laugh

Scout26

• friend
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2008, 10:35:06 AM »
Yep, and if their claims are true, they can throw their own feces, just like real monkeys do! laugh

The Viking beat me to it.....

But I can't wait to see feces-splattered, foil-enshrouded loonies rioting at the Dem convention on the evening nooz......  grin cheesy

Hold fast by the river.
for the motherland.

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2008, 10:36:13 AM »
I don't see the problem--don't most of them have diarrhea of the mouth as it is?

grin

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2008, 08:03:27 PM »
Sonic weaponry exists.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

taurusowner

« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2008, 08:12:49 PM »
Obamatons.  I like that  laugh

This convention should be a hoot.

Antibubba

• friend
« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2008, 08:27:50 PM »
I don't think the idea that these crowd-control devices exist should be pooh poohed.
If life gives you melons, you may be dyslexic.

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2008, 08:52:54 PM »
What I do know is that it causes a person to be disoriented and lose their equilibrium resulting in a nauseous feeling in their stomach.

I thought that was raison d'etre for the Democrat party.