Author Topic: 39 Warning Shots  (Read 1491 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MechAg94

• friend
Re: 39 Warning Shots
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2019, 10:06:14 AM »
"She had the strength of four grown men," the father later told the station.
=D
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Pb

• friend
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2019, 10:10:54 AM »
Where's the mug shot!?!?   ???

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2019, 10:30:55 AM »
Sounds like he missed 39 times. Is he ex NYPD?
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2019, 04:14:53 PM »
From the comments:

"39 warning shots"?

Sounds to me like "38 wasted shots"!

Can I get an "Amen!" Brothers and Sisters?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2019, 05:03:11 PM »
From the comments:

Can I get an "Amen!" Brothers and Sisters?
More like 39 wasted shots.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2019, 09:32:39 PM »
 =|

He probably didn't want to shoot a woman.  I can see that.  Give me the gun, the bullet and properly adjudicated child molester and I'll take him out behind the courthouse and to do the deed.   If it's a woman....well, I can't really answer that.  Maybe, maybe not.  It depends...

SO I can see him trying to scare her off to avoid shooting her.   It's that protective male instinct kicking in...

=|
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2019, 09:56:15 PM »
He had the option to pistol whoop her dumb butt... Just sayin
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2019, 07:20:30 AM »
=|

He probably didn't want to shoot a woman.  I can see that.  Give me the gun, the bullet and properly adjudicated child molester and I'll take him out behind the courthouse and to do the deed.   If it's a woman....well, I can't really answer that.  Maybe, maybe not.  It depends...

SO I can see him trying to scare her off to avoid shooting her.   It's that protective male instinct kicking in...

=|

I'd shoot a woman.  No problem for me there.

It might help that I've "shot" many women during training, so I am a bit desensitized to that idea. 
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2019, 08:56:37 AM »
=|

=|
Yeah, but 39 warning shots?  After 3 or 4, you would think he would get the hint that it ain't working and put the gun away.

griz

• friend
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2019, 10:15:53 AM »
Yeah, but 39 warning shots?  After 3 or 4, you would think he would get the hint that it ain't working and put the gun away.

That's what I was thinking.  Even before you reload (!!!) you have to ask yourself, what will the next volley accomplish?  Also,  I'm not big on warning shots but I thought the idea was kind of an attention getter of the Stop Or I'll Shoot YOU variety.  You're proving your threat is bogus at the second shot.
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2019, 10:22:29 AM »
Am I the only one who keeps checking back on this thread waiting for pictures to come out?
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

slugcatcher

• friend
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2019, 11:11:56 AM »
"The fight ended after the 12-year-old shoved a wrench into the intruder's neck, WRIC reported."

This just raises more questions for me.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2019, 11:22:05 AM »
"The fight ended after the 12-year-old shoved a wrench into the intruder's neck, WRIC reported."

This just raises more questions for me.

Wrench violence 
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2019, 11:26:46 AM »
Looks like the "wrench" was a Torx bit in a socket. Somewhere I saw another picture that showed a bloody ratchet with a 6 inch extension on it.

https://www.wbtw.com/news/national/39-shots-fired-at-naked-woman-who-claimed-to-be-the-devil/

bob

HankB

• friend
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2019, 11:42:14 AM »
I think someone started a GoFundMe page to patch up the bullet holes in the homeowner's sheetrock.   :facepalm:

I can see one warning shot under some circumstances . . . but not when a violent intruder enters a person's home.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2019, 11:52:05 AM »
Did they ever say what kind of gun he used? Curious as to how many times he reloaded.
For example: Lets say he used a Glock 19. 15 rounds per mag would mean 2 reloads + the mag already in the gun.
- Calvin and Hobbes

fifth_column

• friend
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2019, 12:01:24 PM »
The second article mentions a pistol, meaning multiple reloads or some kind of stick magazine.  I can't understand why the father would risk hitting someone else in the house AND risk injury to himself or his children from the crazy woman by firing warning shots.  Just end the source of potential injury already. 
Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will... The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress. ― Frederick Douglass

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people.  -  Catherine Engelbrecht

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2019, 12:19:13 PM »
The second article mentions a pistol, meaning multiple reloads or some kind of stick magazine. 

Most handgun "stick" mags top out around 30-32.

Of course there's always this

- Calvin and Hobbes

Pb

• friend
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2019, 01:00:47 PM »
Am I the only one who keeps checking back on this thread waiting for pictures to come out?

Nope!  =D

griz

• friend
« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2019, 01:11:36 PM »
Looks like the "wrench" was a Torx bit in a socket. Somewhere I saw another picture that showed a bloody ratchet with a 6 inch extension on it.

https://www.wbtw.com/news/national/39-shots-fired-at-naked-woman-who-claimed-to-be-the-devil/

bob

That's an assault wrench.  Clearly designed for the military, nobody "needs" a wrench like that.

Seriously, from that report, it sounds as if the guy just missed 39 times. 
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2019, 01:43:42 PM »

bob

The homeowner says the woman, who had a blue ponytail

There you have it, indisputable evidence that this was TDS run amuck.

Barack Obama

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2019, 01:54:05 PM »
Still so many questions though.

Was she fat, maybe the wiggles as she attacked disrupted his vison, was she skinny and he was having a hard time getting a good shot. The blue pony tail, was it just the tail or was all of her hair blue? Did she have tattoos or more importantly did she have teeth? 39 rounds, a strange number at best. Did he have a partial mag? Did he drop a mag early due to stress? Or did he have a 9mm XDm with a 19 round mag, a spare and started with one in the chamber (=39). Most importantly, is she out of the hospital and where is her mug shot?

bob

brimic

• friends
« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2019, 02:07:35 PM »
Still so many questions though.

The blue pony tail, was it just the tail or was all of her hair blue?

I'm guessing that the blue pony tail was little of her hair left that wasn't buzzed off.

Barack Obama

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2019, 02:41:31 PM »
https://allthatsinteresting.com/virginia-devil-woman
This link has a picture of the wrench / torx bit.