Author Topic: It's not just me!  (Read 795 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
It's not just me!
« on: July 09, 2019, 10:32:58 AM »
Apparently I'm not the only person in the universe who doesn't have a Facebook account.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-7225593/Apple-founder-Steve-Wozniak-says-Facebook.html
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

brimic

• friends
Re: It's not just me!
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2019, 10:53:07 AM »
Apparently I'm not the only person in the universe who doesn't have a Facebook account.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-7225593/Apple-founder-Steve-Wozniak-says-Facebook.html

I quit FB a few months back already simply by deleting the app from my devices.
Unfortunately, it doesn't seem possible to delete your account(s).
I was hooked on it for a few years, but I don't miss it anymore.

OTOH, a good friend of mine once told me, that its good to be on FB in order to not look out of place- simply raise the noise to signal ratio by continuously posting food pictures and cat recipes.

"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2019, 11:00:11 AM »
I use it mostly to stay in touch with friends, keep tabs on my home town (or what's left of it), and keep up with birthdays and anniversaries. I could count on one hand the number of posts I make a year.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2019, 11:04:26 AM »
I started a FB account only so that I could check out certain pages on there such as ones for lost pets when one of my cats went missing.
My account contains my name only with zero posts.

On a side but related note to that I get e-mailed two or three times a day with friend recommendations everyday. Despite my name being Anglo as heck 99.9% of them have names that are from south of border, "urban", and Arabic. A little manipulation there FB?
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

fifth_column

• friend
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2019, 12:03:43 PM »
I started a FB account only so that I could check out certain pages on there such as ones for lost pets when one of my cats went missing.
My account contains my name only with zero posts.

On a side but related note to that I get e-mailed two or three times a day with friend recommendations everyday. Despite my name being Anglo as heck 99.9% of them have names that are from south of border, "urban", and Arabic. A little manipulation there FB?

I think that's more of an indication of scammers attempting to manipulate FB. 
Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will... The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress. ― Frederick Douglass

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people.  -  Catherine Engelbrecht

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2019, 12:48:55 PM »
So, NOT having a FB page (or having one that is very, very inactive) is now a form of virtue signaling.

Gotcha...

:rofl:
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2019, 12:52:18 PM »
I think that's more of an indication of scammers attempting to manipulate FB.  

I'm pretty sure it's FB
It doesn't bother me, it's more of curiosity
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

brimic

• friends
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2019, 01:03:31 PM »
So, NOT having a FB page (or having one that is very, very inactive) is now a form of virtue signaling.

Gotcha...

:rofl:

That is so last week.
Pointing out that people are virtue signalling is the new virtue signalling.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2019, 01:37:08 PM »
"Pointing out that people are virtue signalling is the new virtue signalling."

Yes it is. AND I *expletive deleted*ing OWN THAT VIRTUE!

:rofl: :rofl:
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

fifth_column

• friend
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2019, 02:21:51 PM »
« Last Edit: July 09, 2019, 03:06:45 PM by fifth_column »
Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will... The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress. ― Frederick Douglass

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people.  -  Catherine Engelbrecht

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2019, 02:45:19 PM »
upload
What the hell is this?  Looks like some sort of app install link.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

fifth_column

• friend
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2019, 03:08:14 PM »
What the hell is this?  Looks like some sort of app install link.

It was nothing more than a simple link to the website where the image is stored.  I removed it. . . . . .   ;/

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2019, 03:13:48 PM »
It was nothing more than a simple link to the website where the image is stored.  I removed it. . . . . .   ;/

I hit the link and it put something about about checking my computer for something so I closed it.  Maybe it was just an ad.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2019, 03:16:29 PM »

Unfortunately, it doesn't seem possible to delete your account(s).

Yes, it is.  At least Facebook says they delete your account.  I deleted mine a few months ago.  You can download all of your Facebook data before you delete your account.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2019, 03:19:40 PM »
This is the method I used to delete Facebook, in addition to deleting the apps and softwere from my computers.

https://imgur.com/gallery/VBL0D
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?