Author Topic: Feinstein: Can I have some guns? DC: Sure. Why not?  (Read 607 times)

Ryan in Maine

• friend
Feinstein: Can I have some guns? DC: Sure. Why not?
« on: October 13, 2013, 08:56:37 PM »
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/oct/9/miller-how-a-senator-got-her-guns-for-a-dc-show-an/

Washington Metropolitan Police Chief Cathy L. Lanier seems to think that gun-control laws don’t apply to the liberal elite. The police chief helped Sen. Dianne Feinstein acquire “assault weapons,” which are illegal to possess in the District, for a news conference early this year to promote a ban on these firearms, then tried to cover up the police involvement.

Guns? Yeah, that's cool.

However, a week after Mr. DeWitt’s request, Mrs. Feinstein’s press secretary, Tom Mentzer, asked the commander of the police department’s Crime Scene Investigation Division, Keith Williams, for 10 specific firearm models used in high-profile mass shootings, including a Bushmaster XM-15, Tec-9 handgun, Smith & Wesson M&P15 and a Glock 19 with a “high-capacity magazine.”
Since Cmdr. Williams did not have all the firearms the senator sought, Mr. DeWitt asked Philadelphia police to provide the missing ones, which meant bringing “the P15 and the Glock extended magazine” to Washington.

Hey, Philly. I need a gun favor to do a gun favor.

A week after Mrs. Feinstein’s publicity stunt, Republican Sens. Ted Cruz of Texas and Lindsey Graham of South Carolina were refused permission to bring a hunting rifle and an AR-style rifle to the Senate Judiciary Committee hearing on Mrs. Feinstein’s “assault weapon” ban.

And we still assemble peacefully...
« Last Edit: October 14, 2013, 04:04:03 AM by Ryan in Maine »

Hawkmoon

• friend
Re: Feinstein: Can I have some guns? DC: Sure. Why not?
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2013, 11:21:49 AM »
You left out the parts about (a) Lanier had to borrow some of the guns from Philadelphia because the Washington PD didn't have all the types Feinstein requested [in your quote from the article, but worth pointing out specifically], and (b) Lanier had asked that it NOT be made public that the DC police assisted in any way with the dog and pony show. She and her spokesperson tried to stonewall the issue. When it finally came out, both Lanier and Philadelphia were less than overjoyed at being outed. She then decided that her department "probably" won't participate in such shenanigans in the future.

So, just another case of some people being more equal than others. Nothing to see here, move along, move along ...
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design