Main Forums > The Roundtable

Reacher series on Prime

(1/10) > >>

Brad Johnson:
Prime just dropped the new Reacher series trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSycMV-_Csw

No date given other than "Coming Soon". My guess would be sometime early 2022.

They definitely they got someone with the physical presence to pull off the character, but based on the trailer I don't have high hopes for his acting skills. I'll give it a watch, though. Maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised.

Brad

MechAg94:
At least he looks like a guy who could do what the Reacher character does.  Might even be a bit of an a-hole (which fits the character also).  Hope the gun trivia doesn't suck, but it wouldn't take much to be better than the books.  If it is at least not too political, it looks like it might be fun to watch. 

I read 4 or 5 of the books if I remember correctly.  Got a bit tired of them.  I have a few more I never got around to reading.

On the other hand, more Expanse on Dec 10th.

Ben:

--- Quote from: MechAg94 on December 07, 2021, 12:14:45 PM ---At least he looks like a guy who could do what the Reacher character does.  Might even be a bit of an a-hole (which fits the character also).  Hope the gun trivia doesn't suck, but it wouldn't take much to be better than the books.  If it is at least not too political, it looks like it might be fun to watch. 

I read 4 or 5 of the books if I remember correctly.  Got a bit tired of them.  I have a few more I never got around to reading.

On the other hand, more Expanse on Dec 10th.

--- End quote ---

Yikes! I was unaware of The Expanse drop. Looking forward to it, even though they pulled some SJW crap last year and killed one of my favorite characters.

On the Reacher books - I have never read them. Any commie pinko stuff interjected, or are they fairly readable stories? I liked the Reacher movies despite the physical disparity between Cruise and the character. If the books are similar, I could read them. I have no time anymore for reading (or watching) stuff that injects an author's commie SJW politics.

MechAg94:
I liked the first one or two Reacher books.  The author is a good writer.  Mainly it was just that Reacher is a pretty big A-hole in a couple of books.  That kind of turns me off on wanting to read more.

The worst IMO was a book that had him going through West Texas.  Seemed like everyone he met in the book was either a racist white person or a poor illegal Mexican.  Add in the virtuous Ivy League grad doing pro-bono legal work.  That one was hard to get through. 

RoadKingLarry:

--- Quote from: MechAg94 on December 07, 2021, 02:38:50 PM ---I liked the first one or two Reacher books.  The author is a good writer.  Mainly it was just that Reacher is a pretty big A-hole in a couple of books.  That kind of turns me off on wanting to read more.

The worst IMO was a book that had him going through West Texas.  Seemed like everyone he met in the book was either a racist white person or a poor illegal Mexican.  Add in the virtuous Ivy League grad doing pro-bono legal work.  That one was hard to get through.

--- End quote ---

Sounds about right :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version