Author Topic: US-Mexico Border. Marines. RFN!  (Read 4623 times)

AZRedhawk44

• friends
Re: US-Mexico Border. Marines. RFN!
« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2011, 03:09:07 PM »
taking a jet ski trip across the border?  might have consequences,  would that be an invasion if it was folks coming the other way?

You guys need a class in critical thinking (and reading)... =|

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2010/10/12/mexican-police-official-investigating-border-lake-shooting-dead/

1. American recreational jetskiiers, no matter how dumb it might be to use a lake on the US/MX border, have a right to use AT LEAST the American portion of the waters without being shot at.  Dumb is dumb, but right is right.
2. Those same jetskiiers have no right to illegally enter MX.
3. If they enter MX and are interdicted by MX Federales or other MX LEOs, they ought to be treated in a way that respects their inherent right to continue breathing and to resolve any conflict via MX/US legal proceedings. 
4. If MX pirates or drug smugglers take them, then the effing US Marines need to resolve it RFN if the MX forces refuse to or are impotent to do so.

Conversely:

1.  American road workers have a right to not be shot at while building roads.
2.  If they are shot at from MX, then MX LEO/Federales should find the gunman.
3.  If MX LEO/Feds cannot resolve it, time for some Marines.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2011, 04:20:59 PM »
the american jetskiers were big on living on the edge  they knew the ruins they were "adventuring " at were in  mexico and dangerous.  consequences rights and responsibility
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Bigjake

• friend
« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2011, 04:49:36 PM »
So conversely,  Any Mexican jetskiers that come one our side are just "living on the edge",  and you're OK with  gunning them down?  (They WERE living adventurously and asking for it!)

:facepalm:

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #28 on: January 18, 2011, 04:49:57 PM »
the american jetskiers were big on living on the edge  they knew the ruins they were "adventuring " at were in  mexico and dangerous.  consequences rights and responsibility

And this means we should blithely tolerate drug cartels murdering our citizens how?

I've noticed you continually point out how a few rifle shots across the border or some jet skiers who obviously were asking for trouble (to paraphrase you) are no cause for military intervention. Well then what about these then: The territory on OUR side of the border that we've had to cede due to our citizens being murdered there by foreign nationals or the current Mexican government that all but officially supports illegal immigration into our country, and has gladly sent us 20 million of their citizens? Does that meet your qualifications for casus belli?

You know, there's a military term for when another country's people flood into yours against your country's will and you lose territory through acts of violence. It's called a *expletive deleted*ing foreign invasion! And that most certainly qualifies for military intervention, if only to halt the influx of bodies.

• friends
« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2011, 05:06:59 PM »
is it still an invasion when you post ads on the other side of the border advertising jobs?  and pay em when they show up to work?
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

Bigjake

• friend
« Reply #30 on: January 18, 2011, 05:15:54 PM »
is it still an invasion when you post ads on the other side of the border advertising jobs?  and pay em when they show up to work?

No,  it's a crime, and should be dealt with accordingly.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #31 on: January 18, 2011, 05:17:59 PM »

I guess the same goes for the US paramilitary groups that act out beyond the limits set by the Minutemen... SSS on the border appears to be OK by your logic, C&SD.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

• friends
« Reply #32 on: January 18, 2011, 05:21:52 PM »
I guess the same goes for the US paramilitary groups that act out beyond the limits set by the Minutemen... SSS on the border appears to be OK by your logic, C&SD.

reach much?  or just not comfy with addressing the idea of consequences rights and responsibility

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #33 on: January 18, 2011, 09:28:01 PM »
SSS on the border appears to be OK by your logic, C&SD.

I'm more of a "buzzards gotta eat same as worms" train of thought...
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Pharmacology

• friends
« Reply #34 on: January 19, 2011, 10:38:09 AM »

« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2011, 01:49:36 PM »
   Reply with quoteQuote
So conversely,  Any Mexican jetskiers that come one our side are just "living on the edge",  and you're OK with  gunning them down?  (They WERE living adventurously and asking for it!)

Face Palm!

Kinda like the kids who were living on the edge by throwing rocks at Border Patrol, eh?
I believe the comment earlier in the thread was "You don't tug on Superman's cape."

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #35 on: January 19, 2011, 01:56:13 PM »
Actually, I'm kind of surprised at our current lack of any taste for military adventurism against Mexico.

I guess it hasn't occurred to OBOTUS and the DNC yet that annexation will add new voters and welfare recipients faster than illegal immigration would.
I promise not to duck.

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #36 on: January 19, 2011, 03:57:02 PM »
It's a crime, not an act of war.  Treat it accordingly.