Author Topic: MILF Island is real now  (Read 389 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
MILF Island is real now
« on: February 01, 2023, 07:56:39 AM »
So the cable channel formerly known as The Learning Channel (as in learn how depraved your society can become, if it stops trying to have any shame about anything) has introduced a program called "MILF Manor." Therein, women and their adult sons gather at a resort, to do all the usual, trashy stuff that makes reality TV so wholesome and educational. Maybe they're really related; maybe not. Classy, either way.

Here's a short video about the show:
https://youtu.be/smdHZRWA324

If you're a comedy fan, you may recall that Tina Fey wrote an episode of 30 Rock 15 years ago, predicting that TV would do this:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MILF_Island

Cherry on top, The Young Turks used the show to blame Republicans for destroying America's taboos about sex. I kid you not:
https://youtu.be/XT2o5WftU1c

The big guy starts into it right away, but if you skip ahead to 7.15, he doubles down. Even his co-star doesn't seem to buy it.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

HankB

• friend
Re: MILF Island is real now
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2023, 09:19:10 AM »
No surprise that "The Learning Channel" is run by sickos - after all, they brought us Here Comes Honey Boo Boo.

As for the current show, that fat guy (who's obviously trolling) doesn't even look particularly young - what's he doing co-hosting a show called "The Young Turks?"
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2023, 09:24:16 AM »
I heard about that.  I assume they think people will watch it because of the train wreck that it is. 

To me, it is just another reason I haven't paid much attention to "reality TV" since MTV's The Real World. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2023, 12:08:20 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/@HeelvsBabyface/videos

Heel vs Babyface is doing his reviews of it.  He usually does good work if you just want to laugh at the show.  My work google account is restricted so I just provided the channel link. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2023, 12:30:21 PM »
The old CBers had an expression for renegade and disruptive CBers: they were "spreadin' hate and discontent."

The name of the game for Progressive Politics in the political world is "spread hate and discontent at every opportunity, in every venue, at every time, regardloess of actual relevance to anything else. Just keep spreading hate and discontent."

It sounds like this program fits that paradigm.

When we recognize that strategy for what it is and learn to counter it (maybe by counter-bitching), Progressive Politics will wane and wither and reality will return.

I hope.

To those of us who are averse to counter-bitching as being ignoble and beneath us, tough noogies. 

Terry, 230RN
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2023, 02:38:58 PM »
The old CBers had an expression for renegade and disruptive CBers: they were "spreadin' hate and discontent."

The name of the game for Progressive Politics in the political world is "spread hate and discontent at every opportunity, in every venue, at every time, regardloess of actual relevance to anything else. Just keep spreading hate and discontent."

It sounds like this program fits that paradigm.

When we recognize that strategy for what it is and learn to counter it (maybe by counter-bitching), Progressive Politics will wane and wither and reality will return.

I hope.

To those of us who are averse to counter-bitching as being ignoble and beneath us, tough noogies. 

Terry, 230RN
And there is also no shortage of people who like stirring the pot just to laugh at the reactions. 

Tuco

• Fastest non-sequitur in the West.
  • friends
  • If you miss you had better miss very well
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2023, 05:39:30 PM »
MILF island
The mind reels.

I haven't had TeeVee since OJs slow speed chase was on every channel all weekend.  Wife has a netflicks subscription that I've dabbled in, but not much.

MILF Island
The mind reels.
7-11 was a part time job.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2023, 08:23:39 PM »
Here are the reviews from Heel vs Babyface.  Language not safe for work.  I would rather laugh at him talking about this nonsense than risk give views/ratings to one of these shows.

MILF Manor Episode 1: The Most Degenerate Show Today and I can't Stop LAUGHING!!!
ttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ClVwS82Gaw

MILF Manor Episode 2: Pink Eye from the Stink Eye!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJyG7x9E4fI