Author Topic: Secure ISP?  (Read 502 times)

never_retreat

• Head Muckety Muck
  • friend
Secure ISP?
« on: April 11, 2012, 09:25:38 PM »
What does the APS contingent of tin foil hat wearers think of this idea?
Sounds good up front but what if it is just the NSA trying to fool the crooks all to one place? [tinfoil]

http://news.cnet.com/8301-31921_3-57412225-281/this-internet-provider-pledges-to-put-your-privacy-first-always/
I needed a mod to change my signature because the concept of "family friendly" eludes me.
Just noticed that a mod changed my signature. How long ago was that?
A few months-mods

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
Re: Secure ISP?
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2012, 09:54:01 PM »
I can think of some stuff, that while perfectly legal... would have .gov really pissed at the folks doing it... if they actually were engaged in wholesale domestic spying/monitoring.

Something akin to a combination of TOR, peer to peer technologies, and massively parallel distributed computing like SETI@home/folding@home on the BIONIC model that does nothing but generate MASSIVE amounts of noise to signal ratio into which whatever files or messages you want to actually send are inserted...  >:D
I promise not to duck.

Nick1911

• Administrator
Re: Secure ISP?
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2012, 09:56:56 PM »
lol.

Personally, I don't trust any telcom provider operating in the US to keep my data secure from the government.

Want security?  Assume your local connection is tapped.  Bounce all traffic through another country, perferably with good privacy laws.  Then bounce it through god knows where else=)