Author Topic: Website to See if You've Been in a Data Breach  (Read 561 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Website to See if You've Been in a Data Breach
« on: January 07, 2017, 10:34:23 AM »
I ran across this site in an article I was reading today. It's supposed to verify if your email address has been part of any data breach. I stuck a recently disused address in and it came up with a hit, but you have to be registered to see details.

I was wondering if anyone has used this site? I was hesitant to sign up and use current email addresses without further verification of site integrity. It was in a Kim Komando article, and I think she's pretty good about verifying stuff, but I'm paranoid about my main email address. :)

https://haveibeenpwned.com/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

sumpnz

• friend
Re: Website to See if You've Been in a Data Breach
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2017, 04:31:36 PM »
Pretty sure any email you put in there is hacked.  If not already, it will be afterwards.   [tinfoil]

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2017, 06:30:31 AM »
I don't need to check a freaking website to know that my information has been routinely compromised.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2017, 03:14:24 AM »
I'll check to see if you had a data breech. Just send me your name, address, social, debit card info, and bank routing/account number.
 :angel:
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic