Author Topic: Justice Ginsburg died today  (Read 17032 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Re: Justice Ginsburg died today
« Reply #125 on: September 23, 2020, 09:49:25 AM »
Oh, so you were the one rioting during his inauguration.

Thanks for that...  :rofl:
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #126 on: September 23, 2020, 09:51:15 AM »
I got to admit, I had Obama Derangement Syndrome (I probably listened to him talk no more than 60 seconds in the 8 years he was President).

But what I had is nothing compared to Trump Derangement Syndrome.
I remember people considering the idea that Obama would try to stay in power, but it was just idle comments and I didn't think he would do it.  The left seems to have little restraint on those crazier ideas.  Either that or the crazier ones are the ones with the loudest voices.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #127 on: September 23, 2020, 10:15:30 AM »
I've heard screechs about "OMG HE'S GOING TO INVALIDATE THE ELECTION TO STAY IN ABOUT!!!" about ever president since Jimmy Carter.

Panicky tinfoil asshats.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #128 on: September 23, 2020, 10:45:56 AM »
I remember people considering the idea that Obama would try to stay in power, but it was just idle comments and I didn't think he would do it.  The left seems to have little restraint on those crazier ideas.  Either that or the crazier ones are the ones with the loudest voices.

I remember being a little worried that Bill Clinton wouldn't leave. 
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #129 on: September 23, 2020, 12:14:12 PM »
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #130 on: September 23, 2020, 01:30:12 PM »
Great -- now we have culture wars within MAGA.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/09/22/trump-barrett-lagoa-supreme-court-420045

The media love to highlight divisions on the right.

It's the same deal with religious people. They pillory us for not being able to agree on anything, and then an hour later they complain that we're all easily led, and don't want to think for ourselves. I mean, right now we shouldn't even have an opinion, right? Our puppet-master Trump hasn't given us one yet.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

grampster

• friend
« Reply #132 on: September 23, 2020, 06:17:26 PM »
I see no reason for the Senate to have any sort of hearing at all.  Just bring the nomination to a vote.  Let the D's boycott the vote.  All the Senate needs is 51 Senators to vote.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #133 on: September 23, 2020, 10:02:11 PM »
I see no reason for the Senate to have any sort of hearing at all.  Just bring the nomination to a vote.  Let the D's boycott the vote.  All the Senate needs is 51 Senators to vote.

Dear Chuck Schumer, thank you for trashing Bork, Thomas, and any other judicial nominee. Your "norm" is war.

Oh, and thanks Harry Reid!

AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #134 on: September 24, 2020, 08:05:30 AM »
So with Roberts ending up being a crypto-leftist, who will be the next justice to reveal themselves as a lefty to keep the right from actually establishing a more originalist court?
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #135 on: September 24, 2020, 09:28:15 AM »
Serious question: Do neighbors not have rights in these situations? I would be one pissed neighbor, and I wouldn't be pissed at Cocaine Mitch.

https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2020/09/24/watch-libs-are-outside-of-mitch-mcconnells-house-this-morning-protesting-the-peaceful-transition-of-power-at-the-supreme-court/

"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #136 on: September 24, 2020, 09:45:57 AM »
Serious question: Do neighbors not have rights in these situations? I would be one pissed neighbor, and I wouldn't be pissed at Cocaine Mitch.

https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2020/09/24/watch-libs-are-outside-of-mitch-mcconnells-house-this-morning-protesting-the-peaceful-transition-of-power-at-the-supreme-court/

Leftists don't care. NO ONE has rights so long as they are ANGRY. If they are angry, then they can do whatever they want.1

These people lack empathy. They don't care what other people think. They don't care what other people feel. Those other people are WRONG, and therefore, bad. Bad people don't deserve to be treated with civility.

1: (So far, it's short of murdering people, but many of them think that's fine, too. They just want to do it in a way that they don't feel like they were responsible. Like burning down a building full of people. "It was their fault for not getting out when they knew we were ANGRY!")

I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #137 on: September 24, 2020, 09:54:10 AM »
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8765709/Trump-says-Supreme-Court-needs-nine-judges-decide-presidential-election.html

The President will not commit to leaving the White House if he disagrees with the election results and says he must have nine justices on SCOTUS before the election so that SCOTUS can decide the election. 

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #138 on: September 24, 2020, 10:20:02 AM »
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8765709/Trump-says-Supreme-Court-needs-nine-judges-decide-presidential-election.html

The President will not commit to leaving the White House if he disagrees with the election results and says he must have nine justices on SCOTUS before the election so that SCOTUS can decide the election. 

His actual quote doesn't sound quite the same. 
'I think having a 4-4 situation is not a good situation,' Trump said. 

'Just in case it would be more political than it should be I think it's very important to have a 9th judge,' he said.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Northwoods

• friend
  • Formerly sumpnz
« Reply #139 on: September 24, 2020, 10:22:06 AM »
So with Roberts ending up being a crypto-leftist, who will be the next justice to reveal themselves as a lefty to keep the right from actually establishing a more originalist court?

Kavanaugh would be my bet.  In spite of his confirmation experience.
Formerly sumpnz

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #140 on: September 24, 2020, 10:26:12 AM »
His actual quote doesn't sound quite the same. 

This.

There are things the media claims Trump said, and there is what Trump actually said.
""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #141 on: September 24, 2020, 10:29:49 AM »
Kavanaugh would be my bet.  In spite of his confirmation experience.
I have heard he is not as conservative as people made him out to be.  Perhaps his confirmation experience affected how much he would shift to the left, but that is hard to predict.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #142 on: September 24, 2020, 10:33:34 AM »

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #143 on: September 24, 2020, 10:34:56 AM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_DYUarsXOE

Here is the question about the "transition of power".  The foolish part of the question is there is no transition if he wins which Trump said.  I wouldn't expect Trump or any President to say yes during a reelection campaign.  

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #144 on: September 24, 2020, 10:35:52 AM »
And, in "the left continues to prove that they're a true class act," Trump and the first lady were booed by protestors as they paid respects to RBG...

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #145 on: September 24, 2020, 11:17:44 AM »
The Left is very clever and Trump is very clever.

If the Left coordinates a "win" using election fraud they can beat Trump over the head with his own words over and over, stymieing any attempt to actually look at the legitimacy of the election.

Trump gives up no ground willingly.

He ran on giving no quarter but only his guys have gone to jail.

"Lock her up" is a fading memory.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
« Reply #146 on: September 24, 2020, 11:51:59 AM »
the only way they're going to win is by a rigged election

Anyone who believes this, on either side, is crazy.
Polling isn't perfect but it's very clear that this country is divided and that either candidate has a decent chance of getting enough (legitimate) votes to win.
That was the case in the last election and I don't see much difference now.
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #147 on: September 24, 2020, 11:58:19 AM »
The Left is very clever and Trump is very clever.

If the Left coordinates a "win" using election fraud they can beat Trump over the head with his own words over and over, stymieing any attempt to actually look at the legitimacy of the election.

Trump gives up no ground willingly.

He ran on giving no quarter but only his guys have gone to jail.

"Lock her up" is a fading memory.
I don't think the Left is clever.  They do and say monumentally stupid stuff all the time that is quickly forgotten.  They are just persistent, well funded, and the media gives them lots of cover.  

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #148 on: September 24, 2020, 12:17:09 PM »
It's just like watching "Professional Wrestling" on TV.

Arch villains, good guys, bad guys, old characters leave new characters introduced, fast plot shifts and season long cliffhangers.

Story lines that never go anywhere or are resolved, you have characters changing sides and alliances.

Enjoy the show.

Pb

• friend
« Reply #149 on: September 24, 2020, 12:21:03 PM »
It's just like watching "Professional Wrestling" on TV.

Arch villains, good guys, bad guys, old characters leave new characters introduced, fast plot shifts and season long cliffhangers.

Story lines that never go anywhere or are resolved, you have characters changing sides and alliances.

Enjoy the show.

I think seeing "Jake the Snake" throw a giant python on a sweaty steroid user is a lot more fun than this nightmare.   =|