Author Topic: Justice Ginsburg died today  (Read 16894 times)

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
Re: Justice Ginsburg died today
« Reply #150 on: September 24, 2020, 12:49:21 PM »
It's just like watching "Professional Wrestling" on TV.

Arch villains, good guys, bad guys, old characters leave new characters introduced, fast plot shifts and season long cliffhangers.

Story lines that never go anywhere or are resolved, you have characters changing sides and alliances.

Enjoy the show.
Ya don't say?
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #151 on: September 24, 2020, 01:09:15 PM »
Ya don't say?

Why do you think he's been so successful at playing the media? He already played their games, much more successfully in his "other life".
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #152 on: September 24, 2020, 01:41:18 PM »
 :facepalm:

Ruth Bader Ginsburg’s death prompted ’40-something attorney and mother’ to become a Satanist to safeguard her daughters’ abortion rights
https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2020/09/24/ruth-bader-ginsburgs-death-prompted-40-something-attorney-and-mother-to-become-a-satanist-to-safeguard-her-daughters-abortion-rights/
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Pb

• friend
« Reply #153 on: September 24, 2020, 03:10:41 PM »
Quick someone let her know that founder of the Church of Satan (and author of the Satanic Bible) was a pro-life:

>:D

:rofl:

-----------------------

"The staggering number of illegal abortions would diminish overnight, if the antiquated approach to birth control were replaced with a strict, government-controlled program, which made it mandatory for each person to adopt a method of contraception that would preclude the possibility of births due to "forgetfulness," ignorance, or irresponsibility.

Abortion is unnatural and unnecessary. Man is the only animal who practices such wanton killing of its young. And yet man considers himself emancipated and more highly evolved than any other species. Legalized abortion would have a disastrously demoralizing affect on our society, for it would further instill the notion that human life is one of the cheapest commodities in the world.

To anyone who would presume to "play god," nonchalantly turning thumbs down on any tiny person whose only crime is existing (as nature dictated he must), I say: either accept the blame and bear your cross, or else reject the barbaric religion which has distorted your reason and robbed you of the right to choose! How can these murderous deeds be rationalized? Does it not occur to the proponents of legalized abortion that their actions may result in the destruction of embryos which could mature into mighty leaders or great teachers?

How can we even consider the senseless annihilation of our unborn children, when it is due to the stupidity and negligence of their parents that they were created. I would defy all logic to execute a child for a murder committed by one of his parents, but to me it seems equally illogical to punish an unborn child for the action of his parents. Society must reject any religious creed if it requires that its adherents produce unwanted human life only to have it destroyed."

Anton LaVey, Letters from the Devil, March 21, 1971

"For example, the science of eugenics provides solutions for the issue of abortion. Satanically speaking, I am against abortion. Yet I do consider a problem of overpopulation. Therefore, I advocate compulsory birth control. Unborn babies did not ask to be conceived. Once conceived, they should have loving, responsible parents, even if adoptive. A stupid, irresponsible woman should not have the right to "decide" what she does with her own body when in all other things, her mind is being controlled by impersonal vested interests. An unborn child's father should influence the outcome of a pregnancy if it can be determined that he is more responsible than the mother. If he is stupid, insensitive and irresponsible, he should be sterilized. Irresponsible parents, male or female, should simply be kept from conceiving children.

The most vocal anti-abortion crusaders are fundamentalist Christians. Their entire plan and purpose originated with the same motivation that propagates any ethnic or religious grouping: to fill the world with more people like themselves. The women's movement favors abortion on the grounds that a woman's body is hers alone, to control as she chooses. Neither advocates mandatory birth control and selective sterilization, which--as a third side--could eliminate most of the entire issue. Of course, whenever an issue becomes more important than a solution, don't expect to stumble over a third side.

I respect someone who simply admits that he or she doesn't like kids--or dogs, cats, monkeys, zebras or potato bugs--for reasons of their own. It's when they cloak their reasons in the cant populist causes, that I become truculent."

Anton LaVey, Satan Speaks! 1998

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #154 on: September 24, 2020, 03:21:02 PM »
Quick someone let her know that founder of the Church of Satan (and author of the Satanic Bible) was a pro-life:

>:D

-----------------------

"The staggering number of illegal abortions would diminish overnight, if the antiquated approach to birth control were replaced with a strict, government-controlled program, which made it mandatory for each person to adopt a method of contraception that would preclude the possibility of births due to "forgetfulness," ignorance, or irresponsibility.

Abortion is unnatural and unnecessary. Man is the only animal who practices such wanton killing of its young. And yet man considers himself emancipated and more highly evolved than any other species. Legalized abortion would have a disastrously demoralizing affect on our society, for it would further instill the notion that human life is one of the cheapest commodities in the world.

To anyone who would presume to "play god," nonchalantly turning thumbs down on any tiny person whose only crime is existing (as nature dictated he must), I say: either accept the blame and bear your cross, or else reject the barbaric religion which has distorted your reason and robbed you of the right to choose! How can these murderous deeds be rationalized? Does it not occur to the proponents of legalized abortion that their actions may result in the destruction of embryos which could mature into mighty leaders or great teachers?

How can we even consider the senseless annihilation of our unborn children, when it is due to the stupidity and negligence of their parents that they were created. I would defy all logic to execute a child for a murder committed by one of his parents, but to me it seems equally illogical to punish an unborn child for the action of his parents. Society must reject any religious creed if it requires that its adherents produce unwanted human life only to have it destroyed."

Anton LaVey, Letters from the Devil, March 21, 1971

"For example, the science of eugenics provides solutions for the issue of abortion. Satanically speaking, I am against abortion. Yet I do consider a problem of overpopulation. Therefore, I advocate compulsory birth control. Unborn babies did not ask to be conceived. Once conceived, they should have loving, responsible parents, even if adoptive. A stupid, irresponsible woman should not have the right to "decide" what she does with her own body when in all other things, her mind is being controlled by impersonal vested interests. An unborn child's father should influence the outcome of a pregnancy if it can be determined that he is more responsible than the mother. If he is stupid, insensitive and irresponsible, he should be sterilized. Irresponsible parents, male or female, should simply be kept from conceiving children.

The most vocal anti-abortion crusaders are fundamentalist Christians. Their entire plan and purpose originated with the same motivation that propagates any ethnic or religious grouping: to fill the world with more people like themselves. The women's movement favors abortion on the grounds that a woman's body is hers alone, to control as she chooses. Neither advocates mandatory birth control and selective sterilization, which--as a third side--could eliminate most of the entire issue. Of course, whenever an issue becomes more important than a solution, don't expect to stumble over a third side.

I respect someone who simply admits that he or she doesn't like kids--or dogs, cats, monkeys, zebras or potato bugs--for reasons of their own. It's when they cloak their reasons in the cant populist causes, that I become truculent."

Anton LaVey, Satan Speaks! 1998

When the Church of Satan is calling you out on your morality and ethics, you just might have a problem.  =D

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #155 on: September 24, 2020, 08:35:01 PM »
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #156 on: September 24, 2020, 08:52:52 PM »
Trump should start campaigning on if he gets reelected he will expand the court to 13 judges in the next four years.

Just for the confusion it would sow on the left threatening him with doing it themselves and the epic media meltdown.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #157 on: September 24, 2020, 10:54:13 PM »
Perhaps a list of quotes would be better:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/24/politics/trump-election-warnings-leaving-office/index.html

Yeah, none of those things indicate what is being claimed. Another example of CNN claiming, without evidence, that Trump is a villain.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #158 on: September 24, 2020, 10:55:24 PM »
Trump should start campaigning on if he gets reelected he will expand the court to 13 judges in the next four years.

Just for the confusion it would sow on the left threatening him with doing it themselves and the epic media meltdown.

:laugh:  All of the sudden it will be all his idea, and the Left will call you a liar when you say they were pushing it.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #159 on: September 24, 2020, 11:18:21 PM »
:facepalm:

Ruth Bader Ginsburg’s death prompted ’40-something attorney and mother’ to become a Satanist to safeguard her daughters’ abortion rights
https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2020/09/24/ruth-bader-ginsburgs-death-prompted-40-something-attorney-and-mother-to-become-a-satanist-to-safeguard-her-daughters-abortion-rights/

Scroll down to get to the point where she thinks using the term "handmaid" makes people suspect, because it apparently only means one, specific thing now.  :facepalm:

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #160 on: September 25, 2020, 08:40:53 AM »
Scroll down to get to the point where she thinks using the term "handmaid" makes people suspect, because it apparently only means one, specific thing now.  :facepalm:

And not a specific meaning in the context of the Roman Catholic group what's her name, the likely SC candidate, is part of.  Issues, ETc, from down in your neck of the woods, talked about this yesterday:    
2672. A Reuters Story about Amy Coney Barrett’s Religious Faith – Terry Mattingly, 9/23/20
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
« Reply #161 on: September 25, 2020, 04:28:45 PM »
While this article does frame it (of course) as something that will be done by Donald Trump, it correctly identifies the scenario that I think people should be worried about.
The worst case, however, is not that Trump rejects the election outcome. The worst case is that he uses his power to prevent a decisive outcome against him. If Trump sheds all restraint, and if his Republican allies play the parts he assigns them, he could obstruct the emergence of a legally unambiguous victory for Biden in the Electoral College and then in Congress. He could prevent the formation of consensus about whether there is any outcome at all. He could seize on that un­certainty to hold on to power.

I don't worry about Trump not leaving if he loses, I worry about not being able to tell who legitimately won - a very close election with contested recounts in multiple swing states and enough fraud to call the results into question. It's pretty much a guarantee that a record number of ballots will be disputed & discarded this year just because people do a bad job with their mail in ballots. That's going to give both sides ammunition to claim that there were shenanigans. Armies of "poll watchers" are being assembled and I wouldn't be surprised to see fights break out between BLM & Boogalooers in front of polling places. If there's a riot in front of your polling place what's the procedure to get your vote in?

If enough votes get thrown out, enough fraud is revealed, and there's enough chaos in the streets on election day, is the country going to accept the results?
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #163 on: September 25, 2020, 05:35:21 PM »
Cue the sad trombone, the dems already had 30 women lined up to testily he did something naughty 30 years ago.

Guess on to Plan B
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #164 on: September 25, 2020, 06:02:08 PM »
Plan B so far seems to be labeling her as some kind of Catholic cultist.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Pb

• friend
« Reply #165 on: September 25, 2020, 06:08:19 PM »
If enough votes get thrown out, enough fraud is revealed, and there's enough chaos in the streets on election day, is the country going to accept the results?

The losing side won't accept the results.

Of course, the Democratic Party never accepted the results of the 2016 election either.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #166 on: September 25, 2020, 07:06:49 PM »
The losing side won't accept the results.

Of course, the Democratic Party never accepted the results of the 2016 election either.

Or 2000. Some of them don't accept 2004.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #167 on: September 25, 2020, 08:20:01 PM »

IT BEGINS: Lib questions Amy Coney Barrett’s adoption of two kids from Haiti
https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2020/09/25/it-begins-lib-questions-amy-coney-barretts-adoption-of-two-kids-from-haiti/
- Calvin and Hobbes

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #168 on: September 25, 2020, 09:16:29 PM »
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #169 on: September 25, 2020, 09:38:24 PM »
In their attempt to accuse Cocaine Mitch of working "to cripple the proper functioning of all three branches of government, not to mention faith in the very idea of one America," the Washington Post couldn't help but give him another awesome nickname.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2020/09/20/mitch-mcconnell-is-apex-predator-us-politics/

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #170 on: September 25, 2020, 09:42:01 PM »

IT BEGINS: Lib questions Amy Coney Barrett’s adoption of two kids from Haiti
https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2020/09/25/it-begins-lib-questions-amy-coney-barretts-adoption-of-two-kids-from-haiti/

I met someone a long time ago that told me she was operating a child-smuggling ring in Georgetown. Kids would repeatedly go to these parties where they would be smuggled. It was a horrifying experience for them, but when they went to another party at her house, it would happen all over again. Anyway, some guy told me that in 1982. Or maybe '83. I'm afraid to fly.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #171 on: September 25, 2020, 09:58:07 PM »
And just accidentally call her "Of[husband's or boyfriend's name]," then look embarrassed and apologize.  =)

"From now on, my name is OfJesse."

https://babylonbee.com/news/amy-coney-barrett-holds-press-conference-in-handmaids-tale-uniform-just-to-mess-with-liberals
« Last Edit: September 25, 2020, 10:11:34 PM by Angel Eyes »
""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #172 on: September 26, 2020, 01:00:50 PM »
Emily Jashinsky makes a good point in saying that Barrett [and I would add, whomever Trump selects] will be like Trump's third running mate.

https://youtu.be/htLQc0Fo8W4

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #173 on: September 26, 2020, 02:16:44 PM »
Dem attacks have started on Barrett, with the current tact being making her look somehow nefarious for adopting kids from Haiti, and questioning how she treats them.

https://twitchy.com/brads-313037/2020/09/26/talking-points-have-gone-out-another-democrat-operative-goes-after-amy-coney-barrett-adoptions-and-then-locks-down-after-blowback/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #174 on: September 26, 2020, 02:23:39 PM »
Dem attacks have started on Barrett, with the current tact being making her look somehow nefarious for adopting kids from Haiti, and questioning how she treats them.

https://twitchy.com/brads-313037/2020/09/26/talking-points-have-gone-out-another-democrat-operative-goes-after-amy-coney-barrett-adoptions-and-then-locks-down-after-blowback/

Meanwhile nothing about Robert's questionable adoptions out of Ireland.  But based on Robert's rulings he is part of the swamp.  Special treatment for fellow travellers, for everyone else the law.