Author Topic: Hell on Wheels  (Read 1252 times)

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
Hell on Wheels
« on: November 23, 2014, 08:11:20 AM »
Why didn't someone say something sooner?  Watched a few episodes last night.  Love love love!
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: Hell on Wheels
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2014, 10:09:22 AM »
You must have been busy shoe shopping. :P  =D

http://www.armedpolitesociety.com/index.php?topic=45203.0
http://www.armedpolitesociety.com/index.php?topic=29500.0

Last night's (I'm gonna watch it today) was the last episode of this season. Next season is the last season, and the bastards are splitting it between 2015/2016.

The last couple of episodes this season, featuring Ruth, were freakin' intense and very well done.

« Last Edit: November 23, 2014, 10:13:21 AM by Ben »
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2014, 10:11:43 AM »
We've had a whole thread on it. Have you caught Longmire too?

What season is Netflix on right now for Hell on Wheels? I'm waiting to renew my subscription....

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2014, 10:19:22 AM »
Longmire I'm all caught up on waiting for Netflix to start the new season.

JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2014, 10:20:27 AM »

What season is Netflix on right now for Hell on Wheels? I'm waiting to renew my subscription....

I'm guessing Season 3, since Season 4 is on the air. I get HoW on Amazon, as I do Longmire and Justified, because I like them so much I wanted to both not wait for seasons to get on Netflix and also wanted to own them. I don't buy that many series, but those three are well worth it.

Sadly, this is also the last season of Justified, and the bastards cancelled Longmire. I read Longmire is being shopped to other networks.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2014, 10:23:27 AM »
Sadly, this is also the last season of Justified, and the bastards cancelled Longmire. I read Longmire is being shopped to other networks.

I think I heard that Longmire had been picked up by Netflix.

Netflix actually seems to respond to the wishes of subscribers, vs the networks...

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2014, 10:24:06 AM »
Netflix picked up the next season of Longmire.
JD

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2014, 10:32:08 AM »
That's awesome. Go Netflix! Wish they would have been doing series when Firefly was cancelled.

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2014, 09:47:46 PM »
Did anyone notice that the locomotive on Hell on Wheels is fake as he11? Not complaining, and I know it is difficult and expensive as he11 to get and use an authentic period locomotive.
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
  • From the saner side of Las Vegas
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2014, 08:17:23 AM »
Did anyone notice that the locomotive on Hell on Wheels is fake as he11? Not complaining, and I know it is difficult and expensive as he11 to get and use an authentic period locomotive.

Did you notice that you used "Hell" and/or "he11" 3 times in your post and the autocensor didn't pick up "Hell"?   :laugh:
Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
for a lead role in a cage?
-P.F.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2014, 08:28:22 AM »

The model train nerds did a few years ago.

http://cs.trains.com/trn/b/staff/archive/2012/01/05/beware-of-styrofoam-and-plywood-locomotives-bearing-history.aspx
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2014, 09:26:29 PM »
LOL I've been binge watching and am halfway through season 4 now.  It didn't hurt that I was able to stream netflix at work last night on my laptop and watch several episodes.
JD