Author Topic: US Post office... wtf?  (Read 3413 times)

Jim147

• friends
Re: US Post office... wtf?
« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2010, 06:55:26 PM »
Strangely enough, this MO was from this same post office.

That might have been the reason for the problem right there. There are a few reasons to use one instead of cash, but most people won't pay a fee to do a local transaction by MO.

jim
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

PTK

• friends
« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2010, 07:25:03 PM »
That might have been the reason for the problem right there. There are a few reasons to use one instead of cash, but most people won't pay a fee to do a local transaction by MO.

jim

This is the third time, and the other two were out of state.
"Only lucky people grow old." - Frederick L.
September 1915 - August 2008

"If you really do have cancer "this time", then this is your own fault. Like the little boy who cried wolf."

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2010, 07:35:13 PM »
Can we all stand down a minute?

Has she even considered setting up a meeting with the local Postmaster to discuss her concerns/frustration?  She might take PTK along as another "different-looking" postal patron who has not incurred the same difficulties she seems to have a more-than-glancing frequency of encountering, and ask "Why me and not him?"

There might be a perfectly unreasonable reason behind the way she's being treated that the Postmaster could address and rectify before you all go off seting up a "postal defense fund" to pay for her lawsuit.

The above is probably a result of perusing numberless gun boards to try and find info on a rather old incident, and having to plow through typical gun-board yahoo-ism and bravado.

stay safe.

skidmark
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

GigaBuist

• friends
    • http://www.justinbuist.org/blog/
« Reply #28 on: May 04, 2010, 07:58:47 PM »
One of my college roommates made a sport out of petty financial fraud.

He works for Goldman Sachs now, doesn't he?

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #29 on: May 04, 2010, 08:12:08 PM »
They absolutely, 100% certainly do not. How would we file such a lawsuit? She's fuming mad, since the wait made her late for work, as well.

Anti-discrimination laws are civil rights laws. Contact a civil rights attorney, or (gasp!) try the ACLU. They don't like us RKBA types, but they tend to go after discrimination cases.

[Edit to add]I often tend to agree with Skid, but not here. Going in for a meeting lets them know what cards you are holding, and gives them advance notice that it's time to circle the wagons. This is not an isolated incident, it's a pattern ... they've done it to her three times. It IS discrimination. Since she is part Indian and part black, she feels discriminated against due to race or color or ethnicity. They should have their feet held to the fire, and a polite "meeting" will not accomplish that.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2010, 08:19:31 PM by Hawkmoon »
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #30 on: May 04, 2010, 09:13:16 PM »
I'm not normally one to call out the attack lawyers, but maybe you should in this case.  Does your SO want own a post office?
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #31 on: May 04, 2010, 10:15:57 PM »
Own a Post Office just because they took too long to cash her money order?   =|

There are jerks and tards everywhere, even at the Post Office.  Perhaps especially at the Post Office.  Ain't worth calling up the lawyers over it.

GigaBuist

• friends
    • http://www.justinbuist.org/blog/
« Reply #32 on: May 04, 2010, 11:00:49 PM »
Just go to USPS.gov and leave some feedback on the local post.  I did that once when Amazon.com kicked me an email saying that delivery failed because the postman couldn't get to my house which was odd since I watched the mail man drive up to my house that sunny day.  Wasn't any reason they couldn't get to my door with a package.

Called around, unable to locate my actual post because I live in a vortex of confusing addresses.  I hit USPS.gov with a message basically stating the above.  What I didn't stress, and I realized my error the next day, is that I figured the fault lied somewhere within their computer network and NOT with the driver.

I got a voice mail the next day from the driver asking me, very apologetic-ish, if he'd done anything wrong.  I left him a note at the mailbox.  It was just the computers that horked up.  No big deal.

Basically, I've got a feeling the postal workers take feedback from USPS.gov seriously if they care about their job.

Some don't.  I used to drink at a pub that had a postal worker there.  Nice guy but a failure at life.  Multiple DUI's etc.  Didn't have a license and rode around on a bike, usually drunk, and bounced checks at bars.

On the other hand I shoot with a bunch of guys from USPS and they're alright.  Almost everybody in the group is former armed services.  The one guy that isn't commented the other week that it seems like 80% of the post office is staffed by former military which makes him the odd duck at work.  Funny thing, he shoots better than the rest of 'em. Go figure.